What's your worst expierence from a store worker while trying to buy toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by all are dead, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Deadfett

Deadfett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My worst was about 2 years ago some wee twat deciding to mock me for buying toys at my age, i proceeded to point out that he was bout same age and was still a checkout boy and if he wanted to comment on what a man buys to get a man job, he threatened to call security i promptly told him i'd happy complain to his manager as i was confident he'd have been complained about before, funnily he shut up and served me with no more comments :) 
    It took the shine right out of whatever it was i buying, was right pissed off

2. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    All the old ladies at Wal-Mart are unpleasant, from what I've seen.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    If people ever question you, why don't you just say it's for a son, or a brother?

4. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My best was when some dicks from my school came over and started half-jokingly saying "Oh look here at this loser looking at toys." To which I replied that they were for my little cousin who was in a bike accident and has to spend his birthday in a hospital. Complete lie, but the look on their faces was great.

5. deltagod

deltagod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not ashamed of collecting these, why bother?

6. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

>2012
    >not being 100% completely confident in your purchases

7. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Can you please explain the >s in your posts?

8. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

implication

9. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Because more often than not, that's actually the question posed: "Oh, whose birthday is it?" "Are these for your son?"

I just can't impulsively lie. Besides, I have no problem admitting to being a collector.

And every time I get the "Aren't you a little old to be buying toys?" remark, I tell them simply: I have a job, I pay my rent and bills, and I feed myself quite well. Being an adult is the best time to be buying toys.

10. slackerforhire

slackerforhire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have 2 TRUs in my area that I frequent. I've encountered generally good customer service at one, and nothing but abysmal at the other. I walked into the *good* TRU several weeks back, and lo and behold, they had the FOC figures, aside from Shockwave (this is be fore the case revision announcement). I wrote down the product code and called the bad TRU. I explained what I was looking for and said I had the product code. They put me on hold for about 5 minutes. Then, a guy picks up and says "which Transformer are you looking for?" I respond, "Fall of Cybertron Shockwave from the new Generations line. They're on a red card and should be around $14.99." He snaps back, "The new Generations? Those aren't coming out until the fall. I keep track of that stuff, so I would know if they were here." I calmly said, "Well, I just left a TRU that had all but Shockwave on the pegs..." He huffs and asks for the product number. I give it to him. He's silent for several minutes. He then says, "It looks like they'll be on the truck tomorrow" and then hangs up on me.

Pretty sure that this is the same employee who butt in front of me on my way to the TF aisle during the holidays when the Prime FEs were being stocked. He snagged a Bumblebee from the pegs, clutched it close and walked quickly out of the aisle, I was starting to smile and say 'hi', but he cut me off with a glare. Not sure if he was trying to secure it for himself or a customer on the phone. Regardless, I don't think the action was necessary, considering the 10-15 other FE Bees on display...

11. Deadfett

Deadfett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cause i'm 32 happily married and work damn hard for my money. i'm passed being embarressed or ashamed by the fact i love transformers. I would genuinly be more embarressed if like others my age i got smashed every weekend.
    Besides the fact that my right arm is covered in soundwave and his cassettes kind of gives away the fact i'm atransformers geek so why should i hide the buying of said toys.
    Its not embarresment, its the intolerence and judgement shown by these people that pisses me off. I'd quite happily pick apart their life and be confident that they too may have "issues"

12. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    haha! Dude your so right I love it.

13. deltagod

deltagod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Local target employee wished me luck trying to find a Vehicon, turns out his co-workers are buying them all so there is no chance of them making it out to the shelf anytime soon. He was cool about it and not trying to be a douche, but letting me know my chances are slim at that location.

14. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    I cant tell you how bad ive been treated at some TRU's then be treated amazing. At the same TRU, I called and got Animated leaders Bulkhead and Megatron then the first wave of Universe 2.0 figures on hold for me, then a week later, was told they never recieved any of them to the point and wont for months when i called to track one down for my cousin who fell in love with Tankor. I found Tankor at the same TRU later that day and there were multiple so he was lying. With the TRU's around here, its hit or miss with the helpfulness. Then the worker who put the first wave of 2.0 figs on hold for me, put the second wave on hold for me just from me asking cuz he recognized my voice and said "You must be wanting the 2 new Transformers we just got in today huh?"

~AAD

15. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Unless you're exaggerating about the number of bumblebees you're luck to have such a good chance at the FEs, I worked tru between Thanksgiving and Christmas last year and o think we only got 3 cases at the same time as their bogo so they went fast...then the Fe line was cancelled.

16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not an employee but once while checking out at TRU a couple years back I had over $100 in toys and when I was told the total from the cashier some guy in line mumbled to his wife/girlfriend "it must be nice to waste so much money on toys". Without hesitation I turned my head and replied "if you had a better job than you could do it as well", and happily went on my way with the image of he and his lady friend's jaws dropped in disbelief.:D 

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    One dude when I was 11 told me his uncle was the president of Mattel and that he has the only Original G1 Unicron ever made.

I bought it for years.

18. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    actually, that's why the target dpci scanners/inventory checkers exist. they are available for PUBLIC use so if you found something searching online, it says they have them at the stores, and you can't find it on their shelves, you can punch it in their scanner/inventory checker and see what the deal is.

once that code comes up "ISLE: N/A, STOCKROOM: YES" you have all the right in the world to ask them to pull something. and yes, if they want to make a sale (which they damn well should), they should be more then willing to pull the product for you, pending any street date they may get fined for (if there is one).

I definitely consider that their job. They are the ones who should be wanting to make a sale, they are getting paid, on the clock, working. Granted I always thank the employee if they can do it for me, but I don't consider it a courtesy in any way. It's definitely part of their job.

19. Salty

Salty Fritobot

Ha. Tell that to the ones by me. They actually put a sign up on the TF pegs clearly stating 'Do not ask' the employees to check in the back for items that you want.

20. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I didn't know employees ever check in the back for stuff. I've never had anyone check anything for me even when I asked