What's your favorite thing about TF's?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by M-Prime, Dec 15, 2005.

1. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The premise of G1, seasons 1 & 2 and their associated toys was perfect. Hasbro did a great job re-inventing what many considered mediocre toylines (Diaclone/Microman).

The idea that everyday objects and vehicles could become sentient and unique lifeforms was great!

Alternators & Binaltech took a great concept and made it even better.

Beast Wars and Beast Machines had a great storyline. Without the shows, I doubt the toys would be as highly regarded.

Everything else consists of Fisher Price inspired toys and poorly written thoughtless, mindless animated crap...which I collect obsessively and store MISB. ;) 

2. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Generally speaking, toys. The cartoons often leave me cold, as I am clearly no longer their target demographic, and try as I might I just can't follow the grade school writing. As for comics, I haven't touched them in years.

Getting more specific, my memories of G1 may be the thing I treasure the most, but I confess that revisiting the past with DVD's and reissues has more often than not been a bit disappointing.

On a more tangible level, I love opening the newest figure and transforming it for the first time. Hell, I just love transforming toys. I figure that's why I'm still buying TFs, when I've given up on so many other lines. Those tend to just sit on my shelf. But I always have something to do when I pick up a TF.

3. Matt Nelson

Matt Nelson Sinner

They look neat and turn into stuff.

Pretty much all it takes for me, really. :)  The fact that they have neat characterization sometimes is just a big bonus.

Matt

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The, uh, transforming? And the fact that, unlike most other transforming robot toys, they're actually pretty affordable.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Toys, then show, then comics. Go nuts over TF video games. Going crazy waiting for the movie.

6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well.... The first thing I liked about them was the TV show. To tell the truth, before the G1 cartoon I was a Gobots guy and didn't give a second thought to the Transformer toys. Then once the cartoon hit and I saw the great personalities invented for the G1 crew, I was hooked.

These days, there hasn't really been a TF show worth a damn since Beast Wars...so now I'm all about the toys. And really (if you ignore Armada) the toyline has been so fantastic that I don't need a show anymore.

I'm just amazed at the enigneering and art that can be packed into a $12 toy. I imagine the designers have heavy constraints placed upon them having to design something that will sell for so cheap, conform to toy safety laws, and be appealing to both eastern and western markets. And yet they deliver with fun and interesting toys every time.

7. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the toys and the characters.

in the old days its was also abt the cartoon (and comics). i wish i could get into the modern cartoon. but the toys still kickass anyways.

8. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

Personally, it was the old Marvel (UK)comics that got me hooked. I was eight or nine when I strated collecting them, and I've been a fan ever since. I think thats when I first picked up a pencil & really started drawing properly (haven't put it down since!) At one stage when I was about fourteen I had over 300 of them, but we moved & my mother did'nt know the value of all that paper taking up space :cry .

Oh yeah, and the fact they are the coolest toys ever is pretty good too... :thumb 

9. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Never saw what hit 'em!

To me it's most of the toys, the cartoons and the DW comics

10. blackconvoy_D01

blackconvoy_D01 Destronger

Ebay:
    I love how Car Robots brought back vehicle TF back into mainstream. I loved the quality of the BW storyline. And I love Japanese TF's.

I MISS DREAMWAVE!!!

11. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

I love the whole idea of toys that transforms! It adds so much depth and fun to the figures! of course, the whole Transformers universe is very deep and the characters from G1 to today, have always remained interesting.

I simply love the "uniqueness" (is that a word?) of transformers and the huge fan base that keep transformers one of the "un-sung heroes" in popular culture.

12. transformerbot

transformerbot Well-Known Member

how do i get a icon

can some one help me get a icon or tell me how to do it and sorry if this is not like it says but i need some help

13. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love the toys comics and cartoons. There just big robots that transform its aswsome. Love the fact they have been around for 25 yrs and hopefully be around for another 25yrs. Loved the movies also

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The characters, of course.

I mean, what would be of Transformers if they were just random robots without personality that fight for no good reason?

Wait, I think I just described the Live-action movie...

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Toughie... a two-way tie between the robots turning into the most awesome vehicles and the mythology.

16. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I love the fact that they can transform, Such a great idea that changed a nation. lol....

17. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I love it all. I love the concept - the fact that a killer robot from another world could be that garbage truck across the street or a helicopter overhead or that nondescript tape player on your desk. I also love all the different characters and their interaction. So original. And the toys, of course.

"The best place to hide something is in plain sight." - Shakespeare

18. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

TOYS! Robots in disguise as vehicles is just an interesting concept. And althought, the G1 toon gave the toys character, the toys is what I still spend money on.

19. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

At the top left hand corner of the page it says User CP. Click that. You can choose an icon through there. I thought I would NEVER figure that out.

20. Sideways

Sideways Banned

Pretty much what everyone else stated.
    and the fact that Transformers can kick ass in robot mode and alt.mode, well depends what their alt mode is to begin with.