Customs: what's your expensive custom related purchase

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by underwear-ninja, Feb 19, 2009.

1. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

As everyone is aware of, hobbies are expensive. I'm a li'l curious as to hear about the most expensive single purchase fellow Radicons have made for any specific custom project.

I've been really fortunate to not have to spend too much on any given project, but for my recent project, I'm considering spending around $50 for a model car... only to totally tear it apart. Oh the conscious is heavy and the wallet light if I make that purchase. :cry 

2. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think my biggest purchase for a custom was my first Galvatron at $150. Technically I didn't pay for it as I included it in the cost of the custom.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Considering that this Arcee is my first custom, I've paid up the butt so far. Figure alone (WalMart Movie Fracture) was $15 or something. Blurr and Bluestreak $10 each. Dremel & 150 piece bit set put me back $50. Liquid cement, paints, and a couple brushes purchased just this past weekend set me back $30. So yeah. This toy so far has cost me about $115.

And just in gathering parts for Devastator, I've spent about $150. And I still need to get Cybertron Primus and talk to Sculpt-Bot about a Supr. 'Screamer head.

Best part has to be that I have absolutely no intention on selling any of my customs, so it's not like I can cut a profit off an Ebay auction or anything. This is just out of the wallet never to be seen again money.

4. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

Any one of the combiners go for just under $200 each in parts alone. Usually aroud $160. Superion was only $100 due to seekers being cheap and abundant.

5. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

80 bucks for my royal nemisis g1 prime 50 clams for the custom sticker pac and 30.00 for the figure. the paint was not cheap either but that is insignificant. it did have some real oldschool 24k gold leaf on it though not sure of the cost on that i know its not cheap. god i wish i had taken better pictures of that project :banghead: 

recently i bought a brand new unicron from toys r us not sure what that will be used for yet though

6. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I proably spent nearly 60 bucks to build my Classics Thrust, but it was worth it, plus is gave me all sorts of extra parts.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    $40 for a BT blue Prowl perhaps?

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, the most I have spent for customs so far is just paints, so probably no more than $25-$30 for a custom, but I'm contemplating the idea of buyin 1 of alsa's killer chrome kits and that costs $115 w/ S&H. So that'll be the most ill of spent for a custom to date.

9. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    $30 for a set of 1/24 scaled 33" wheels and tires

10. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $30-Dremel and various collet sizes.
    $45-Energon Megatron for my Classics Galvatron.
    $triple digit unknows for various paints and sealers.

I have four of the six bots needed for a Devastator. But as far as doing it I'm really hesitant just due to error and having to dish out the money to replace any parts or bot that I mess up. All I'm missing is the Long Haul and the Scapper, a extra Unicron, and a extra Primus. These alone would take a few months for me to accumulate the money for.