Whats your Opinion on TV Spots..

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by figsdad, Apr 13, 2018.

1. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know we all waiting for least a teaser trailer and trailers.. But do you think the Marketing will be overkill again like with the TLK tv spots.... For The Bumblebee film.? And sometimes they do throw in spoilers in the spots..

Thats why i havn't watched any spots for AVENGERS OR Extended Trailers.. And the film only 2 weeks away..

2. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    As long as they don't go too far and spoil things. The only one I recall doing that was that Starscream death scene in DOTM. As for Bumblebee, I have no idea how marketing will be handled after TLK. I'm sure Paramount is on the edge of their seat planning out every piece of marketing meticulously. More than anything, they need to have a solid first trailer to get people on board.

3. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Considering this is an extremely small scale movie compared to others...I just can't imagine them showing so much..if they do then they'll literally spoil the entire movie like ok..what's left?

• Like Like x 1
  4. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

What about Onslaught, Dreadbot, and Infernocus shown being destroyed?

• Like Like x 1
  5. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Less commercials spots will be better for the BB movie, I feel that with TLK we saw way too much before heading to theaters.

6. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Meh, they were cannon fodder and not as important as Starscream.
    You can't really blame the marketing team for that when there wasn't much to market in the first place. The action scenes in the film were literally as long as they were shown in the trailers.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think as the movies progressed they seemed content with putting more and more of the money shots into trailers and TV spots, culminating with basically every single action shot in TLK being included in a trailer or spot.

I don't recall ROTF having this problem... but DOTM and AOE definitely did. Didn't DOTM spots show Shockwave's death too? At least they hid Sentinel.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They're fine when I'm bored on the internet lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BeePrime_WFCTX_106023

BeePrime_WFCTX_106023 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol, yeah sometimes when I'm bored I just watch all of the TV spots from the previous movies. Lmao. They never get old.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not quite. We saw his torso get demolished by Prime's knuckles and that's about it. With Starscream, we saw his head getting blown off.

11. tonysandlin

tonysandlin Well-Known Member

As if we didn't know that meant he was dead lol

They've spoiled the deaths of at least 6 characters already. Cannon fodder or not, it's very stupid.

• Like Like x 2
  12. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only watch for the teaser and official trailers. TV Spots are often accidentally spoiled all the awesomeness or important plot details

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think they need to get something out pretty early on to start selling people on the idea that this isn't another Transformers The Last Knight. Sure we know it's a different, most of us have looked up the director's previous work, we've gone over every word any one working on the film has put out so far, looked at any leaked photos from the set, but we are the super fans not the average ticket buyer. So they need to start turning opinions early instead of hope that at the last minute they can sell people on it's a different movie.

Action scenes might not be the best way to push the movie. A better push might be the sort of teaser trailers and TV spots that sell a feeling or tone for the films. A bit like how the new animated Grinch trailer really didn't go into story elements just a here are a few moments to highlight that it's different than either the classic or the live action movie.

• Like Like x 2
  14. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah but I don't know what tone we could expect from Bumblebee that could surprise us. I think it would feel like the first 2007 movie where it's very alien and mysterious, or feel good 80s vibe like we already saw in guardians of the galaxy.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  15. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I'm fine with TV spots, but I've never understood why they need to put so much new footage in them. They're made for the general public, who doesn't keep track of every piece of new footage like the fans do. I would prefer TV spots just be pieced together from stuff already seen in the main trailers. As it is, they usually give away more than the trailers, and I don't really see the benefit of this.

I don't think the Bumblebee movie will have an excessive amount of TV spots though. I'm honestly expecting it to have a smaller marketing campaign than the main films. Plus, I don't think they'll be quite as much action and spectacle to market.

16. Angry Camaro

Angry Camaro Human Alliance

News Credits:
    Oh my god the tv spot for TLK spoiled the entire car chase with bee transforming.

17. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

Yeeeahhh, after TLK, I can't trust TV Spots anymore...

After watching pretty much all of them before the movie, there wasn't much left of the film to be surprised about. You could make the entire Optimus v Bee fight out of all the T.V. Spots that showed it. I'm gunna try to avoid all Bee movie tv spots this year

• Like Like x 2