Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NemesisPrime12, Feb 10, 2018.
SHUT UP, GRAMMA!!!
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
I'm not sure why exactly but that line has always stuck with me. Every time I think of optimus or the movies, that's the first line that pops into my head.
"You pick the wrong planet, now give me your face!!!"
A classic Optimus Prime quote from a cult classic movie, ROTF.
I love the way Weaving delivers "THEN JOIN THEM IN EXTINCTION!" in the first movie.
Also chuckle when Sam calls Bee Satan's Comaro.
But my all time favourite line from the movies is "Fate rearely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." So profound. So inspiring. Such a Prime line. I've even tried to use that line in real life once or twice.
"Every galaxy I've traveled, all of you species are the same. You all think you're the center of the universe. You have no idea."
Why is that the best quote in the franchise in my opinion?
1. It's said by the best villain in the franchise.
2. It shows how Lockdown, while an ally of humans, doesn't think much of their egocentric worldviews, and this goes for all of the species he encounters.
3. Furthermore, the universe is a much bigger place than its inhabitants realize. It's not just humans and Cybertronians.
4. I love how Lockdown reveals his motivations in bits and pieces and not all at once. This shows that he doesn't want to reveal all of his motivations to his human allies. It's literally beyond their feeble human minds. They don't need to know.
5. Lockdown was talking about YOU. Yes, YOU. It was a jab at the whining fandom that was well deserved. So many Transformers fans want to be catered to that they think they're the center of the universe, but their ego makes them clueless as to what normal people actually want. They have become clueless as to what the brand they love actually is. They think if only this "great" film that catered to their rose-tinted 1980s or 2007 (or another year of your choosing) nostalgia was made that everything would be near perfect. They have no idea.
As stupid as it is there's one quote I always find myself saying when I'm in a rush or late for something.
It's from DOTM by Sideswipe.
"We gotta go Que."
It's super obscure but I quote it very frequently.
"It'sgonnatakealittleof the international l a n g u a g e."
Hey, this is gonna sound really nerdy of me, but...do you guys ever catch yourself trying to mimic the real voices when quoting any of the Transformer lines? I don't usually brag on myself, but...I feel like I can do a pretty-good Optimus, Ironhide, and Hugo Weaving Megatron. (In actuality, I probably sound nothing like them...) (lol)
Another line I always enjoyed was during the forest battle scene in ROTF, when Megatron justifies the killing of "only" one human for the sake of the survival of Cybertron, to which Prime replies, "You'll never stop at one!!" There was no convincing Prime that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one, to paraphrase another great Paramount property... (Unless he was sacrificing himself, that is...)
And I have to say, I can't help myself, but...I quite enjoyed the pi$$ed-off, disillusioned Prime we saw in AOE. That's a side we rarely saw in the G1 cartoon, and it humanized him way beyond the typical benevolent and merciful leader figure we usually see him as. It was an interesting side to see, and I liked that they explored that facet of his personality. It makes it all the more rewarding when Cade Yeager shows Prime that humans aren't perfect, but still worth saving and being given the benefit of the doubt. Which brings me to another quote I love: "Honor to the end."
Separate names with a comma.