What's your generation?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by bushboy, Apr 21, 2007.

1. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

What generation of Transformers did you grow up with/get hooked on? Some of you older one's will probably say G1, but everyone's different. For me, Beast Wars started it all back at the tender age of 5.

2. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

[​IMG]

That picture says it, really.

G2. I was born a little late to enjoy G1 in its first run, but I made it for its second airing :D  (Minus seasons 2 and 3). Beast Wars got me re-hooked at a later age. Since then I've seen seasons two and three plus anything else I might have missed.

3. y2jversion1

y2jversion1 Rent this space today!

Ebay:
    G1 (was 5) - Now it seems quite cheezy and kiddy, but still great :) 

Beast Wars (& Beast Machines) - Favourite TF series, excellent story & character development.

Skipped RiD (uber-cheeze & anime'd out) and everything after it (again, too anime'd out)

Although I grew up on G1 and love it, I'd have to say Beast Wars was my favourite TF show.

4. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I was born in '80, and some of my earliest memories are of G1. Getting the toys for Christmas and Birthdays. Going to the comic store to buy the comics. Watching the cartoon. Going to the movie on opening day with my Dad.

My favourite generation, though, is the Beast Era. By a longshot. The IDW-verse is a very close second favourite, though.

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    G1, but I will live and die by ROBOTS IN DISGUISE and CLASSICS if it's the last thing I do.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grew up with G1. I remember watching the cartoon but, other than the movie, it really wasn't that great. Enjoyed the toys (which, in retrospect, also weren't that great), but it was really the Marvel comics that kept my attention. However, Beast Wars was the 'generation' that got me back into the series and it's the one where I enjoy the fictional universe the most; that stands to change with the live-action movie continuity coming out. I'm mostly a toy collector and don't pay much attention to the cartoons/bios/etc, so I tend to enjoy whichever toyline is currently out, as each subsequent line has been an improvement over the last.

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

G1. I was born in '78, so at six to eight years old G1 hit me pretty dead-on. The last Transformers I remember buying in the store as a child were the Micromaster bases and the Headmasters.

But in the two years since I got back into collecting them, I've come to appreciate the wide world of Transformers beyond G1. :)  So I guess that makes me G1, but not a Geewunner.

8. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I was 11 in 85 when I was hooked on G1. I didnt get back into collecting TFs again until about 3 or 4 years ago when Alternators and MP stated coming out.

9. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

G1, Beasties, and Beast Machines. RiD was just on too much of a poor mash-up of beast and G1 eras to be any good. And the Unicron trilogy wasn't adverted well so IF it was on YTV I never heard about it.

10. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was born in '91, and I got a G1 Magnus when I was two at a Toys R Us by what I call destiny, and what my parents call tragedy.

So I guess it was G1 that hooked me.

11. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I was four when G1 came out. Its still the best to me.

I was 16 when Beast Wars started. I watched the first season every morning before driving to school.

I watched RID after my back surgery in 2001 so that something to get back into Transformers.

Then ALternators and MPs have keep hooked.

12. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I'm 28 so yeah I won't deny it...I grew up with G1. It's an alright show, just got through watching "Desertion of the Dinobots".

Beast Wars IIRC came out after I graduated from High school so it's the show that got me more interested in all this Transformers stuff. Although the first toy I bought was eith RID Megatron/RID Optimus Prime

But honestly I'm more eclectic so to me it's ALL Transformers :D 

13. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Generation 2 FTW! Seriously, I may get sacked for saying this, but the cybernetic space cube is the awesomesauce.
    Energon/Universe is when I started serious collecting though, but I've been into TFs since I was 2.
    DN

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    G1.

15. Eitheta

Eitheta Well-Known Member

I was born in '86, so I got into G1 later than others.

To be honest, it was the TV show that got me into it. My family used to rent videos from the local mom & pop video store, and they had a large kids section with a lot of G1 Episodes on tapes, you know, the cool ones with the comics on the back.

As a kid I loved the show, and I still have a lot of them still copied (we copied tons of tapes - we made hundreds of bootlegs without knowing it was illegal). Of course, I got into the toys as well, so as a little tyke I got tons of Micromasters and Action Masters. I also got the occational hand-me-down TF and ones from tag sales here and there too. (I was really lucky to get G1 Prime this way.... but I stupidly sold him when G2 Prime came out)

G2 was when I really got into Transformers. I was estatic to get Transformers that actually... transformed. This continued into Beast Wars, which I really loved, and is right along there with G1 in my mind.

By Beast Machines, I lost interest, and I haven't collected any figures from BM, RiD, or the Unicron Trilogy (I have RiD Prime and Magnus, and I have Cyb Wheeljac- er... Downshift. That's it). I was excited when Armada came out, because I was glad to see Transformers as vechicles again, but I was soon disappointed by the show and stopped watching it. I've seen a few UT episodes here and there, but haven't really followed the shows or the toylines. They're on too early for me.

The movie hype was what got me back into it, pretty much. That, and Alternators. And reissues. I went Alternator crazy and I have most of the figures from that line. I also got every single Classics figure, and I got a bunch of reissues.

So yeah, I pretty much G1 \ G2 \ BW. Don't really care for much else.

16. KillBot

KillBot Well-Known Member

Damn I must be old, but I remember playing with original Star Wars toys years before getting my G1's. So the short answer is G1.

17. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    At the core I've been a G1 fan since I was 10 back in 84. I've branched out a little but the g1 storylines (toon and comic) form the basis of my TF fascination.

18. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    G1 / G2

I was only born in '86, but thanks to the G1 Classics re-releases in '91 and the fact that G1 was still airing on TV here then, I basically grew up with all the main original G1s, along with Targetmasters, Headmasters, Micromasters, Actionmasters and all the European exclusive stuff.

I guess I was about 10 or 11 when Beast Wars came out so I still enjoyed that a lot too. I remember in year ("grade") 6 I didn't join the lame-ass music club at school because I had to rush home to watch it at 3:30 on a Thursday and Friday.

19. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

7 years old in '84 sooo, plus 3, carry the 1, yeah..G1.

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    G1. I still remember getting G1 Gears, and trading him for Cliffjumper (who I still have).