wheel Bots

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Oct 5, 2009.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i have been wachitng reviews and threads about the arcee triplets and most of them ppl complains sayign WHY THEY HAVE WHEELS ISNATDN OF LEGS!!. NO LEGS THEN THEY SUCK, THEY A BIG MESS THEY HAEV NO LEGS, CRPA NAOTHER WHEEL BOTS, NO HUMANOID FORM FOR THE SISTSER? THIS IS BULLSHIT, i was wodnrign WHY but why wheels make fans Pissed, boencrusher, demolishor, scanvager, sideswipe and wheele have legs but ppl dont get mad then why they do get mad with the arcee sisters? i need an awnser why you guys mad that the arcee sisters have wheels instand of legs, Come on WHEELS MAKE THEM FASTER and legs dont, so i need an awsner

2. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Cool story brah.

3. megapork

megapork Cheese

wow, apparently all fans hate wheeel bots.NOT. someone please close this thread soon cause this to me is just another example of trolling.

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    its nto trolling i jsut wnated to ask why they prefer legs over wheels

5. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    I'd say it's that people are more accustomed to legs with feet. Seeing a bot on wheels is different and not everyone likes different. I think it's cool.

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    It was a new idea to the film, everything new has risks, but it worked. Personally I'm curious if they would make a robot that could have wheels for feet, but then transform back to feet.
    A good candidate would be sideswipe, but might be the wrong choice since new bots are coming. And yes,

I know, "why" waste the animation on something like that, I'd just like to see it that's all.

7. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

This.
    Sideswipe is fine by me, since he has both feet and wheels, the sisters are not, they look like nagas on wheels. Ugly nagas at that.
    Im STILL on the fence on Demolishor, there were too many compromises made to make him wheeled I feel.

8. TacticalSamurai

TacticalSamurai Hunter Killer

One thing is people are not used to unorthodox designs. Especially if what people thought originally of Arcee was a humanoid design and in the movie it got turned into something very creature-like, odd-looking, and an unbalanced design.

Another point is people who are very keen into design/modern design/futuristic design are not so bothered by the wheel foot design. In Japanese animations, wheels on feet were used in anime like VOTOMS, Code Geass, and Evangelion. Its a new form of design for something that always been a foot design on bipedal robot designs. You might want to look into a videogame called SLAI (*its not a very great game, but an ok one), they do have robots that have wheels instead of feet.

Apparently many kids that got into transformers and adults either only saw few robot-related shows and not a whole lot to witness various designs. And another reason is people thought of Arcee having legs in the old cartoon series. Another is the typical artisans eye. If you're an artist, what happens is you try to shy away from the more common acceptable designs. You want to draw something different and new.

So there you have it. Unicycle robot designs or wheel feet designs also adds to the robot's form of making use of thier alternate vehicle mode's feature, like wheels or tank treads for feet. Cars uses wheels to drive, so robots can use them to walk or run too. This make the robot make use of the alt form better and is more of an interesting concept for speed too.

sigh...and I saw this thread on michaelbays forum too...just keep it to one.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Wheels make it more difficult to Rule 34 them.

10. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

When in bot mode they don't have much stability and that's why people complain.

11. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    People complain them as toys. But in CGI, wheelbots are bad-ass,

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it depends on if we are talking about wheels on the feet or unicycle bots.

Wheels on the feet aren't bad. You get the nice aesthetic that a leg design brings combined with something new. Since they have two legs then it seems like the robot could most of the things you could do on roller skates or roller blades. Most of the wheel feet designs also have some way where the form some sort of foot when they don't want the robot or mech to balance on the wheel.

Unicycle bots, I just don't like the look of them at all. First unicycles just aren't cool, sure some people can do neat tricks on them but unicycles still aren't cool. Since it stands out as a design it's also hard to look at any unicycle robot or mech and not feel oh gee they are going for the Gizmo-Duck look. Also that feeling that it's a horrible design because all someone would have to do is give the bot a bit of shove to put them on their back.

There is also that feeling of places just cheaping out since it cost less to animate a unicycle bot rolling than it does to animate a legged robot walking. To put a convincing walk on a legged robot shows skill while unicycle bots are just lazy.

13. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    People (and especially TF fans) complain because things are different. Everyone bitched and moaned (including myself) about Animated's design aesthetic but once things got rolling a lot of us warmed up to it. The same thing happens every year in this fandom and that's just the way it is. Most people are not adapt to the concept of change and remain close minded. Welcome to the joys of fandom...

14. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Because it ruins the original image of the character that shares the same name as those from the movieverse? Oh I don't know.

I was just pissed because it took two years for Arcee's toy/unused movie design to grow on me and then they had to go and mess things up again. I really didn't like the lack of consistancy.

15. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    This.

16. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I dig the Wheel Feet people. I hate the Arcee Triplets for other moment. Though I kind of like Elita-1/Flare-Up/Moonracer.

and why do you hate the English language?

17. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    What other moment?

18. Sgt-mike-larry

Sgt-mike-larry Well-Known Member

HA HA HA! Awesome i was thinking the same thing.

Whats the Bet that half the people that are complaining about the 'wheelbots' also proudly own a pair of roller skates or roller blades... Hmm do i hear the sweet sound of a hypocrite?! Deep down in side they all wish they had Wheel feet.