What's your favourite Disney art style?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by kaijuguy19, Apr 10, 2012.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Disney for years has made loads of amazing films from generation to generation but it's also know to go into different art styles for each film to try out directions untravled in Animation. So what's your favourite art styles from Disney? Mine are

The Charles Knight like style of the Rite of Spring from Fantasia. Out of all the sigments Fantasia brought out this one stuck out the most for being so different to it's approach. The art reminds me of a painting done by Charles Knight or any other Dinosauer artist from his time. It brought a primevil,almost savage tone to the segiment that not many Disney films explored after the film which really make this unique among the shorts Disney made. :) 

The aciant almost celtic look from Sleeping Beauty I'm always been a fan of stlyied and aciant art and Sleeping Beauty is no different. It's like I'm watching a glass painting come to life.

The Scketchy style that the 60's and 70's films used. this is perhaps one of my favorite styles in Disnay and one of my influences in my own art. It's certainly an underrated style that brought a different feel to cartooning and yet has a charm all of it's own. Sure it's not super detailed like in the Golden age and Renesenscance era however the way it does the expressions on it's characters really brings out the same life at least. Kind of wish disney will explore this style more often though I like how they did it in the new Winnie the Pooh film last year. :)  I mean it did help out Animation back in it's day and brought an important technique to boot!

The dark fantasy esque feel of the Black Couldren Despite being more of a fan of the books it's based out of I do give Disney credit for dong the best they can to bring out the books more epic tone through the style they used.

The Chinese look from Mulan I've always loved Chinese art and I love how it's presented in Mulan. :)  Again it really brought out the feel of Chinese life and myth. :) 

2. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    My favorite Disney style?

Steamboat Wille. Nothing can beat that.

3. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Anything by these guys:

[​IMG]

Andreas Deja, Mark Henn and GLEN F***ING KEANE. Look 'em up, yo.

4. Argentenoboy

Argentenoboy But what was even more like a drug was the drugs

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shoudnt this be in the movie and television section

Anyways, there is only one true answer (probably becuase it's the only thing that came to mind):

Dinosaur

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Definitely had me at Sleeping Beauty, but like anything else, it'll really depend on the fiction.

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Yeah I meant to put this in the Movie and TV section actually. :eek:  So if anyone can move the thread to the Movie and TV section that'll be a great help.

7. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I like the style it had when I was a kid, but I also like the newer stuff. But the old stuff seems more like art.

8. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Not really sure what you mean. I prefer hand drawn to CG though, unless is it Pixar.

Tangled was a good movie, but The Princess and the Frog looked amazing.

9. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I wanted to like the Princess and the Frog, but I honestly thought the movie was...flat. Just didn't pack much of a punch. I think there should have been more character development maybe? I'm not very good at pinpointing accurate critiques of movies, but I think they could have done more with it. Tangled actually suprised me by how much I liked it. I think the older movies will always have the better styles though. Totally agree with you on Mulan, which is one of my favorites. I also like Sleeping Beauty and Black Cauldron the best. I think the more risky Disney movies were always some of the best. I still like Hercules, (even though I know it's not universally liked my most), and I think that style was pretty unique in its day.

10. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

I loved Mulan ;)  But, I love Cherry Blossoms :)  If I get married, it'll be cherry blossom themed from cake to bouquet...and him and what HE wants? Stuff him ;)  Weddings are for the bride, anyway........

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tom Whalen+Disney=Game Over

12. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like most of Disney's cartoons no matter what year or decade its in.

My favs are steamboat willy, sleeping beauty, and the cartoons from the 60-70s.

13. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

The art style in The Black Cauldron was amazing! I think that it just may be my favorite Disney film. I am also a huge fan of Pocahontas. It was the first of the modern films that actually made me think of it as one large piece of moving art as opposed to an animated film.

14. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Sleeping Beauty, The Black Cauldron, and The Lion King are definitely the best examples of Disney animation in my mind.

15. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Wall*E was pretty epic...