Whats your opinion on generations drift?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by IronPrime92, Aug 20, 2010.

1. IronPrime92

IronPrime92 Deceptibot

i heard that theres some who like him, some who really dont like him, some who dont care for the character but still like the toy
    i dont quite know so much about the character himself, all i know is he was a decepticon and was a feared warrior on cybertron and then one day had a look back on what he did as a decepticon then changed sides to the autobots

anyway
    i really like the toy, the colour scheme, the features, gimmicks, the swords, transformation is simple yet fun
    and i was kinda hesitant when i was choosin him over ROTF mudflap

so whats your opinion on generations drift?

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Another thread...

Look, most people (not me) don't like Drift's character. They (me) love his toy, they go batshit nuts over his toy.

3. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    The character is controversial - not because of who he is, but because of how a fan fiction character with a pretty head-meet-desk list of traits was shoehorned into the continuity. I think it's funny that once he arrived, he proceded to do absolutely nothing. ;)  He's an anti-sue.

That said - his toy is one of the best deluxes I've ever seen. Maybe not the best, but up there. :) 

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Otra vez?

I like the toy. Actually I love it. The character.... Well I don't read the comics so I have no opinion. But he could be the worst tf character ever created and that wouldn't change my mind on the toy.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    don't care for the character, but the toy is a sexy piece of plastic, one of the best deluxes i have gotten in a LONG time

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
  7. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

Good, but overrated.

8. guard convoy

News Credits:
    i actually believe it is underrated, no picture does that mold justice, it is just so much fun when you get it in person

9. Kungfu Dinobot

Yeah, it's pretty good, but not as good as ROTF Prime.

10. guard convoy

News Credits:
    now that is one toy that is overrated, it is pretty good, but there's not too much you can do with it, it basically just stands around, and is a bitch to transform

drift is fun in robot mode and vehicle mode with a satifying transformation and good posability, i like him better than my ROTF leader prime

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Why are you even comparing the two?

12. Kungfu Dinobot

Well, both of them fits in the "awesome toy" category.

Oh, and too Guard Convoy: yeah, it's a bitch to transform, but that's why I like it, LOL

13. rainningstorm

rainningstorm cheapskate@Cantonment

I'm in the 'love the toy' catergory.

His articulation is great, both bi and alt mode and pretty good, and when I want to, I can make him hold all sorts of weapons from my other toys.

Like chucking guns on him to make him dreadlock.

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think Drift is a pretty awesome toy. I'm pretty excited about the upcoming Blurr as well.

I wished that Drift's sword had Cybertronian writing on the swords, but that's a pretty minor gripe. I really like the sword storage, and his poseability to hold the larger sword well.

I have to admit that the character design looks pretty Gundamish, but that doesn't bother me too much, especially provided where recent TF designs have been leaning towards in recent times.

I think the alt mode is a bit too big, though. I think the design is cool enough, but the larger vehicle mode makes it a bit harder to integrate into a Classics collection.

15. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    It's a cracking toy, and I really love how well the weapons integrate into the robot - it's not something that you see often (usually weapons have a place to peg on but not in a way that could be considered 'holstering' them as opposed to purely storing).

Looking forward to Blurr as well

16. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I wonder how that big gun of Blurr's is going to work with his alt-mode. Drift's sword just barely manages to give him enough clearance to roll around and that gun of Blurr's looks a lot thicker than Drift's sword.

17. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    He really is an amazing figure, and even though the concept is way overblown, I can accept it because I love the toy and he reminds me of Storm Shadow when he was hanging with the joes.

18. Egoraptor

Egoraptor Well-Known Member

Totally love it. When I pick him up I can't put him down, because I love both modes so much I can't stop transformin him!

19. PurdueAV2003

PurdueAV2003 Engineer

News Credits:
    I'm not too familiar with the character (although, the concept is intriguing); however, the toy is great. Probably, one of the best, if not THE best deluxe figure I own.

20. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Toy is probably great, but the character is every bit as important to me as the figure itself, so I'm holding out for the Blurr version instead.