whats your favorite scene(s) from the 1986 movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by seeker311, May 4, 2008.

1. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

The Sharkticon demolition derby has to be my favorite scene. It's friggin awesome as soon as "Hunger" kicks in. That's my favorite song on the soundtrack.

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

WORD!

Still, the scene where Decepticons bust in on autobot shuttle was SWEET!!

4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    The utter slaughter of the Autobots on their shuttle (I think the Decepticons finally figured out the safeties on their guns were set to ON) and Megatron's truest, most evil and disturbing act of villany ever "Such heroic nonsense" BOOM, right into Ironhide's face.

Also the scene known as 'The Jump'. Optimus Prime's greatest ten minutes on screen in his G1 incarnation ever. And a wonderfully choerographed fight between him and Megatron (+1 to knowledge if you can name the Judo throw Prime uses on Megatron)

Here's what I want to know, however. Why at some point didn't Sideswipe, Sunstreaker and maybe Grimlock abduct Hot Rod, take him to a dark part of Autobot City and unapologetically beat the shit out of him?

5. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    Prime getting rowdy on every Decepticon he lays his eyes on. They should have gave him a license plate that read "LAW". Because that's what he laid down.

Also, I'm a fan of the last scene where Rodimus Prime is running down that tunnel, the light form the explosions following him, and he transforms for the first time. Ignoring the fact that flame decals on an RV are quite silly, it was a kickass scene.

6. BuildKing

BuildKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely the scene in wich a dying Megatron is reformated by the almighty Unicron. Dialogues in that classic TF moment are priceless and give the spotlight on both awesome characters.

Unicron: "I'll give you a new body and new troops to command!"
    Megatron: ."..and?"
    Unicron: "And nothing! You belong to me now."
    Megatron:"I belong to nobody!!"

Priceless.:tongue: 

7. bhaalistik

bhaalistik Shockwave's Love-child

DITTO! :rock 

Actually the whole Quint trial scene leading up to the derby is one of my favs in the movie.
    LOVE the line "SPARE ME THIS MOCKERY OF JUSTICE!!" :cool: 

8. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Yeah that part was awesome. It really defines Megatron's character.

9. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

Starscream getting incinerated by Galvatron. Hands down.

Starscream: "Who disrupts my coronation?"
    Galvatron: "Coronation Starscream? This is bad comedy."
    Strascream: "Megatron is that you?"
    Galvatron: "Here's a hint"
    GALVATRON incinerates Starscream
    Galvatron: "Will anyone else attempt to fill in his shoes?"
    Frenzy: "What did he say his name was?"
    Galvatron: "Galvatron"
    All Decepticons: "LONG LIVE GALVATRON ... GALVATRON ... YAH!!!!"

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  10. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Leonard Nimoy's Galvatron was my favorite part of the movie. But I can't really pinpoint it down to certain scenes or else I'll detail every frame of every shot of every scene on how good all of it is. I just love the movie as a whole, it's my favorite movie that's ever been made.

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

My favorite scenes:

1) The whole scene with Blaster in the tower, firing at the Decepticons, then having to call Optimus Prime for reinforcements, Megatron's ordering Soundwave to stop the transmission, Soundwave's "Operation Interference," Rumble's "First we crack the shell then we crack the nuts inside!", and the whole fighting that ensues with the tapes.

2) When Starscream nominates himself as new leader, the Constructicons say they should rule, followed by Soundwave saying that he's superior, then he summons the tapes who back him up, and then the whole entire fight inside Astrotrain.

3) Blurr's trying to get the Dinobots into the shuttle.

4) Hot Rod and Kup's "Demolition Derby" of a fight with the Sharkticons, followed by the Dinobots arrival. I keep mimicking Slag's "Excuse me!"

5) Hot Rod's becoming Rodimus Prime, with "The Touch" playing in the background, and his sending Galvatron flying straight right through Unicron and his falling in space.

12. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Like I said, could've been Astrotrain's thrusters. Starscream drops him, then Astrotrain flies past Megatron and the force from his thrusters pushes Megatron.

Also like I said, Astrotrain could be conspirating with Starscream so he made that weight bullshit up so he can be promoted to 2nd in command.

13. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Good point. It was intended in Season 3 for Astrotrain to be a traitor to Galvatron, so him being in cahoots with Starscream is a theory that certainly makes sense. It turned out they swapped that role to Octane later on though. Which by the way, whom did help Starscream out in "Starscreams Ghost" so I think Julliant is right on the money with that idea. Originally Octane's role was intended for Astrotrain.

14. dragooner

dragooner Optimus' BFF

I gotta say - this cracks me up every time I watch it:lol  "Starscream inferior; Soundwave superior".....Great stuff!!!!:D 

15. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I'm pretty sure he was talking to the Constructicons when he says that. ;) 

16. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Perhaps it would be nice if someone (a GOOD writer, not necessarily a fanfic hack) could go back and do a full novelization of the movie, fleshing out some of the weaker parts.

Has anyone done this? (That's worth reading, I mean?)

17. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really a scene, but every line out of Springer's mouth is pure awesome gold.

18. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

"WHEN I SEE WHAT I WANT I'M GONNA TAKE IT! IF IT'S AGAINST THE LAW YOU CAN BET I'LL BREAK IT!"

19. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Can't remember if it was Blitzwing or Astrotrain who was intended for Octane's role, but yea it's either one of them.

Back to the topic, favourite scene was Optimus Prime and his crew to the rescue, and that little score clip while the Dinobots were gliding (or falling, whatever) down to face Devastator.

20. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To superscede my earlier post my favorite scene is when Unicron is transforming and his hands come out and flex is my favorite. I just watched the movie again and when that scene came up it hit me that that is my fave. I'm not sure why but it is.