Whats your Favourate Episode/Series/Plot/Transformer

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Optimus Prime Super Mode, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Optimus Prime Super Mode Autobots

Hmmm just thought it would be a nice idea what in your own opinion is the best Episode/Series/Transformer and maybe why you like them.

My Favourite episode would be at the moment Titans from the Cybertron series probably because I haven’t seen the earlier series in ages. I still have those in VHS form..I think I might grab myself the DVD's now :) . My favourite transformers would have to be Optimus Prime and Jetfire, probably because I think they look the coolest :D 

2. Windturf

Windturf Insane Ratchet Fan

I prefer G1 and then Cybertron as my favorite tf series. My favorite characters would have to be Soundwave, Sunstreaker and Sideswipe, Ratchet, and Prowl. The twins, Ratch', and Prowl have more charisma in fanfiction though.

3. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Beast Wars - Season 2 - Code of Hero nuff said :) 

4. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    BW pwns all. but my fav. episode is nemesis pts 1 & 2.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    favorite episode: dont have one, dont really watch the show
    favorite series: Alternators
    favorite plot: Marvel G2 comics
    favorite transformer: Shockwave

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I've been pondering tonight about my favorite original characters. After watching the first season, the favorites remain the same from 20 years ago.

Shockwave. The Ultimate Doom(which, incidently, would have to be my favorite episode(s) actually displayed him as a cold, powerful force to be reckoned with.

Soundwave. I don't think any explanation is needed.

Wheeljack. I always thought he was an awesome looking car and just a really likeable character.

Thundercracker. He always sounded like the bruiser of the bunch. Someone who could pound you into dust. "Grr, you don't have Prime and Brawn to bail you out this time."

Speaking of Brawn. He saw a lot of action in the first season. I'd say more than any other mini-car besides Bumblebee. A fun character to watch and listen to his banter.

Prowl. I always enjoyed his strategic straightforwardness. He sounded like someone who really could have led the Autobots had Prime fallen someday. Kind of a shame they didn't go that route. Imagine Rodimus Prime decoed in black and white.

7. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Favorite Show - Beast Wars
    Favorite Toys - Alternators and Classics (RID close third)
    Favorite Characters - G1 Prime, Beast Wars Megatron
    Favorite Toy Eveh!!! - 20th Anniversary Prime (First run, the one with chrome and battle damage)

8. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Were did you get the 20th Anniversary Prime from?

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Too many favorites, I grok Transformers!

10. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I really need to just do a permanent write-up and save it somewhere for this question. Seems to pop up pretty often, and I usually have the same answer.

G1 - The Golden Lagoon
    This is some brilliant story telling for a kids cartoon. You've got the early part of it with Beachcomber finding this beautiful place filled with nature and softness and quiet solitude. Then you've got all the build-up and the final battle. Then, at the end, the total juxtaposition of Beachcomber sitting there amidst the complete and utter ruin, looking like someone had been punching him in the gut for the better part of twenty minutes, and saying, "We won," with so much irony it practically drips off the screen.

BW - Code of Hero
    As much as I love several other episodes of Beast Wars, Code of Hero is the epitome. It wouldn't mean nearly as much if you didn't know Dinobot's backstory and his interactions with Rattrap up to that point set up the finale perfectly. But the battle leading up to the end is just perfect. The moment where the camera circles Dinobot as he tells his computer, "Override" gives this sense of panic and foreboding. And Dinobot's final moment of clarity, "Improvise" before laying the whack on the big guy. And his final speech. "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the bad deeds, along with the good. And let me be judged accordingly. The rest, is silence. . ." I also found a certain irony in the pre-human taking up Dinobot's improvised weapon and popping the snake. Dinobot saved humanity, and led them down the path of finding their own weapons.

RID - Scourge's sup-plot.
    The entirety of Scourge's sub-plot in RID was just excellent. The only thing I think they got wrong there was the color of the character. Don't get me wrong, I loved the way he looked. Though I still get frustrated that everyone thinks he was black and teal when in reality, in robot mode, he was grey and teal more than black and teal. But I think his stance of Prime being a coward should have manifested the way Scorpion manifested his disdain for Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat, with a yellow version of Prime's colors. I also loved that he was constantly plotting to take out Megatron and his Beasts. RID Scourge was one of the best characters in Transformers history.

Skybite gets honorable mention. His song STILL pops into my head from time to time.

Since then I haven't had the chance to see an entire series. Though I really need to pick up the second half of Armada. I'd like to see box sets of the other series though. It's way past time for them. Maybe, with the movie coming, they'll get back to putting out box sets of each series. I hope.

11. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well said, and also I would like to add the "tugging at the heart strings" moments. I must admit I got a little choked up at the end when the Maximals flew by in missing-man formation.

Easily my favorite Transformers episode (from any flavor: G1, BW, RID, etc) of all time.

12. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

As cornball as it sounds I don't have 1 fav episode, series or Transformer. I'm more of an eclectic fan. So I enjoy the differences as well as the sames

G1 - If you go American I choose "Dweller in the Depths" great story and great animation. If I go Japanese the entire Masterforce and Victory series

BW - Whatever, I'll jump on the waggon and say "Code of a Hero" followed by "Feral Scream"

BM - What can I say the whole series rocked. And nice symbolism too of the drones decimating Iacon. And destroying the Optimus Prime statue

Unfortunately I can't remember RID, Armada or Energon well enough to choose an episode since it only aired on TV once. Scratch that Armada's Mortal Combat rocked, that Prime vs Megs fight was was more brutal then the one in the '86 movie.

A good Cybertron episode was the one where Primus laid the smack down on Starscream

13. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Favourite storyline would be More than meets the eye 3 parter- it was IMO the best told of the Gen 1 cartoons.
    As for favourite series I like them all for different reasons.

Gen 1 - Campy 80s cartoon, what is not to love.
    Gen 2 - Campy 80s cartoon with cheesy 90s computer imaging.
    BW - Great storytelling, characterisation and action. Loved the addition of gen 1 lore.
    BM - More of the same from BW
    RID - a fun series that didn't take it self too seriously. Great animation and action, good stories with memorable characters.
    Armada - Some good story arcs. The first ep was IMO the nicest in animation- really went down hill from there.
    Energon - Trying to think of something nice to say, but honestly I really disliked the series.
    Cybertron - Good combo of animation and decent story telling.

What I hope for a new cartoon would be a prequel type thing. No more new to earth re-telling.

14. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

My faverote episode is the season 1 episode Gorilla warfare, that episode rocks. has awesome action and its brutal when primal enters the predacon base.

Beast wars is by far may faverote series mainly because it was the series which got me into the transformers universe. and i really like the agends storyline which was incredibly well written.

My faverote characters are between beast wars Megatron who was a superb villain and Optimus prime as the basic hero and all round protagonist that he is.

15. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I got it back when it was still at Walmart a few years ago.

16. demolisher

demolisher New Member

my favorite episode is transformers cybertron episode titans.it is the one where primus battles starscream

17. demolisher

demolisher New Member

i am new to this website

18. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Yeah the cybertron one you’re describing would be the Titans one which is probably my favourite or at least one of them. I just loved it when Primus uses his big ass cannons

19. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    My favorite series is and always will be G1.

My fav TF episode is Code of Hero from BW though. If I had to pick a G1 ep to call 'favorite' I'd have to go with either the Desertion of the Dinobots or Dinobot Island 2-parters.

Fav Transformer overall is Grimlock (obviously)

20. Sideswipe3000

Sideswipe3000 Member

Tough questions, it's hard for me to pick, but I'd go with-

Favorite Transformers- G1 Sideswipe (obviously): He kicks ass, looks good doing it but still isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. I also love G1 Soundwave, just because he's so damn cool. Also, I love Tarantulas from Beast Wars because I have a thing for mad scientists.

Favorite Series- Beast Wars, hands down. I wanted to hate it when I first saw it, but as I started getting into the story and realizing how it tied into G1, I fell in love.

Favorite plotline- That's a tough one, but season two of BW is my favorite season, and from that I love everything leading up to The Agenda. I nearly wet myself when they entered The Ark for the first time and saw the dormant forms of the G1 Transformers.

Favorite Episode- As much as I love Code of Hero, I think my favorite single episode is Transmutate. I liked the whole angle of Silverbolt and Rampage both seeing Transmutate as a kindred spirit, just in different ways. Amazing episode.