Whats your opinion on generations drift?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by IronPrime92, Aug 20, 2010.

1. UKBrawn

UKBrawn Intergalactic Tin Opener

Me too! Blurr looks great and will be a better use of the the mold for me.

2. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    His hip kibble is a paint and his shoulders are jointed in an odd to use, non-standard way. He has so much going for him and I DO like him quite a bit... But at the end of the day I usually end up just being frustrated with him.

3. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Drift as a toy is fantastic. I really dont give a fuck about the character cuz I can make up my own character for him, but as a toy, probably the best out of Generations soo far. Super posable, swords all over the place and cool alt mode. Nice looking warrior Autobot.

4. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

check out the Blurr review vid that was on the main page the other day. It shows the sniper rifle fitting just as good as Drift's sword.

5. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Love the toy, great transformation. Overral look of both modes is good. Only thing I don't like is the soft plastic used on the swords. As for the character, not that big of a fan, but I don't have any hate for him.

6. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amazing toy for $10. Great artulation, 3 swords, looks great in both modes, and dirt cheap. Can't say any more than that.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I gave up on the comic books a long time ago so the only things I know about the character are what other fans have said and the bio on the back of the package. The ex-Decepticon turned Autobot has been done so many times it's just not a very big deal any more.

The figure is just great. Has that nice bit of anime flair to make him a little bit different but still fits right in with all my other Classics figures so for $10 it's hard to complain. That he comes with lots of weapons is just a nice icing on the cake since he's kind of like a GI Joe figure coming with articulation and lots of weapons.

I kind of like his car mode as well so if Hasbro is willing to do more head swaps I wouldn't mind seeing a few more repaints out of the mold.

8. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I don't mind the character or the toy, but I've decided a few months back that I'm going to stick to collecting certain characters and he's just not one of them.

The only thing I really don't like about the toy is the crap on the doors. I will be getting the Blurr version.

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I don't know about his in-comic character, but what I can say is, the toy is very nifty and nice. For 10 bucks you get a transformable, articulate figure that has 3 weapons. Everything is made with quality plastic. If you don't own one you really shouldn't say its meh based on a character from comics or what nots.

People should see the toy for what it is. Its design, its fun factor are off the scale for him as a 10$ toy, or a display piece.

10. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    I've no problem with the character.

Love the toy though. One of the best classics/universe/generations deluxes that have been released. my only gripe with him is the doors on his hip are a bit cumbersome.

But rocking all the same.

11. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Meh. It's alright.

It isn't the masterpiece that is Henkei/Universe Hound, and it doesn't integrate kibble as effectively as say Classics/Henkei Bumblebee or Hot Rodimus, but it's alright.

The toy will make for a decent Blurr. Not the best Blurr possible, but decent.

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I like the design. My only issue is with the rubbery sword and blades. If someone could cast them in plastic, it'd be that much better IMO.

13. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    It's an excellent figure. I'd love to see it in black as Deadlock.

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    When Drift was first announced as a new character being introduced into G1 continuity, I was curious, and thought his design was alright. But then wasn't impressed by his actual character. I don't think it's the worst thing ever as some people seem to, but I don't really feel his faux-Japanesyness adds anything to any story he's used in.

But this thread is more about the toy. As I said, I thought Drift's design was alright, and it translates to toyform nicely. I think the toy is a little overrated though. It looks cool in various poses, but I find it's hard to pull most of those poses off due to the shoulder kibble. When I put him in a pose where he's holding the big sword with 2 hands over his head, it typically results in his face being in his armpit.

15. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

I like him, hes probably one of the best transformers figures made in my opinion. I think that people that dislike him care to much, this character is a fun, neat character. Then again im not a rabid psycho I just enjoy things as they come.

16. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It's a great toy, but heavily overrated. In my area, since almost all the stores did a reset. He and Thrust is readily available. What I notice that WFC Optimus and Bumblebee is selling better on the pegs. I guess character recognition plays a big role in that.

17. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Best figure from Generations Wave 1.

18. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

Love the toy, don't have an issue with the character. For ten bucks, it's a great toy, certainly one of the best of the Generations deluxes, IMO. The only issue I have is the doors on his hips which can make posing a bit awkward, but it's not a big deal because the rest of the toy makes up for it.

19. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I really like it as well

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    It's one of those "everybody should own some version of this mold" in my opinion. It's got some design issues, like the way the sholder hinges are placed making the sholder kibble be finicky to pose right, but compared to other TF's currently avaliable he's among the best in my opinion. Transformation is compariable to other Classics-style figures like Sunstreaker, involved enough to be fun but not mind-bogglingly complex like Movie Bumblebee deluxes. Robot mode is dead-on to that of the comic design, articulation being sufficent enough to replicate a lot of poses (although a "kneeling" pose is, sadly, impossible), and the 5-mm handles of all his swords mean others can wield them.