Whats your favorite Transformers Video Game? Why?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by voe600, Oct 6, 2011.

1. voe600

voe600 Galvatron

I have played most of the Transformers video games and I'd say Transformers Revenge of the Fallen was my favorite.... But clearly not the best. It is my favorite because it is definitely the most fun and has a really really cool special move controls which the other games do not have.. What is yours?

2. transformers863

transformers863 Assassin

i think this belongs in the video game discussion, but i'd say War for Cybertron

3. voe600

voe600 Galvatron

Oo I just played escalation... A feature that really would've been awesome in Dark Of the Moon but clearly High Moon did not have enough time to polish the game... Though I still enjoy it

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Armada still. Hate WFC. It's boring, and just rampant shooting. Very little compelling gameplay. One of the few games I regret owning.

5. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I haven't played DOTM but after hearing so many negative things about it, basically being a dumbed-down WFC, etc., I have to say that WFC is my favorite Transformers game so far. Another thing that draws me away from DOTM is the color changes when you pick up upgrades; I'm very OCD about those sort of things. I like to see the full detailed robot, not some green or red silhouette.

6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
  7. voe600

voe600 Galvatron

8. vidmouse

vidmouse Well-Known Member

I liked TFA for the DS.
    WFC is fun, but not as much as the hype would have you believe.

I was pleasantly surprised by how fun the 07 movie game was for PS2.
    Not worth full price, but definitely worth a look now as games are under
    $10.

9. Autobot_Hiphop

Autobot_Hiphop Well-Known Member

War for Cybertron by far. Fun singleplayer (could have been a bit longer) and fun multiplayer. Nuff said.

Honorable mention TF: Armada for the ps2. I still remember battling Tidal wave as if it were yesterday :) 

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Out of the ones I own I really can't choose, as none I would consider liking enough to be a "favourite" of anything. I never own the Armada PS2 game (as I never owned a PS2) but I would've loved to. TF1 is barf, ROTF's multiplayer is okay for a bit, and DOTM had ideas but dropped them in batter and deep-fried them to it's ass. WFC is pretty boring once you've beaten it and it's Multiplayer is some of the most broken, infuriating nonsense I've ever seen. The DS TFA game was fun the first play through, but has no replay value.

Every time someone says "Nuff said" God kills two kittens. One for the spelling, one for the lazy, overused-ness of it. That's not "enough said" since "fun" doesn't describe why you like it, it's simply stating that you do like it.

11. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ROTF all the way.

I do hear great stuff about the Armada game, and im still looking for it.

WFC is cool in an "unreal tournament" kinda way.

but NOTHING captures the essence of transformers like ROTF for me.

12. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    War for Cybertron for me.

13. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    war for cybertron, i still play escalation, and the story mode was pretty good, just not long enough, multiplayer, i didn't like much, but i'm not a big fan of multiplayer anyways

14. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Of course WFC. Such a great game! Before I had Armada on PS2, liked it very much, but WFC is muuuuuch better and kept me playing much longer than Armada on PS2.

15. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I loved the ROTF multiplayer the most (had the game on PC, rocked with Long Haul and Protectobot/Streetwise). WFC was a lot of fun, but was messy in multiplayer--though I did still enjoy it. The lack of support from High Moon/Activision on WFC, though, has prevented me from picking up DOTM, and by the sound of it for good reason. (though I'll leave that be as I would need to play myself for the final say)

TF: Armada was a good one, too. Glad to see it get mentioned a few times. In the end, because of the heavy amount of MP fun I had with ROTF, I have to go with that one.

16. voe600

voe600 Galvatron

I have the same feeling with ROTF.. It was just straight out fun and I loved the special vehicle special move things... Those were pretty sick... WFC wouldve been my favorite game BUT too many connection problems.. And it practically ruined my experience with my game... DOTM fixes the connection problems(somewhat) but there is a huge lack of content... The inclusion of Escalation would've made my purchase of the game more worthwhile considering I paid $50 for it.

17. Autobot_Hiphop

Autobot_Hiphop Well-Known Member

Uhh was that really necessary? a critique of my usage of "nuff said" are you serious?

Some people need to critique every little thing to feel important I guess.

18. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Armada by far. The only thing I like about RotF was the gameplay and unique characters.

19. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

The Armada game is still the best. One of the best PS2 games ever, IMO.

20. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

War For Cybertron.

I love the whole look of the characters and the environments and the single player campaign has quite a bit to it.

I don't normally go for multiplayer games as unless you're a dedicated gamer they tend to be more frustrating than fun but I have found WFC's easier to get into than something like GoW and although I'll never break any records I've slowly started to improve and have had fun which is the main thing.