What's your number?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SydneyY, May 26, 2008.

1. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know there are many members who have 1000+ toys and still keep going, but I also know that lots of others who go through "I can't have any more, gotta get rid of some" phase.

I think I got there, because although I've felt the need for a while, now I really, really think I have to let some of my toys go. I'm even thinking of selling my cherished Armada Seekers (well, maybe not Starscream) because the 4 of them take up space.
    I don't think I'd actually go that far, but I thought of selling everything except for BW Neo and RiD.

I don't exactly know how many I have, but I'm guessing I passed the 500 mark. I don't display my toys, so they are all in plastic tubs or cardboard boxes. My part of the wardrobe is full and what don't fit there are stacked in the spare bedroom. I really can't go on anymore :( 

So, do you have a limit, and if you do, how many?

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Currently on 578, not even slowing down.

3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

342 , but if I add the duplicates, it get´s to 350.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    My limit is probably the 600 mark, by then I will most likely have to sell. That is of course, depending on which figs I pick up. How much they cost, their size, that will be a deciding factor. However as it stands I guess around 600 is the limit for me.

5. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Over 4,000 and still going.

Not counting all of the Artifacts like Decoys, PVC's, etc...

6. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I suppose my latest acquisition was the last straw. I got Ikado & Tako Tank MISB today, and first thing I thought was that I didn't have room for that large box. I wasn't even happy. I'm sure I'll be very glad to have got the set once I open it, though :) 

It's not just a matter of the space. I guess I can use the whole spare bedroom to store my toys, but I don't want to. Looking at the stack of cardboard boxes, I am feeling overwhelmed.

I admire anyone who has more than I do and still love them all and continue on. I can't :cry 

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    At last count I was passing 800. That was before Energon / Galaxy Force hit.
    With them, the Movie, Classics, and two Botcons, my collection has got quite a bit bigger. Safe to say I'm in the 1000 range by now. I don't have an exact count - it's on the to-do list.

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I don't include TFs, I have over 10,000 toys. These are what I collect:

1. Star Wars (new and old)
    2. G.I. Joes (new and old)
    3. Ultraman
    4. Gojira
    5. Gundams - MG, HG, MSIA, Fixation, Zeongraphy
    6. Revoltechs
    7. MOTU
    8. SOC
    9. S.I.C
    10.ML
    11. Marvel Select. . .

I don't even want to think of anymore...some like SydeyY's are in my cupboard, plastic tubs, display shelves etc...I think its time to er, stop...

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I keep a running total:
    http://studio-draven.com/collection.html
    Every time I get a new TF I add it to the list. That way it's always up to date. :) 

However, I do keep remembering/finding TFs I got before I started the count...

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    as long as i got room to display, actual numbers dont matter. i just dont believe in keeping more than you can display.

im at 300 plus ish, but i do count combiners as 1. if i go that way, im closer to 400.

11. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

honestly im down to about 25 from about 300. i just didnt need to keep the bots any more to enoy em. i keep the ones that have the most sentimental value for me. it helps me get over the fact that i dont have a certain bot if i know that i at least once had him and enjoyed it while it lasted. the space is a real issue for me too cuz i am constantly on the move. i also just discovered the joy of saving money. which sad to say, is becoming more and more controlling on my spending habbits....:( 

12. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I have a goal...and Im closing in on the first semi goal towards the finall goal. I might be done in a few years depending on income and luck

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I'm currently down to 208 from the 1000 mark that I hit last year. About this time last year I was running out of room where we were living at the time and looking through at least a 1000 Transformers made me decided to liquidate them... in many cases annihilating entire collections to the Junkion here or on eBay (went there after to many douche bags wanted to negotiate prices here... and not reasonably either... I'm talking someone wanting to buy G1's for $2 to $5 dollars...).

Anyways, I got rid of most of my BW & BM figures. Sold off all of my Machine Wars stuff. Got rid of the majority of Armada & Energon Autobots and liquidated a good deal of Cybertron. I also sold off my entire G1 collection as I decided that, short of the nostalgia, I no longer felt anything for these toys. Unfortunately, I had some rare exclusives (some Japanese) that I was forced to sell off this year while I was out of work on medical leave for three months... those guys I plan on buying back.

Actually, I have found that there is probably a good 20-25% that I regret selling and I have a list of Transformers to repurchase out of what I sold now. But I don't mind as I'm happier with the smaller scaled collection (even though I now have twice as much display room in our new place, but that will allow me to be able to have room for future lines) that I have now. And it's not so much that I want to keep my collection small, but that starting with the movie line I have been infinitely more selective about what exactly I purchase when during RID & A/E/C I was constantly buying it just because it said Transformers on it and was many times disappointed with the toy (especially during Armada & Energon...).

14. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    about 545 now, and beginning to calm down a bit.

15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm coming up on 1400 or so, and I have no intention of slowing down.

Fully intend to speed up once I'm working again, even more so once I have a semi-settled lifestyle.

16. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I'm at around 550, give or take. It's been a while since I did an actual count.

Since I'm already pushing the limits of my display space, I'm definitely being more selective these days and trying to go for quality over quantity. I'm also starting to trim the fat, getting rid of impulse-buy figures of which I'm not really too fond (mostly AEC and RiD stuff).

I'm also getting rid of duplicates. I figure better to treat one figure well and carefully than to waste money and storage space on a "backup" version of it.

17. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

5000 Transformers and still adding.......I'll probably stop when the entire Transformer franchise dies..... LOL

18. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I recently passed the 150 mark - there are about 50 more which are on the "must buy" list, and I'm probably going to stop after I acquire them.

19. skywarp

skywarp The extra Autobot

I am guesing, but my best guess is around 900. Collect if you enjoy it, but not if you do not.

20. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I haven't done a head count since after G2 and it was close to 400. I think the total is close to 1000 give or take.

My one display only holds my 84 85 collection and my classics w/ botcon 07 08.

I'll continue to complete the classics line and some club stuff like next years BC set and this years club store exclusives. I can't wait to get a G1 combiner in an awesome FP style sturdy art box w/ foam insert!

Still it's so much that instead of getting rid of old toys I'm passing on the majority of the new stuff. For example I have maybe 25 of the Movie figures and 10 of those real gears.
    And animated I will skip almost entirely, I plan on only getting the 3 dinobots and maybe Soundwave, I mean c'mon who doesn't want a Soundwave rocking a mean Laserbeak guitar!