What's Your Ultimate Feelgood Moment?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Auto Morph, Sep 16, 2010.

1. OreoBuilder

OreoBuilder Well-Known Member

There are a few. Dinobot's death in Beast Wars. Actually, most of Beast Wars was very satisfying as far as goose-bumpage. However, my ultimate has to be the Autobots arrival on Earth in TF1. The mood, the mystery, the introductions and music, my god the music. It was the scene that I had been waiting for, for 23 years and it still gives me gooses bumps thinking about it.

Also,the scene where Barricade is interrogating Sam in a warehouse. Bumblebee arrives and saves him. Barricade runs after them and transforms in mid-stride and starst to chase them. That scene sets the momentum for the rest of the movie, including the arrival scene.

OB

2. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Cybercon2005 where I met Peter Cullen for the first time. He was so nice and cordial.

Botcon2007 meeting David Kaye, Stan Bush, and the IDW crew. Had a few conversations with Nick Roche who's a really good guy.

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Getting Powermaster Prime as a child. I can still remember taking him off of the shelf at Zellers.

4. J1000

J1000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Coming home from school (4th grade) and seeing MTMTE airing for the first time after just having heard about the toys a week or so prior.. man.. so many magical memories of growing up in the 80's; great thread!

Getting Soundwave for my 10th birthday, just after the first airing of the original series.. so cool

x eleventy billion

I was watching this with my son, who has become a huge Transformers fan himself; pure awesomeness

Yep.. the thrill of looking at that chopper and thinking "Omg.. THAT is a REAL Decepticon, not a cartoon!".. awesome

Hell yeah; that music, combined with the imagery, and the premise that things are going to hell in a handbasket, and the Autobots have finally arrived to help; incredible scene.. 10 years old all over again!

Adding to the above, talking to John Moschitta (Blurr) at Botcon 2000, and much more recently, my son getting to see Optimus in person (and getting to meet Bay in person was pretty damn cool too).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I thought of another great feel-good moment, but it requires a little back story.

Back when I was a kid and Beast Wars was airing, I had taped nearly every episode (for whatever reason, every episode except the last 10 or so, and only half of Cutting Edge). So with all those episodes, I had four video tapes full of Beast Wars episodes which were in order for the most part. Strange thing was, I never had The Agenda Part 2 on any of those four tapes, so for years I had never seen that episode (and this was the days before YouTube too O_O) so I only had online episode synopsis to go by.

But then one day I was going through other tapes that I had, and one of them actually had The Agenda Part 2 on it! You can imagine how incredibly thrilled I was to FINALLY see this episode that I had only read about online and had only seen parts of in the Part III recap. It was one of my favorite Transformers moments ever.

And of course when they released season 3 on DVD was awesome too because I finally got to see all of those final episodes again. It's funny though, because I've seen every other episode probably a dozen times, except for those last ten which I've only watched a handful of time =P

6. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

I've had a ton throughout the years.

There were instances of toy related joy that repeated themselves over and over where I found a figure I had been hunting for or that I received something great for Christmas (like Brave Max in 2002). Similarly, the thrill of winning a back-n-forth bidding war for an item.

But my greatest "feelgood" moments came in 2004 and 2007.

In 2004, I was ready to get rid of my TFs. My girlfriend at the time (now my wife) encouraged me to hold onto them. A few months later, I was looking at the Energon combiners every time we went to the store and she purchased the components for Devestator and Superion (with doubles for limbs, given distribution patterns keeping the repainted limbs a few months away). That's when I got into collecting again.

In 2007, it was a grouping of several things. I went to my first Botcon in Providence, I completed my classics seekers, spent over a grand in the dealer room, met and posed for a picture with David Kaye, and I saw the TF movie in theaters shortly after on opening night (which was awesome).

Meeting Kaye was cool. At the time, it had been a few years since the accident that ended my bodybuilding, but I still retained some of the mass. Kaye started flexing his arm and gesturing for me to do the same going "Show the Guns!" I was a little shy at first but it was a cool picture, me flexing with the voice of Megatron/Optimus.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    as a kid, getting my friends collections as presents because they grew out of them :D 

newer ones, finally getting mp megatron, opening the bruticus sets and mp grimlock for my b-day

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Everytime I saw Beast Wars on TV or got one of the toys.

Everytime I saw Animated on TV or got one of the toys.

Seeing the 2007 Transformers Movie for the first time.

Those are my "feelgood" moments. I don't go to conventions, or have any specific memory of getting any specific toy. All I remember is how excited I was and how awesome those times were.

9. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
  10. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Finally found a G1 Starscream's Ghost figure MIB at a descent price. Seen a lot on ebay for around $300 which I thought was too much for it. So, that's my feel good moment.

11. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

"Arise, Rodimus Prime."
    "Optimus!"

YEAH!
    *cool guitar riffs*

12. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just thought of another one, can't believe I forgot this:

When Beast Wars was on t.v. I was just a casual viewer. If it was on while I was switching channels, I'd go ahead and watch it. I just couldn't get into it too much. One day, I stopped on an episode that seemed like any other, and as I was watching it, Ravage shouted "Decepticons forever!" and transformed...with the original transformation noise. Now this was the Transformers I remembered, a connection had been made. I watched it regularly from that point, and as I stayed I found a pretty well written show.

13. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Christmas morning 1988, waking up to find Powermaster Prime waiting for me under the tree.

July 2007, waiting in antipation for the trailers to end, and the transformers movie to start.

November 2008, My girlfriend buying me Leader Class optimus prime.

Good memories.

14. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

For me, it was during TF1, the entire sequence from when the four asteroids land on earth, up to when Optimus, Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet and Bumblebee transform in the alley. Up to then it was just a robot movie (yes, even Bumblebee, due to not being a Beetle, was just another robot)... but from that moment on, it was Transformers.

15. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

1986 TF Movie, Rodimus running down the cooridor, stopping and then stating "Autobots, Transform and roll out!" Then revealing his new alternate mode. Gave me goosebumps then as does it everytime I watch it. Just a great way to reveal the new leader.

16. foxindebox

foxindebox Plastic Crack Addict

Buying my masterpiece convoy (MP 01) and transforming a toy for the first time since probably 1991 then trawling the internet and shops to buy many, many transformers to replace the G1 collection given away by my late grandmother (before she departed, obviously!!).

However, there is a down side... The look on my girlfriends face when she realized that the current spend is well into the second thousand:eek: 

17. ChopperByrne

ChopperByrne Well-Known Member

It will most likely be some time next week when I place my order for MP Rodimus Prime with Kapow.

I never had a Hot Rod or Rodimus Prime toy as a child and he's my favourite Autobot, so I'll be quite happy to have him proudly displayed on my shelf.

18. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    • Seeing Blackout transform at the beginning of the 2007 movie. It was my first taste of Transformers ever and I was like HOLY GOD WHAT IS THAT I DON'T EVEN *flail*.

• Listening to Steve Jablonsky's score for the first live action film. When "Arrival to Earth" came on, my OST-loving neurosis just went into overload. And it went completely nuts at "Scorponok" and "The AllSpark".

• Megatron becoming Galvatron in the 1984 movie. It upset the hell out of me because Megs is my favourite Geewun character, but it was also sort-of AWESOME. (It was also watching the '84 movie that got me into Transformers as a fandom.)

• Transforming my first Transformers figure successfully. Universe Starscream. :]

19. ChopperByrne

ChopperByrne Well-Known Member

20. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

1. Opening day of Transformers: The Movie (1986)
    2. My first real Transformer.... Soundwave
    3. Day the Dinobots finally came out... I ran around the store like a child who lost his mind.
    4. Christmas 1984, when I got all the TFs I didn't already have (which was most of them).
    5. First time I caught the cartoon... ep 2 of MTMTE.
    6. Sunday mornings... 9:30 am Season 1 (was a family ritual)
    7. Drooling over the G1 collection booklets
    8. Collecting the Marvel comics
    9. Start of the daily episodes, 4pm Mon-Fri in 1985
    10. Playing Transformers/My Little Pony with my little sister (strange combo, but we had fun)
    11. Making my own little Transformer comic books 1984-1988
    12. TF season 3 (1986)
    13. TF: return of Optimus Prime and then Re-birth (1987)
    14 Getting the second half of TF Victory on video tape (1989)

15. Discovering Car Robots in Jan of 2000 before it started --- and then collecting it.
    16. TF Animated... for bringing back the same love I had for Transformers back in '84.
    17. TF Armada in 2002.... the first full line of my kind of Transformers since G1 ended.
    18. First day of the Live Action Transformers movie 2007
    19. Day I first saw MasterPiece Convoy and Binal Tech Smokescreen
    20. Day I got my Holy Grail.... Diaclone Blue Bluestreak MIB.
    21. Beast Wars 1996 for bring Transformers back, and being better than my first impressions of it being stupid
    22. 2002 when Rhino started releasing season sets of the G1 cartoon on DVD
    23. This year, seeing MasterPiece Rodimus for the first time
    24 When DreamWave started releasing comics based on G1
    25. 2000 Takara's PVC G1 collections, the first real G1 collectables in a very long time.
    26. Finally getting all three of the Japanese only G1 eps on DVD
    27. Ebay in 2000, for giving me the ability to start collecting vintage MIB/MOC G1 Transformers
    28. Day I found my way to TFW2005 in the fall of 2002
    29. When I and my buddy in Japan Ryan started 'Fan to Fan' in 2003 (I wasn't involved much after the fact though)
    30. G1 Re-issues 2000-to present
    31. The sheer continued love I have for Transformers even after all this time