What's your family life like?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, May 30, 2012.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

If there's one thing that sitting up in your room is good for, it's taking a good look at the cards God dealt you. And while I'm not always going to admit it, I was given full house and probably shouldn't complain. Though, I couldn't help but wonder what kind of lives TFW2005 members live, especially regarding their families. We have a number of characters on this board, and was wondering if anybody else would like to share.

I'm not gonna lie, mine is kind of one of those cozy family lives that you see on TV. My parents are divorced, but I don't mind it because my step dad and step mom are two incredible, unique people. My family is middle class, and on a weekly basis I alternate between a dull small town and Springfield IL, which is actually quite similar.

The only complaint I have is the relationship (Not like that) I have with my 12 year old sister. It's startling how much we fight, even as far as siblings go. I'm pissed off beyond words at her at least once a day and it stresses out my parents. She doesn't give two shits, but guilt of the stress I undoubtedly cause my parents drives me nuts at times. I understand I'm probably coming across as biased and not giving enough information about our quarrels, but this isn't just about MY damn problems. :lol 

So, what's your family life like?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Why are you letting a 12 year old get to you like that? She's 12, she doesn't know how to act as a mature person.

3. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I could write a whole book about the hell-hole I call my "family life". If I ever work up the ambition to write a summary, I will.

4. AutobotSkids

Well, I'm 15 and not much better. :lol  We don't see eye to eye and probably never will. I love her, don't get me wrong, but she knows how to push my buttons.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    That's family, but since you're the older brother, you need to make the effort to be the bigger person and lead by example.

6. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dad's an arrogant dick who thinks he knows everything.

Mom doesn't contribute much but she's a better parent than my dad in a lot of ways.

Older brother is the only logical person in the family other than me. Though he's blinded by his arrogance a lot like my dad and often makes the wrong decision.

And then there's me. I'm awesome.

7. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a normal family hence me being well adjusted.

Thank god i didnt become a screw up like some o u guys.

Frickin weirdos.

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    It's threads like this one that almost make me wish I lived in a giant piece of fruit.

9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I would like to suggest that the reason most people don't know how to act like a mature person at 12 is that they've never been expected to act like a mature person. A lot of what's wrong with kids is a result of being treated like kids. Just an observation.

10. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I tell my mom everything, and my dad buys me stuff. My bunny is a bratty fuzzball. It all works out.
    [​IMG]

11. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I hate my family. Most of the people in my life in general just plain suck...

12. AutobotSkids

This isn't just a thread to bitch and moan, I hope you realize that. It's just one where you can share what goes on at your home or did. If you had a rough life, share. If you had an absolutely perfect life, no complaints whatsoever, by all means share. If you want.

It was just kind of to learn each other's backgrounds a bit.

13. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    My family life is suck

14. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    My father, brother, and I are all socially awkward pricks and it irritates my mother.

Communication problems, communication problems everywhere.

I'm fairly reclusive, so I don't talk as much as I should to them...

15. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

Shit's crazy right now. My sister's got Mono, our extended family could not possibly care less about our various financial problems, and the house is going into forclosure, so we'll have to move out and be putting a ton of stuff into storage by the end of the summer.

Top that, bitches.

But seriously, as far as dynamics go, we're pretty good. My sister is usually tolerable (you know, when doesn't have Mono), I get along quite well with my mother, and we have an adorable kitty cat that I love to hug and squeeze and call her George.

16. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got no family, but back when I did, it was fucked up bullshit. It all worked out, though, I'm a reclusive shut-in who collects toys.

17. Starscream600

Starscream600 Certified Virtual Pilot

This.

18. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

my growing up was bat-shit crazy..i could go into details but most of it revolves around me mother(whos dead now) and dont care to talk about it..

i will say this..im not ashamed about how i grew up..it was crazy as all hell but made me the strongest (mentally and physically) person i know..

19. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Oh totally. I just didn't have anything interesting to say, so I went with my immediate reaction, as per my usual nature. :D 

20. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Reminiscing about family life, I've come to realize ours was a really happy one, it wasn't always smooth sailing of course, but what I remember most were the great times we spent with each other.

There are only two of us in the house now, my mom and I. My sister moved out when she got married. My dad died in 2006 due to lung cancer, and we haven't actually recovered from that.