What's Your Ultimate Feelgood Moment?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Auto Morph, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

You may or may not be aware of the fact that, as a fandom, we are often prone to bitching and whining about things related to Transformers we don't like. :p 

For the purposes of this thread, I humbly ask you to forget those ways and start celebrating what's made you feel great about Transformers. It can even be a tiny moment which others may not even realise exists or something huge and wonderful? Was it when you got your first toy as a child? Was it when Prime kicked Megatron's ass in the cartoon? Was it meeting someone connected to the media who you have admired for their work? Go ahead and share your best moments and let's celebrate and have a good time! :rock 

I'll name my top three, in no particular order:

- Meeting Dan Gilvezan/Scott McNeill at Auto Assembly 2008 and 2010 respectively. Two of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet, who have voiced some of my favourite characters in Transformers history. Truly an honour to shake hands with them, get a picture taken and have a chat.

- In the 1986 animated movie when Galvatron says to Hot Rod as they are trapped inside Unicron at the climax of the movie: "Come out Autobot, we all must die some time". When Hot Rod charges out of the shadows and slams Galvatron in the face "Not today Galvatron!!!" you can really feel the tide is turning. Until that point the Autobots had looked utterly doomed. Still gives me goosebumps thinking about it as I type.

- Sitting in the cinema as the lights went down just before the first show on the opening day of the live action version of Transformers in 2007. Say what you like about the outcome and the subsequent sequel, but you can't deny the culmination of a 23 year dream which I am sure most of us have shared.

Of course there are many more, like seeing the premiere of 'More Than Meets the Eye' on TV when I was a child after falling in love with the toys month prior; attending my first Auto Assembly in 2008; getting G1 Optimus Prime and Starscream for my 8th birthday, when Prime parachutes out of the plane and goes after Demolishor at the beginning of ROTF; seeing Beast Wars for the first time earlier this year...

...so what about Transformers makes you happy?

2. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

For me personally:

- Wathching the premier of Beast Wars back in '96.

- Hearing Cullen do the opening narration for TF1 for the first time.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Botcon 2008. At the start of the year I wasn't even into TF's again (I'd quit after Energon, still regretting it), so to find out that THE Transformers convention was happening in the city where I live was just plain awesome.

4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    The top spot on my list would have to be watching The Return of Optimus Prime for the first time as a kid. To this day those are the two episodes I remember the most vividly.

A very close second would be going to BotCon every year and hanging with some crazy cats. That and raving about Rocky IV and Mr. T with a not-so-sober Greg Lombardo.

5. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I can't say it on a PG-13 forum. :D 
    Probably receiving a package containing a figure I've wanted for a long time.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    There's a few 'feel good moments' I've had but I think the most fun I've had was buying the entire first wave of Classics at once, going home and being all schoolgirl-giddy while opening them

7. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    wining a complete figure for dirt cheap especially if it is g1

8. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Buying Recon Ironhide. Hadn't bought a figure in a while and it felt good to embrace the plastic crack.

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Any moment from Beast Wars. It's stunning to see the character growth from episode one to the final episode. The over all story build up, I was really lucky to grow up with it.

Getting BW Spittor, Snarl, and Razorclaw. Those characters are my favorite non show characters ever. I still remember getting them for my birthday. Then getting the Transmetal 2 version of Spittor was another great moment. I just wish Snarl and Razorclaw could had a TM 2 version too.

Seeing Waspinaor and BA in Transformers Animated. It was so nice to have characters I grew up with having some part of the series. Animated was already great, but that really was a nice bonus.

Seeing the legedary BW Dinobot be place into the Transformers Hall of Fame. It sent a clear message to Hasbro. The BW generation is here, it's not all G1 out there. It really have given me hope for better days ahead.

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My reaction after watching TF 1 and 2 for the first time.

Botcon 2006 and 2010

Transforming Unicron and MP Megatron.

Meeting the celebraties of Botcon 2010.

The TF Hall of fame ceremony, who is ever going to botcon next year I implore you, GO TO THE DINNER.

11. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

Finally getting to see seasons two and three of Beast Wars after missing them as a child.

Getting BW Spittor (my first real Transformer) was also one of the greatest moments for me.

12. kensou

kensou Well-Known Member

complete work of editor, hen feel so good :p 

13. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

watching the 1986 TF movie for the first time on a VHS tape.

buying armada unicron.

buying TM2 Tigerhawks toy

MP Rodimus Prime.

14. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

Buying Movie Barricade (the first Transformers I ever bought) and realized how fun transformers were to play with, then started watching G1.

15. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    -getting Thundercracker for Christmas in 1985. My first TF ever.

-watching any G1 ep for the first time

-going to TFCon for the first time last year...then again this year. It gets better every year, looking forward to all future TFCons

-buying/opening/transforming TRU reissue Soundwave (w/ Ravage + Laserbeak), my first TF as an adult. It. Was. Magic.

-the '86 movie. In theatres. /shut it down

16. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I gotta agree. I've been a fan/collector since G1 and it just brought back all those memories I had as a kid, seeing G1 toys flooding the shelves. I grabbed 'em and shot home, ripping into them like a kid again. We had homages before, but these were "G1" updated, so it really hit home.

Another moment would have to be the moment Prime transformed after landing in the '86 movie. Saw it in the theater and it's still a powerful moment. You know he's going in to try and stop the Decepticons and Megatron, but the music gives you that feeling that it's a do or die thing, he's the last line of defense......and we all know how that ended.....but he still turned the tide of battle and helped them win.

And last, I'd have to say my ultimate "feel good" moment would have to be the fact that the Transformers brand is STILL around, still on toy shelves, and still popular with not only kids, but now adults as well. It just feels damn good to see something I grew up with as a kid, still making kids (and us old school fans) smile.

17. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

1.being a fan of transformers is awesome it makes me fell like a kid again.
    2.when both live action movies started i had goosebumps especially when rotf started i almost jumped outta my seat.
    3.when optimus talks or transforms it sends chills down my spine.
    i could go on all night but those are my top three.

18. Kaje

Kaje Well-Known Member

You got the touch... you got the poweerrrrrr... YEAH!

19. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

First would be getting Wheeljack for Christmas (My first TF).
    Next would be the Cyberjets, just for the poseability and designwork.
    After the hell that was BW taking over, seeing RID Prowl brought me back to collecting.
    The first release of both Alternators and Classics.
    Seeing that Prowl was the first release for Universe, and a damn fine mold at that.
    Last but not least, seeing the Seekers and Red Alert getting released domestically.

20. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Getting the TFC Ultimate Collection for Christmas two years ago! (if only it had been released here in Aussie, then I wouldn't have to order it from America and still be able to watch it on my PS3 :( )