What's your ideal TF movies?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NemesisPrime12, Dec 14, 2017.

?

What's your ideal TF movies

1. Recreating the old comics of course. That's what I've been waiting for!

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Forget all those old comics. I want to see new ideas.

22 vote(s)
    78.6%
  1. Movie Convoy

Movie Convoy Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    1. I want the movies to mix new ideas with aspects from ALL facets of the Transformers brand rather than mixing new ideas exclusively with aspects from G1... which brings me to my next set of requests.

2. Write the movies to be well written so that the plot of each and every movie is character driven with plenty of character development for each and every character.

3. Only include human characters in the movies who are ACTUALLY integral to the plot.

4. Design the Cybertronians to be hyper-realistic yet able to be turned into completely screen-accurate Generations style toys.

5. Film the movies in Live Action.

6. Continue using licensed alternate modes for everyone except Optimus Prime, Megatron, Shockwave, the combiners, and the triple changers. Have Optimus Prime transform into a heavily genericized Conventional style tractor trailer truck, Megatron transform into a Cybertronian jet, Shockwave transform into a Cybertronian tank, Soundwave an MQ-9 Reaper, Starscream, Skywarp, and ThunderCracker into F-16 Fighting Falcons, Dirge, Ramjet, and Thrust into modified F-22 Raptors, and the combiners and triple changers into Cybertronian takes on their G1 alternate modes etc.. etc. .

7. Design the Cybertronians to also look alien.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

Well, short of the REAL ideal course I'd prefer to take *koff*rebooting*koff*...

First, I've made no secret of the fact that, if I were the one continuing the TF film franchise as is, we'd be done as all hell with the Ancient Mystical World-Creating/Destroying Space Whatsits and Great Transformer Moments In Earth History. The more you've got, the less they're worth.

Secondly, I've also made it clear that I think it's well and truly time to take things onto a darker plain, in terms of setting. People are already losing their s*** in real life left and right; now, toss the revelation that the planet we've all been standing on for as long as we've existed as a species is actually the Giant Space Robot Devil - and that if he ever wakes up it's Game Over for humankind - onto the growing pile of insanity that IS humankind, and that leaves only one logical direction for any future stories to go in: apocalypse and dystopia for everybody! In fact, I would go a step further and not limit this all-consuming nihilism and desolation to Earth: I'd cut short the surviving Cybertronians' celebration of being back on their homeworld by having Earth's governments - in a last, feeble attempt at rallying humankind together before withdrawing into conflict over the leftovers of past space robot incursions - try to nuke the hell out of Cybertron from afar to keep those big metal b^$+^rds away for good. That which survives decides to give both Optimus Prime and Megatron a hearty "Eff you and the war you rode in on" by banishing them both forever from their own planet...which leaves only Earth to set down on, but fortunately for them, unlike the last time humankind turned against the Transformers, nobody on Earth would really give a crap anymore about anything other than staying alive.

Which brings me to my third point on my take on further TF movies: most of the concessions I'd make to nostalgia would have less to do with G1 and more to do with '80s sci-fi movies in general, particularly the bleaker and more dystopic actioners like the Mad Max movies, Cameron's Terminator, "Escape From New York" and the original "Robocop". Relating to the latter two in particular, my TF movies would take on a sense of humor that's drier, more satirical, and occasionally more macabre; in accordance with this shift in direction, Optimus and Megatron's characters would be adjusted accordingly - instead of reverting Optimus back to G1 Boy Scout Mode, the hardened face-taker of the past five movies has now reached a point where his brothers' utter rejection and exile of him has left him not too much unlike the humans he once protected...as in, not really caring anymore about anything other than getting through the day. Conversely, Megatron has come to accept that, disgusting little maggots though they are, the now-almost-totally-fanatical humans - whose religious and political beliefs have so intermingled with and perverted each other in the shadow of Unicron that they'd be more than happy to sacrifice each other to the glory of their horned overlord - can be pretty useful (leastwise to him, anyway) when so directed, and ends up refashioning himself as a giant alien robot holy man; the swarthy growler of the past five films thus becomes a more smugly-manipulative figure, which isn't much of a stretch when you consider what he has to work with in this case.

Fourth, this change in setting would also necessitate doing away with all those ridiculously-sleek-'n'-shiny alt-modes. Optimus might still be a red/blue rig, but it'd be a red/blue rig that only gets washed when it rains; likewise, if 'Bee's still around, that black-on-yellow muscle car would likely be about as clean, and all tricked out and jacked up with a supercharger and ramming bars sticking out of it. Megatron probably wouldn't bother changing alt-modes like they're underwear, and as for any other TFs...

There's the fifth point: the Transformium. Much as I loathe the Disney-pixie-dust aspect of it, it'd probably be a necessity in order for Megatron to build himself a new army of enforcers for the Fleshlings' Temple/Branch Megatronians/Kaon's Gate/etc. I figure he'd probably commandeer an old KSI plant, and as with Animated Starscream they'd come out having personalities based on splinters of his own as a result. Hell, just to sync to the idea that their minds are all based on parts of Megatron's, I'd probably have whoever's doing Megatron's voice at that point voice them all, too.

Which brings up a sixth point: voice recasting. I love Cullen and Welker as much as anybody, but I don't know how well the shifts in their characterization I'd have planned would suit either voice actor; plus with the new direction it'd be one less holdover from the previous films. To that end, I'd probably have Optimus have his voice altered as part of a covert-ops mission from which he never really gets around to changing it back. As for Megatron, I'd probably have him make some wry comment about the change when he and Optimus tangle again, and in the climactic battle Op would say "You like the new voice, huh, Megatron?...well, then, you can get your own!" and shank Megs right in his vocal processors. Not fatally, but enough to set up somebody else voicing him in the next movie.

Lastly, there's the humans. They'll always be a necessary evil, and for the purposes of this take on the franchise I'd stick with emphasizing humans who would actually have an important part in the plot. One type of human character I would like to see is a Bob Hauk-type representative of whatever is left in this world that passes for a body of authority, who also lost loved ones during a previous Transformer blow-up on Earth...but not for the reason you'd expect: rather, this person lost their kin in the mob hysteria that was going on down on the street while the robots were up top blasting the crap out of each other. As such, this is a person who knows right up front that, much as Optimus and 'Bee could be trusted about as far as they can be thrown, humans themselves are no damn better than the Transformers. At the very least, this and the above widespread abandonment of most concern about the TFs being back on Earth would also help finally de-emphasize the Humans-Hating-TFs cliche, to divert from the previous films even more.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  3. Galvatross

Galvatross Swamp Lord Shrek-traoridinairre! Veteran

I don't think there is such a thing as an "ideal" Transformers film. Some of my things are quite different from the average fan here though.

1. An ideal Transformers film should be realistic and consequently appeal to general audiences and not hardcore Transformers fans. Anyone thinking any studio is going to make this entirely or almost entirely robot-focused live action film to appease thousands of fans as opposed to tens of millions of normal people who want and need human characters is delusional. There is nothing wrong with wanting more focus on the robots, but such desires need to be realistic and not idealistic. There needs to be a balance between humans and robots and not just excessive focus on one or the other. Balance.

2. Characters and plots need to make sense in context. I love G1 Beachcomber, but I don't think he would be a good character for, say, Age of Extinction. The Bumblebee spin-off or something lighter toned and adventurous? Absolutely.

3. Not too many characters. I enjoy all of the films to some degree, and I think Revenge of the Fallen is underrated and has plenty of re-watch value. However, both it and The Last Knight have too many robot characters running around. The 2007 film and Age of Extinction got a good amount of robot characters.

Now I am fine with there being more in the way of creatures: Scorponok, Ravage, Reedman, Insecticons, dinosaurs, Steeljaws, Stupid Drones, Dinobots, and the Watch That Killed Hitler are all fine. In fact, creatures can help expand the universe I feel, but keep the robot characters to more Age of Extinction and 2007 levels when possible.

And this goes for humans, too. The 2007 film is good in terms of the number of robots, but it has way too many human characters thrown at the screen.

4. DON'T limit the films to just Autobots vs. Decepticons. In this way I'm quite different from many fans, including some in this thread. Transformers is quite broad I feel. Sure, the Autobots and Decepticons are undoubtedly important parts of the brand...but there's more to Transformers than the war and two main factions. Quintessons. Maximals. Predacons. Human-made Transformers like Nemesis Prime and the KSI robots. Paramilitary organizations like MECH and Cemetery Wind. Bounty hunters like Lockdown. Sharkticons. Star Seekers. The Cybertronian Empire. Junkions. I can go on.

That also includes the fictional universe. I want the universe to be bigger than Earth and Cybertron.

5. If a Transformers film is not ideal in your eyes, it is not worth getting angry about or having a meltdown over. State your criticisms or suggestions, sure, but there's no reason to get seriously angry about anything Transformers. If you like it, great. If not, state your criticisms, but don't let it make you angry. The films don't owe us anything. We are not the center of the universe. Transformers is not ruined forever.

On the other hand, the extreme anger expressed over Bay and his movies in many corners of the internet by grown men obsessed with toys and toy-inspired fiction is undoubtedly entertaining, so i'll be good either way.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

I want a reboot of everything. With new traditional (non-bay) designs.

I want a Transformers fan directing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Niv3k

Niv3k 'Fe Li Na'

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'd like to see animated solo movies of previous TF stories that we love aside from the live-action movies.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    image.jpeg
    This was my trilogy when I was a kid, and the rewatch value seemed to be x1000 of the Bay movies! :lol 

So give us live action, reworked versions of "More than meets the eye" "Vector Sigma" and "The Movie" and that's a mouthwatering reboot trilogy!

Any who disagrees is a racist homophobe, fact! Don't be that guy!

7. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Hey Galvatross! Happy new year to you!!

I think an "ideal" Transformers movie would appeal to both. I don't know exactly what it would look like, but haven't Marvel and Star Wars managed to find that balance?

You are right about balance, but there's far too much slack on the Cybertronian side. As the CG tech improves I expect to see far more quality TF screen time, I'm still gutted that TLK Killed the curve of improvement the movies had in this area. Prime was almost the central protagonist in AOE... But ... Ah well! :lol 

General audience can emote and relate to well written Transformer characters. Humans are necessary for context and maybe an A-lists real face is handy for the posters, but they are not needed to draw an audience in.

That makes sense, but all the characters personalities and abilities can't all be too well suited to the scenarios at hand, it's a little too convenient!

Yeah, small groups works best, I'd say 4 Decepticons (plus 1 or 2 minicons) and 5 Autobots is perfect.

Eventually yes, but first I want a really good Deception Vs Autobot movie, with lots of tit for tat encounters and personal rivalries between individual cons and bots given context and fleshed out!

No it's not, but I can't deny I've had a lot of fun in here doing just that! :lol 

8. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    A hard reboot so we can already get away from the Bay era and start with a clean slate with hopefully main Autobot and Decepticon characters lasting at least until the third/final movie (under a new director).

If they decided to kill some of the main characters, then make sure it should be the final movie under that director.

Streamline the budget so it would be easier to make bank. $150 million should be sufficient to make a decent Transformers live action movie. That was roughly the budget for the 2007 movie and that movie was still the best one to date. If they go over, the movie should be seriously good in every way.

No more red eyes = bad guys, blue eyes = good guys. With the main characters wouldn’t have a problem retaining their optic colors. But I’d like to see more variety in the eye colors (red, blue, radiant brown, purple, green, orange, yellow, white).

There also should be a variety of body designs so decepticons don’t end up being the group with only monster/beast-looking characters. Would like to see some humanoid Cons and beast-looking brute Autobots.

We need more and iconic female Cybertronians like TF Prime Arcee or Airachnid. We need actual Decepticon characters. Nothing wrong with cannon-fodder characters to be shot up and killed like Decepticon soldiers Vehicon clones (the way they did it for Transformers Prime Vehicons and Insecticons).

But, apart from Megatron and Optimus, we need more Decepticon and Autobot characters who actually interact with other characters, not just throw out one-liners and crack jokes.

We need actors and actresses to take the roles of Cybertronians via motion-capture, the way it was done for the Apes and Avatar.

We also need more emphasis on the Autobot, Decepticon symbols. Done effectively, Brand Symbols are a great tool for marketing like Batman’s or Superman’s or Spiderman’s.

I’d just like the story to be coherent, solid, well-paced, well-planned and well-organized with little to no room for plot holes as much as possible and tying loose ends. Although I would not mind different continuities as it could be explained via different universes/dimensions. But the underlying timeline and origins story of the aligned continuity should be retained as per the writer’s room because that’s the best origins story to date. It’s just that the 2007 live action movie’s story probably needs to be de-emphasized.

that means if the first movie is successful and knowing there would be sequels, already organize and plan to write a decent story/script good for 2 to 3 movies then relinquish the director’s chair and hand it to another one who will treat the franchise with the utmost respect, care and vision.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    So basically, a proper Transformers movie! ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    For me the ideal movie is the kind of movie you can rewatch over and over again and get something out of it, weather it'd be entertainment, stimulation or a commentary of somekind.

I'd love to see that lightning in a bottle of wonder and awe that the first movie had when you first see the Autobots again.

The story, should be more streamlined and to the point but should have more depth to it during the journey instead of everything just being set pieces for destruction and product placement.

I just want it to capture that 80's blockbuster feel in the right way.

11. Galvatross

Thanks! Have a Shrektastic 2018!

The difference between those brands and Transformers is that general public and fandom preferences overlap a lot more for Star Wars and super heroes than for Transformers. Part of it is that those brands are more ingrained in the public conscious, and the other part is that the main Star Wars and Marvel characters are either human or can be physically played by humans

I mean I can't disagree there. That's part of the reason I said smaller casts work better I think.

Keep in mind I'm not saying all of those things need to be in every movie or present from the get-go, but that film makers should not be afraid to go in those directions. However, .....

...for once I'd love to see a continuity actually start in 1986 or post-1986 territory with Quintessons and Sharkticons and Junkions and Unicron's Heralds and Rodimus and Headmasters and all sorts of bizarre, alien stuff and only later get into more "traditional" territory with the Autobot-Decepticon conflict.

That way, I get to hear new fans of the new continuity complain about how Optimus Prime and Starscream and so on "ruined" their favorite Transformers continuity. It's the cycle that never stops: new fans of newer fiction complaining about how changes to newer continuities ruin the continuity. It never stops being entertaining, ironically or not.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  12. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

It won't happen, but I dig the idea.

On the other hand, I also feel like the 1986 movie was the product of a unique time and circumstances, and a remake is unlikely to capture the "spirit". For an example, see how the Robocop remake turned out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    To be honest TLK started off with the gist of what I'd want from a Transformers movie. Lots of time spent with Cade and the Autobots just chilling around their base. Bumblebee trying to get his voice back, Hound being the cool uncle, Drift meditating, and Crosshairs being sarcastic. Everybody gets quality time to work off each other.

Then we got the Decepticons with some personality for once. And it led to a mostly exciting town battle that if expanded could've really been among the series' best. Honestly if they had dropped the Knight stuff and made the movie about the Junkyard Autobots, Cade and Izzy, and Megs rounding up and reforming the Decepticons, I would've been happy. The TRF can still be there just as human antagonists and cannon fodder.

Also I saw a recent stop motion expansion of the battle. Here, they let Berserker out only they had to keep him caged in a trailer for Onslaught, and at the town, they unleashed him like an angry puppy. Cute. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Good movies.

15. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

wow, you've made me think TLK is actually 'almost' a great movie, only if the fight scenes are great and the most of the decepticons are not killed earlier

• Like Like x 1
  16. Galvatross

Yeah, if TLK had a smaller core cast and didn't have Cybertron coming to Earth again and was more connected to its predecessors it really could have been the best Transformers film. Al;as.

I think the ideal Transformers film would be Shrekformers. Ogrebots. Deshrekticons. Lord Farquaad. Drek's Head. Duloc. Far, Far Away. For one swamp to live, the other must be drained.

The Shrekformers: The Movie. Beyond good. Beyond drek. Beyond your wildest ogre-the-top fan fiction.

17. TheIronBot

TheIronBot Well-Known Member

I want material ressonating with the G1 show. When you show a kid thathas never seen Transformers the 84 show, and Bay movies, they are flabbergasted. I've seen it on Youtube (Kid's react). Good story, comic like humour like what Marvel is doing with their universe. A fun story, and have more robot. I undertsnad having humans, but we didnt need Mikaela in general, we could've just used Sam. No romance shit, its about big robots punching each other.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Same. TLK is the closest to what I want from the movies.

Just trim down the length, add more bots and cons screen time and a script that isn't two mashed into one and we could have some kino.

19. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Bbbut... You were a kid...
    :lol 

20. Hugh Jarsol Jr

Hugh Jarsol Jr Active Member

Ebay:
    There should a fully animated Transformers anime OVA without just the intent to sell the toys but actually make a good film, was just watching the old G1 movie and the franchise could use something with that flare again

Edit: Gurran lagaan or like the old 90's mecha big o evangeleon and getter hell even beast wars neo and masterforce

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1