What's your opinion of Armada?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Latias Prime, May 1, 2011.

?

Armada: Yay, okay or nay?

Poll closed May 6, 2011.
  1. LOVE IT! EVEN BETTER THEN G1!

5 vote(s)
    3.8%
  2. It's pretty good. Not perfect, but still not as bad as people say it is.

48 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Eh, it's okay.

22 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. English dub= horrible. Japanese original (Micron Legend)= Win!

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  5. Had some good points, but not enough to redeem it.

32 vote(s)
    24.2%
  6. Worst Transformers cartoon ever!

14 vote(s)
    10.6%
  7. Never saw it.

9 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Had some good points but bot enough to redeem it. The ending battle with Optimus and Megatron was cool.

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Good timing for this question because I just rewatched the UNICRON BATTLES last week.

I don't think I could sit through the whole series again because it starts off very slow.

Once it catches it stride the last 13 episodes were rather strong.

I would say it is an OK series and not as bad as most would let on. If anythign EVERYONE should, in the very least, watch the last 13 episodes.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

The thing is, I've tried. Really hard. But it's last with me at the first 2 minutes because of the dialogue, which despite having some great voice artists, is just blurted out as fast as possible to match up with the animation. Plus, a lot of what the characters say is just inane and contributes nothing whatsoever to the plot or characterisation. It's just garbage like "ha ha we must get him so he does not manage to defeat us" "ha ha, yes we must defeat him because he is strong and I am in the mood for a fight ha ha" followed by some little kid going "ahhhhhh, ohhhhhh" before playing basketball with a mini-con.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I am not defending Armada by any stretch of the imagination. I have been a fan since 84 but went hardcore fanboy with BW in 95 or 96 (I can't rememebr when it actually started).

The Unicron trilogy almost killed TFs for me. I was just abotu to jump the TF ship after 5 years of shows that did nothing for me followed by 2 movies that did even less (I disliked the movie both for its designs and how crap tacular they both are compared to movies in general[my opinion not flaming the movies]) It wasn't until TFs came back home to America that I enjoyed it again..Thank you Animated and Prime.

But I digress, Armada was weak on many fronts. The kids, I am sure most can agree that Rad and Alexis were not that bad. The Mexican kid and the fat kid were a nightmare and the friend to the fat kid wasn't bad but that is because he had the least amoutn of screen time.

The dialogue...Bad nuff said.

The character designs were pretty cool and there were a few major hits in the line. Minicons..I think most of the community can agree that minicons are cool.

All I am saying that that when I returned last week to watch the Unicron Battles I was surprised. The series is not a winner but it was no where near has unbearable as I remembered. The animation in the UB was actually pretty good and the story has a pretty good flow and pacing to it.

My vote was that Armada was ok but not as bad as peopel say.

Abotu the rest of the Trilogy...energon is a complete right off...was there even one toy there that stands out?

Cybertron had some cool designs but at the end of the day I am so thankful that America is producing TFs again.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

^ I too, am a massive Beast Wars fan. I think that's part of the problem for me - when you hear Kaye and Chalk as Megatron and Primal giving amazing performances with intelligent, emotional and character-building dialogue one minute and the next... Oh dear.

I think I've been spoiled. If I'd gone straight from G1 to RiD/Unicron Trilogy, it might not have been so bad, but as it was, I tried Armada for the very first time just after finishing Beast Wars (also for the first time) last year. As a more judgemental grown up, my opinion was far more harsh than what it may have been when Armada was originally shown.

Maybe.

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I lost interest as soon as they mentioned "minicon".

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I know, it's like they turned Transformers into bloody Pokemon. :( 

8. Metalhead

Metalhead hates things

After watching the first 26 episodes one weekend when Ill, I thought it was the best ever...

...cure for insomnia.

Maybe one day I'll try the end of the series, but not for a while

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I was too young for G1 and about the target age for Beast Wars (maybe a little old, I was born in 82). So Beast Wars is the main starting point for me. Just to give some perspective.

I've tried many times to watch Armada. Because there are people who love it I rationalize there must be something good about it. It is just unbearable to me. All the characters are completely flat and boring or just inane.

Add to that I can't NOT hear Primal and Pred Megatron with those voices. Primal is not Optimus Prime to me and it just doesn't sit well with me. As much as I love those voices I don't like them as Autobots and Decepticons.

So this is a series that I just have to let people love while I ignore.

10. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Had some good points.

11. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's . . . O-kay, but far from great. Far from good, for that matter. I've watched it all the way through twice and I don't think I'll ever make it again. The Unicron Battles portion of the show were good, but still not great and not enough to redeem the mediocrity that had led up to it. I really liked Starscream and Sideways. . . and Alexis too, but that's about it.

Armada may have started slow, but it had a strong finish. Energon started sluggish, meandered for a while, didn't really build to anything, then nosedived hard.

12. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Armada was watchable, but Energon screwed it all up, Energon was so bad I stopped watching and collecting Transformers until the movies.

13. BWDinobot: Best

BWDinobot: Best Well-Known Member

No G1 character comes close to Armada Starscream.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Armada was the first series i watch but not my favourite.

The show that made me the fan i am today is Cybertron/Glaxy Force. Energon can go and die in a hole. I pretend that Cybertron is still in it's own universe.

15. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I tried to watch Armada in it's first run but I could not get past that Carnival episode. I sat back and thought this series has to be one of worst TF series I've ever seen and at that time I had only seen two. I did finish it during a later marathon but it was difficult.

16. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

fugly cartoon. fugly toys.

17. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

It was pretty bad, but I loved Starscream and Sideways.

18. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I can't help but read that comment then look at your sig and smirk.

And it was alright. I watched it until something forced me to stop (I don't remember if it was a schedule change or what, but for some reason I could only catch some of the later episodes).

19. nightdiamond

nightdiamond Well-Known Member

It doesn't seem that bad.

But like the others I couldn't get past the first few episodes.

The voices did seem hyperactive and I think it had too many bad ass super robots. Too much eye candy.

The voices also didn't seem as interesting as the G1 series..

I think it had too much Anime in it for American fans. Things like yelling "transform!" whenever they transform.

20. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    It okay , I rank it second after Cybertron in order of best series of the Unicron Trilogy.