What's your worst expierence from a store worker while trying to buy toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by all are dead, Aug 13, 2012.

1. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Sorry if this has been made before, i just haven't seen one.

So ill get this started. This isn't my worst, but the most recent.
    Yesterday, I went to Target to get FOC deluxes. They were in the back, but not on the shelves. So I went to ask a guy. I start explaining to him and very snotty, he cuts me off and says, Dude. They're on the shelf. I say they aren't because all they did was restock Prime Deluxes (must have just done it because an entire fresh case of them was just put out cuz they had no dust on them and I got the only Airrachnid). So I tell him I knew they were supposed to be out during the big reset they just did and was about to give him the DPCI and he cuts me off again and says, Oh no. you were lied to. If they aren't out, then they cant be sold because they arent supposed to be out until the "revision" of the isle in a couple months. Worst part is, it was a trainer. I hate dealing with that one lazy worker. I understand there is a policy for going in the back for things (or at least there used to be) but they have supposed to be out for weeks and they haven't put them out so I figured it wasn't bad.

~AAD

2. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    Honestly, I don't buy anything in store anymore. I buy everything online. I got so tired of wasting time and gas looking for things that should be out, but isn't. I almost never go into the toy isles, even if I'm walking past them.

3. jru42287

jru42287 With great power...

News Credits:
    This could be a fun thread.

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It's really hit or miss with retail store employees. I've had employees bring me cases of figures to simply try and find that one toy, and then I've had guys like the one you experienced who just tell me to piss off.

Take the good times, take the bad times.

5. all are dead

News Credits:
    Exactly. I've had 3 guys help me find things by bringing me the whole case and letting me pick what I want, then the guys who are just asses.

~AAD

6. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Never really had any problems with the store workers. I mean, I've been turned down for asking for things in the stockroom that have street dates, but that's their responsibility to deny that so they don't get hit for fines. I can't get upset with them for that.

The majority of stores I've had problems with were video games/electronics shops. You can get some real dickheads there with superiority complexes.

7. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Waited all day for a POTF AT-AT on my birthday at TRU.

Went there at 9am left at 8pm. Brother and Mom went to TRU to get me a present. Bring back AT-AT. The assholes lied to me .

Second worse experience. Assholes at Target not letting me use coupon on a clearance item ($14.99 Leadfoot) when they had the $3 off coupons.

Other then that I have had great experiences.

8. all are dead

News Credits:
    Just called the target which the guy turned me down and have 1 of each of the foc figs waiting for me And told the guy I talked to that the guy was snotty with me and gave him a description so hopefully he stops lying. He needed to do his job.

~AAD

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I've rarely wasted my time talking to employees. None of them are experts, nor should they be expected to be. I think it's rude to ask them to look in the stockroom for something and I've only done it twice and felt like a complete douchebag asshole for doing it so I won't do it again. I'm fine just going in and casually looking for what I want. I will say I do most of my purchases online these days as well.

10. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i've been lucky so far when i ask for help or if there are any in back (the guys at my local TRU are awesome). though i called a comic store in Littleton, CO. asking if they had any TFs and the guy was a real asshole. otherwise the only bad things that happen to me is when i'm checking out at regular retail stores and the cashier gives me a funny look when they see me getting toys

11. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

Most places of business treat their employees pretty bad since the economy down turned. I know of two places popular for TF toys that give their employees the jobs of 4 people and literally dont have time to look for things. Dont ask employees questions is what I'm getting at.. thanks to management, they arent in happy moods to begin with and its not always the fault of the employee for not willing to look.

My woman used to work at Walmart for 8 years until she graduated. She got in trouble several times for taking 5 minutes out to go help customers. They cant write you up for helping customers but they write you up for not getting your other stuff done during that 5 minutes. yeah its messed up.

12. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't had any negative issues with store employees. Most do what they can and at least make an effort to look. Some went above and beyond and pulled out a fresh case and let me pick and choose, but I've only done this about twice and I felt like I was imposing both times so I don't make a habit of it (especially when I'm in uniform but workers tend to be more accommodating then). Other times they just don't know or pull up nothing on their data terminals, but no big deal. I do most of my shopping online anyway. Too many times I've been met with disappointment wasting time, money, and gas driving around and end up finding nothing. eBay, however; I've had some negative experiences that I don't care to recount here.

13. icewolf74

icewolf74 Well-Known Member

So wait, someone doing you a favor and pulling toys out of the back would be considered doing "his job?" IIRC, you stated that the Transformer pegs were clearly full from the recent stocking by employees doing their job, but just didn't have the toys you wanted. Since the pegs were full, he was in no way obligated to pull anymore out of the back. WOW...I am questioning who the snotty one really was. :rolleyes: 

14. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Every time I ask my stupid TRU's employees to check the back, they just insist that as soon as they get something they put it on the shelf, and then they force me to wait a few hours for them to check their computer.

15. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

I had a crusty, old-woman cashier at Walmart tell me it was disgusting that I was buying toys (it was some G.I.Joe figures).

I'm not sure if she meant that I was disgusting, or the fact a grown man was buying toys was disgusting. Kinda the same thing, I guess...

I probably should have been pissed, but the woman was SO old and SO crotchety that I and the guy behind me in line got a good chuckle out of it.

16. all are dead

News Credits:
    Oh no. The Prime pegs were full. The spaces for FOC were empty. If all the pegs were full, i would have understood but they had empty spaces for the FOC figures with the prices and numbers matching them and by doing his job, I meant for him not to just sit and lie to me, because he said he knew what they were and then just said they werent able to be sold.

~AAD

17. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Worst I've honestly had was an employee blatantly lie to me saying they weren't allowed to check backstock. Because yes you can Target chick. Even input the DPCI to see if what I wanted was back there, and it was (might've been the ROTF Brut set).

Other than that, employees have been great to me. Be polite and know what you're talking about, and I don't see why an employee wouldn't help you, save for getting that person who's just not having a good day.

18. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Jump back a few years, the Classics Devastator gift-set was out at Walmart....but not mine, I checked every day (The walmart was attached to the mall I worked at) and nothing, after about 2 months since first sighting I finaly started asking, and getting the "If it's here we've stocked it" answer....we're now 2 months since release, after about 2 weeks of this I walk over to the Pet section and notice this employee who is undeniable HIGH on the job, so I go "hey man, theres no one in toys can you help me find...."

I manage to get this guy to walk back there and stand around for about 5-6 minutes....he walks out of the back "this one?" Devastator giftset in hand!

Now heres the best part, they STILL don't put him on shelves. jump forward about 4 months later, the shelves are stocked with about 3 cases of him......on the CLEARANCE aisle shelves. so a bunch of buddies buy him at like $15 a pop.....

19. all are dead

News Credits:
    Ive only had one helpful worker in my life at a Walmart. It was the toy department manager. Other than that its always that or they are on order.

~AAD

20. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    The employees at Wal-Mart are always annoying, chatty, or dicks. There's this weird lady at the back checkouts in my Wal-Mart who has an annoying accent who's chatty, and there's an old lady who's rude and has an AWFUL expression who's always hanging out near the garden area entrance (Closest to the toy section) who always glares at me and is rude about their new rule to show them the receipt.