whats your favorite scene(s) from the 1986 movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by seeker311, May 4, 2008.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    for me it was seeing Ironhide and the bots die because it brought the reality that they and decepticons were not invincible.

Also when Blaster is happily fending of the cons in the tower and then takes out his tapes to repel soundwave's

And last, the dinobots taking on Devastator even though the rivalry still didnt get settled.

2. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

"Rumble Frenzy , Ravage Ratbat , eject! Operation Interferance!"

I just love the fight between the Cassettes.....too bad Blaster and soundwave never faced off in the movie.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Starscream finaly getting blasted and killed.

4. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    The autobots getting killed in the shuttle.

5. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I really liked one shot in particular :
    The death of Starscream. That was animated in a very cool way.

6. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

The Optimus and Megatron fight. Easily one of the most classic moments of TF history.

7. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

When Prime started to mow down some Cons and then blasted the rest to hell. Also when the dinobots knocked the door down and one of them said excuse me to the squid like creature.

8. razorchrist

razorchrist Sniper

- The scene on Cybertron where Laserbeak returns from spying and it's Megatron, Shockwave, Soundwave & Starscream all standing there. I think that's the only time we've ever seen Megatron and his top lieutenants standing in the same room together.

- The Decepticons boarding the Autobot shuttle. It was the first time (imo) that we really saw the Cons as outright evil-as-f*ck villains ready to kill anyone in their way. The way Megatron screamed "Die Autobots!" before laying them to waste was easily the most vicious we've ever seen him.

- Hot Rod's reaction to discovering the hijacked shuttle and the subsequent fire fight that took place once he blew it away.

- Blitzwing's triple transform about to take out Hot Rod, and Kup's reactionary gymnastic rescue. The angles that was drawn from were just brilliant.

- Springer's comment of "I've got better things to do tonight than die" really helped add a sense of 'realism' to the situation. Also really loved the "ohhh shit" disbelief in Kup's voice when watching Devastator take shape.

- Prime's iconic pose standing in front of the shuttle after he arrives to Earth and then saying "The Decepticons must be stopped, no matter the cost". It was said in such a way that he was expecting to probably die... but it needed to be done. The follow-up slow-mo transform with an aerial shot of him going into battle solo really captured the essence of Prime as a hero. And of course, him mowing down all the Cons in his way with the sole goal of getting to Megatron only emphasized this, not to mention reminded us of what a kick ass warrior he is.

- The final Prime vs. Megaton battle: it speaks for itself. And the exhaustive, conclusive way Megatron said "It's over, Prime"... I've always loved how he almost sounded merciful *and* respectful to an age old battle well fought.

- Starscream kicking Megatron's body, and Soundwave's almost subdued yet always loyal response to Megatron after he asks for help. Rumble carrying his fusion canon was also just pure gold.

- Unicron's transformation. I remember being the theater and almost falling out of my seat when that happened. For whatever reason I never saw it coming.

9. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime vs Megatron, Dinobots vs Devestator, Kup vs Blizwing and when the Decepticons are fighting inside Astrotrain(especially when Rumble says "Uncrazimatic")

10. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Prime vs. Megatron

Reformatting of the Decepticons

Hot Rod/Rodimus vs. Galvatron

11. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

The first 22 minutes are awesome. Once Starscream gets vaporized, you might as well shut it off, it's all downhill from there.

12. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

Agree with Chaos ...

The battle at autobot city from start to finish was great, the rest... not so great but still good..

13. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    starscream shooting his own foot to free himself....

Prime transforming and the touch starts playing made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

prime vs megatron one of the best battle scenes of all time.

Hot rod changing into rodimus prime and hearing the voice of optimus prime saying arise rodimus prime. awsome!!!

The whole movie is great to me, i watch it everyonce in awhile just for kicks.

14. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Probably the shuttle death scene for the "Holy shit, they're not fucking around" factor...even if I might not have put it quite like that at age 9.

Prime vs. Megs fight.

Unicron transformation sequence. You knew it was coming b/c of the preview and Unicron has since been run into the ground, but..damned if it wasn't impressive that first time on the big screen.

15. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're all going to think this is stupid but...

The Quintesson ship landing on planet Junkion. My absolute favorite piece of music in the movie is playing during that 7 second scene. It's serene, tranquil, and trance like.

And it's not on the soundtrack CD. :wtf: 

16. STL

STL Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a no brainer for me.

Prime entering the fray and the ensuing battle w/ Megatron.

It's like my favourite movie moment ever.

17. Optimus62

Optimus62 War For Cybertron!!!!!

I couldn't agree with you more!!!!

18. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    Quite a few, but rather difficult to point out the absolute best:

- Unicron's transformation for pure WTF factor. Sorry Primus but the second time around just ain't as niche.

- Hot Rod's underwater fight and saving Kup. Sure everybody hates him with a passion at that point in the movie but me still like his character's portrayal. Oh and buzzsaw arm for absolute win!

- Dinobots kicking Unicron's.... rear plate. Though horribly out of scale but it gave the impression of Uni's sheer size over other TFs and it's awesome just because of that.

- Attack on Lithones, seriously I remember popping in the VHS and was like... did I get the correct toon? All the chaos that ensued was totally new to this fragile lil' mind (back then).

There's more but can't really think in the office now...

19. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    That and "Ow my foot!"

20. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]