Whats your prefered type of transformation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jlogano20, Dec 20, 2010.

?

What is your type of trasformation??

1. Easy

10.4%
  2. Middle/Average

55.2%
  3. Hard/Challenging

34.4%
  1. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    what type do like best

easy-pretty simple does't take much time-EX turbo tracks,special ops jazz

Middle-somewhat ivovled but can still be done-ROTF brawn,classic ironhide/rachet

Very Hard one of those that take alot of time can be frustrating EX-ROTF leader prime,ROTF arcee

2. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Middle or Average. I've yet to get my ROTF Leader Prime into truck Mode. I can easily get Generations Thrust into his jet mode, no sweat.

3. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I like transformations that work. Challenging transformers still become simple after practice if they are well designed like ROTF prime. The first few times were terrible but once you learn it it is pretty simple to do. The kind i hate are ones where plastic is crashing into plastic and you cant peg something in and than said figure hits the wall at a high velocity. Well designed transformations can be very challenging to learn but once you learn them they should not longer be frustrating. That seems redundant...

Anyways i think ROTF Jetfire is a great example of the bad kind of transformation. I like this figure but his transformation is poorly designed. For one thing those panels over his head love to pop off easily and are a pain to peg in with his arms. The thrusters are hell to get back in place for vehicle mode and the legs can be a pain to get into place and pegged in with out unpegging his body.

So in closing i like transformations that do what they are supposed to and do it well.

4. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    It takes me about 2 minutes to get leader Prime from bot to truck to bot, so very hard for me is very easy!

5. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    forgot to add im in the middle

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It depends. Some complicated transformations are more fun, and some mediocre ones are just not fun.

7. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

Hard. Challenging. Complicated. I want to look at the robot and think, "Wait, that actually transforms into a vehicle?"

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    2 minutes is still very long when the average toy takes you a few seconds (I'm assuming!). :p 

I like difficult transformations with lots of steps.

9. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer middle/average transformations. The only easy one I like is the classic seeker mold. Simple, yet awesome every time.

10. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

I agree with havanowoncheese

I like all transformations that don't involve steps that may chip off paint, require some plastic flexing, or cause any other excessive plastic wear. I still worry about breaking a plastic tab when I start the transformation of alternity prime from alt mode

11. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I like the complex transformations as I get to play with toys longer. :lol 

12. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I like 'em easy. Some of my favorites are Classics Rodimus, Cybertron Downshift, Classics Hound, and Cybertron Hot Shot. I don't like fiddly crap with a ton of steps and panels that fit together so tightly that I'm afraid I'm going to break something. The couple movie toys that I have (Voyager Ironhide and Deluxe Wreckage) just piss me off.

And Alternators Grimlock? Eff. That.

13. Roger Semerad

Roger Semerad Transforming the World

I voted for complicated. A large part of why I love transformers is seeing how it transforms (and RotF leader Prime is responsable for getting me into transformers again). I have also never experienced any frustration with a transformation, so that probably helps. In the end though, I just want a good robot and alt mode. If a transformer can do that with a simple transformation, I find that just as impressive.

14. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Hard/Challenging.

I want to look at it and be all like, "COME AT ME, BRO."

Plus, there was time when I could get ROTF Prime into truck mode in just over a minute. Bring that shit on.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hard but not frustrating, mp05 is my favorite one to tf

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    "The challenge is in the change", for me. The workout of a well-done complex transformation is very fun for me. Also, I like to figure out these transformations rather than reading instructions for them. I always figure I've transformed enough figures to have the capable skills and muscle memory to tackle most any TF.

17. iTeruri

iTeruri Bulkhead is the best

Well, it depends. If it's a leader, I don't mind the complexity. If it's a deluxe and it's overly complex, I would probably not like it. Good examples are ROTF Leader prime and ROTF Deluxe Skids/Mudflap. I love the prime transformation, but I think the Skids/Mudflap transformations are too complex for their size.

So, yeah, average for me.

18. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    I like Middle/Average transformations the best because they can be difficult the first time around, but you feel a sense of achievement when you finally do them, and have fun doing them again. Easy/Simple transformers I tend to keep by my bed to fidget with whilst I'm watching DVDs; it's just something to do that I don't have to think about too much.

Difficult transformers just drive me up the wall :/ I'm not very clever and don't have nimble fingers, so I just find 'em needlessly hard. Plus Hasbro's instructions team aren't the best at explaining things in diagrams. XD

19. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I honestly prefer a satisfying transformation over simple or complex.

For me, something like RotF leader Prime is complicated yet satisfying, in that when you're done you know it, and you have a great and solid toy.
    Another satisfying toy is WfC Soundwave. When you're done, you know it's Soundwave and it's a great looking figure.

Unsatisfying are RotF Arcee (couldn't tell if it was done or not at the end), Thunderwing (it's done before the damn packing strings are cut) and leader Prime from Armada (it's barely a toy).

20. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I like difficulty right in the middle. Some figures are designed just to be stupid hard. I'm looking at you ROTF Mixmaster.