What's your favourite brand of shoes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brave Convoy, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

Yes, I do need to ask because not everyone in this world knows you love snakes. And to be honest, not everybody will care when they find out. I tried a pair of snake skin boots on once and it was the most comfortable pair I'd ever worn. Love 'em and if I ever own a pair of cowboy boots, it'll be snake skins. You have to calm your worry and rest assured that they won't be made out of your beloved pets.

By the way, have any of your shoes ever had leather on them?

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Adio or DC. Nice and grippy and they cup my ankles well.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Brokeback Mountain. They don't mean boots when they say they're going to 'get their hands on a good pair'. :p 

I've always felt cowboy boots look a bit silly in normal day wear. Unless you're off to rope a steer or line-dance something.

4. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

I guess there will always be people think that something looks silly if they wouldn't do it themselves. I find it impossible to think anybody looks silly for their choice of clothing. I'm actually inspired by people who aren't afraid and controlled by what other people think of them, and have the courage to do what makes them happy even if they get made of it or given strange looks.

Not unlike adults who still collect "silly children's toys," no? ;) 

5. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    They're not toys - they're collectables. :p 
    I've worn the same style of clothing for probably twenty years. Jeans, t-shirt and an overshirt. I doubt it looks particularly good on me but I'm comfy and I always have enough pockets for my stuff.
    It's not so much things look silly, I guess, more that they don't look right to me when I spot someone out shopping in the supermarket with their cowboy boots on. But that's my problem. Maybe I've just not seen the right person wearing cowboy boots. Perhaps it's a British thing where cowboy boots here aren't so much the norm. Maybe if I saw them more often they'd not look so out of place.

6. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

I like things that are out of place and unique though. To fear, be offended or reject something simply because it's different is to access a dangerous part of the brain that some very bad people in history accessed to do the atrocities they did. Acceptance and understanding is a choice, so is the polar opposite of that. It just comes down to training and effort.

I wear a particular item of clothing that used to be in style. Then it wasn't out of style and I heard people tell me to "get with the times." Then years later, lo and behold, it was back in style and people said "Wow, you were really ahead of the curve." Where's the face-palm smiley...

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Speaking of which, I should get around to making my BIS Matrix (the one that came with Rodimus & Cyclonus) into something I can wear around my neck. It'll go great with my new shoes, or rather, my dad's newish shoes that he doesn't wear & that I kinda ended up stealing by opportunity.

8. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I seriously doubt I'm going to raise an army and go invade Poland just because I saw someone wearing cowboy boots.

9. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I usually wear Airwalks or something similar and cheap. I have a very hard time justifying paying a lot of money for shoes. Pair I'm wearing right now were $25 at Target. I guess they're "Skate Shoes" or something like that

10. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Maybe not, but you could always inadvertently make him feel bad about about it over the internet through childish banter, which these days is apparently the equivalent of widespread violence. :lol 

Seriously though, I think it just comes down to common sense. If someone's wearing clothes that I'd rather not wear then cool. I just won't go out & buy something similar, but to actually make a big deal about it, well... that's just like high school girl shit. Mean Girls was a pretty awesome movie, though.

11. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say you would. I just said it's the same part of the brain where that kind of thought originates. The "my way is the only way that isn't silly" place.

Nicely done, keeping on topic. I click the heels of my Adidas shoes together in salute. :) 

12. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Not sure why, but I pictured you jumping in the air to click em when you posted that. Either way, I highly doubt Gingerchris meant anything by that last post. Probably just a miscommunication by way of the internet, or as I like to say, miskeymunnication. You know, couse keyboard communication, etc.

13. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

I know he didn't mean anything truly malicious or sinister by it...but I just thought I'd point out that we always have a choice as to how we react to something that's silly. Bottom line is that we either encourage it or discourage it.

14. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

Who wears Reeboks?

15. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Well, whatever floats your boat I guess. Just don't rub it in my face. :p 

16. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

Do you assume anyone who wears snakeskins are going to "rub it in your face?" Why is that even a concern of yours?

17. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I was joking. Jesus...

18. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

Climacools are amazing sneakers, one of the most comfortable pair of sneakers I've ever owned.

99% of the time I go with Adidas. The Kandia cross trainers have been a regular on my feet for some time now. Occasionally I'll rock a pair of Nikes. But I'm real picky about my sneakers. I'll search and search until I find a pair with the right styling and comfort. If I'm wearing boots it's usually a pair of Timberlands and my every day shoes are Doc Martens.

19. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    When I was in college I had several pairs of Rebook hightops in different colors.

20. Robticon

Robticon Out of the Game

I usually wear whatever is comfortable. But it boils down to Adidas, Sketchers, or my Custom Chucks when I'm out of the house.

I just have a pair of Crocs for house shoes.