Wheel of Fortune contestants

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Omegatron, May 13, 2008.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't watch 'Wheel' everyday, but sometimes I use it as a warm up for Jeopardy. Today, two of the stupidest contestants EVER were on the show...and that's saying something.

1st puzzle: Here's what was on the board: I CO_LD GET _SED TO THIS. There were no more consonants, and I'm assuming the 'A' had already been bought, since lesser vowels like 'I' and 'O are on the board. The contestant ACTUALLY BUYS THE 'U.' Seriously. But she couldn't compare to contestant #2...

2nd puzzle: ELE_ATE_ TRAIN _LAT_OR_ is on the board. Notice that the 'R' has already been called. But, numbskull contestant #2 solves this puzzle as 'ElevaTOR train platform.' FAIL.

3rd puzzle: It's a 'Before and after,' and DAN_ING ON AIR _ORDAN is on the board. Numbskull from puzzle 2 elects to solve this one as 'DanGLing on air Jordan.' Because, you know, those tricky Wheel people decided to make one space equal 2 letters, just for this puzzle.

Of course, neither of these is the stupidest WOF contestant ever. The worst one I remember seeing had the entire puzzle spelled out, and didn't read one of the words correctly. Every letter was there, and there was still FAIL.

These people get free money for this.

-Tony!

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

The wheel is so rigged. I remember whenever they use to let the day's winner carry-over to the next day, and once they just keep giving the big money spots to a semi-retarded guy without him ever once hitting a bankrupt(everyone else got BRs and Lose a turns). I think he won like $150,000 by his third day. Kinda heart warming, but I'd never want to go on the wheel and get chosen as the person thats not gonna win.

3. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

After the show, each contestant was immediately stopped for a "Jaywalking" segment on the Tonight Show...

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think they test people before they become contestants, take the stupidest people and put them on the show. That way they don't lose alot of money. Think about it, if they recruited smart people they would be giving away alot of money and prizes.

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I peaked intellectually at age 8 when I correctly solved a puzzle on Wheel of Fortune with no letters exposed. This was of course on TV...they don't allow 8 year olds on Wheel of Fortune as far as I know. Also, had I actually been on the show, that would have been epic fail because I would, of course, not yet scored any money at the time I solved the puzzle.

6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

my dad rode the train all the way across the country from NY to cali to try out for the show when I was little. he didn't make it because he apparently wasn't enthusiastic enough for it. I guess he didn't yell "BIG MONEY" as the wheel was spinning, or something like that.

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    saw on tv the other day clips of a woman on The Peice is Right who bidded 1 dollar under the woman who bid right before she did and when they called out the price, she thought she won.
    she did that twice. and got pissed that she lost.

8. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TPIR contestants are almost as dumb as Wheel people. I don't know how many times I've seen bidding go something like this...
    "$850" "$1100" "$600"

Those of us who are somewhat intelligent know that at this point, your bid should be one of 4 prices: $1, $851, $1101, or $601, depending on where you think the price is. But, time after time, someone bids $1,000 in a case like this, and then looks shocked when the $850 bidder is up on stage trying to win a new dinette set and a spa.

At least they've changed the Piggy Bank game. In the old days, they'd maximize the amount in the Piggy Bank, so if the Piggy Bank amount started with a '5,' all numbers above 5 were in either the car's price or the loveseat's.

Anyone see the 'How I Met Your Mother' episode where Barney went on TPIR? Priceless.

9. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree. I remember once where the Game was Cliffhanger (The yodeling mountain climber game). You only have $25 total to miss the three prizes by. On the first prize the person WAAAY over bid. I'm talking bidding about $100+ for a $30-40 item. I just laughed my ass off as the little guy climbed up and off the little hill.

On the soup a week or so ago, they had a clip where a person bid $1 UNDER another. She thought she won and leaped up on stage and had go sit back down. Later she bid the right way, and Drew accidentally called her up and she hadn't won. She once again had to sit back down. :lolol 

I just saw a clip of the Wheel (part of stupid answers) the Puzzle is "_IN_ _RS & _OES" The guy guesses "Minors and Hoes" :lol 

Just remembered one of my Fav Wheel answer bloopers. the Puzzle was:
    "_ _R__P __ __LL-__SH_RS" (A Group of Well-Wishers). The guy guessed: A group of Pill-pushers. :lolol 

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  10. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

At least the clue wasn't "NAGGERS."

11. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

[​IMG]

Only giving more proof to fact that WOF picks idiots for their winners.

Though I think its hilarious that Randy's letter spell Bong. If I ever went on WOF and made to the prize puzzle my letters would be F C K U

12. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Weird Al's. "I Lost on Jeopardy!" says it all about any game show contestant wannabe's. as a kid, i used to think i could be a WOF champion, but i knew that the instant i showed up, some drooling idiot from Mayberry would kick my ass.