What's your favorite transformation? (and my Transformers autobiography)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Verboten, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Verboten

Verboten Well-Known Member

I don't have many transformers as I had just recently started collecting these bad puppies.

You can just skip my Transformers autobiography and answer the question if you want!

I grew up with those G1 and were never impressed with the lack of articulation. I also never really owned any when I was a kid because I was underpriviledged. Just played with my friends'. Mind you, I played with transformers a LOT, even though I didn't own any.

Then after so many years I recently noticed how far in advancement they've gotten and I guess I grew a new appreciation for them. My first official transformer was Alternator Smokescreen, followed by MP Prime. I ended up selling both together on eBay for whatever reason. After a long hiatus, I happened upon Alternity Prime and just HAD to get it! All in the same month I got Alternity Megatron, Henkei Prowl (my favorite transformer when I was a kid), Henkei Sideswipe, Movie deluxe Sideswipe and Arcee (from the first movie), and MP3 Soundwave.

A lot of Peaugh's videos guided my purchases and he kept plugging this website so I owe much to him of the credit to him for my presense here.

Anyway what's your favorite transformation?? The one that you just like to transform over and over again? I figure this might give me insight into what may be my next purchase.

Mine for right now is Alternity Convoy. I freakin love everything about this (except for one thing which I addressed in another thread). It never stays as a bot or alt mode for long periods of time.

2. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    I don't like to transform my toys a lot in fear of loosening up the joints, but if I had to choose, it would have to be my Encore G1 Skywarp. I just have so much fun playing with him and the transformation is fun and simple unlike the movie crap they put out today.

3. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Of late the one I've gotten the most enjoyment out of transforming has been RotF Voyager Starscream. I like its unorthidox scheme.

4. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I don't often transform my toys once I've found the pose for them, but a few I did find quite to be quite impressive would be

RotF Starscream
    RotF Breakaway
    Masterpiece seekers
    Masterpiece Megatron
    TFA Ultra Magnus
    Alternity Convoy

I do quite appreciate the engineering in the figures, so I tend to like the ones that couple well hidden forms with more complex transformations, yet manage to keep everything (reasonably) frustration-free.

5. 50UNDW4V3

50UNDW4V3 Cini-bon

uummm yeeaaahhh....

anyway, personally i love universe inferno and classics mirage.
    mirage's is just... so perfect. and i do enjoy a good five minute fiddle with Alternators Dead End every now and then.

6. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah Alternity Convoy is fun. I also like TFing ROTF Starscream, the process reminds me of origami.
    My all time favourite is probably RiD Prowl, though since I broke one (the joint socket on the door broke, apparently common occurrence) I am scared of fiddling with him :(  Oh, and BWN Mach Kick, it feels great when everything fits in and the shell shuts tight.

7. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    i love putting the armor on my shADOW commander.

so yea, him

8. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I like inventive transformations, so ROTF Starscream is a big one. And I don't know why, but I love to TF Music Label Soundwave. It's like an addiction.

9. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I like the animated series. It is, I feel, a perfect balance of trasnformation. Not overly difficult, not too easy. With some of the movie figs, they sit in one form or another because I dread having to change them back.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    masterpiece megatron, seekers and prime (don't have grims yet)
    second my alts
    third animated
    fourth universe classics
    fifth wst
    i get bored and transform a line at a time. but mps are my absolute favorite

11. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Animal Transformers

Beast wars,Beast Machines,Dinobots,Insecticons,Predacon,Terrorcons,Trypticon,Convertors,and any other animal transformers which I've always liked as a kid and still enjoy now.

12. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i LOOOOOVE Classic Voyager Prime's transformation ~ enough variations on the traditional G1 Prime theme, clever without being tricky, and just really satisfying. CR Mach Alert is another good one (love the feet-to-seats)...

13. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

Thought someone would point out that apparent contradiction :) 

Once you know MP Megs, he's not particularly frustrating, just delicate. In terms of frustration, I was thinking more along the lines of SWTF Darth Vader / Death Star (too many panels to be perfectly aligned...), Alt Wheeljack (I love the mould, but those arms...) and RotF leader Prime (looks great, but some parts are just so fiddly it isn't as much fun as it should be).