What's your earliest memory of Transformers in your life?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by megatronkicksas, Feb 26, 2009.

1. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me it's when my big bro came home from high school and got a DVD from blockbuster (it's in the plaza next to the school) and as a tradition my brother would force comic and other forms of nerd propaganda into my brain (earliest I remember was a new hope and anything X-men) So he takes it out of the bag and it see Transformers movie written across the top and I'm like "Transformers has a movie?" (this was about 2003 the year of armada) So he put it in and I watched. I was like 6 and very distinctly remember crying (yes I cried and I admit it) when prime died cause I knew who he was thanks to Armada. From that point on I was transformed (get it?) and loved Transformers, it also brought in my love of decepticons.

2. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    I was 5 and my parents bought me Soundwave. He was SO COOL! I had just started watching the show and was HOOKED instantly. I NEVER missed a episode. Though I think my parents didn't realize he was a bad guy at the time. That Christmas I got EVERY Autobot available. God bless Kmart. But not a SINGLE Decepticon! My parents said they were too expensive which may be true. I always liked the Decepticons more. They looked so much cooler! Who didn't want an F-15 Eagle that transformed into a kick ass robot?! Transformers are the best toy line/ cartoon/show of all-time. I say this as a guy who's about to turn 30, posting on a TF website, while watching TFA . I wouldn't have it any other way.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I think the earliest known memory of the Transformers entering my life was either playing with the original G1 figures that my brother had, or watching what few episodes of G1 we had on VHS, along with a taped copy of the 86 movie.

So you guys can think my big brother for getting me clinically obsessed with Transformers.

4. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Join the club.

5. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

I had a very vague memory of watching RID,it was of sky-byte.

6. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Always thought it was before 1984. Somehow I remember watching it with my youngest sibs. BUT, my memory has to be off. I joined the Air Force in 1984 (at 27). Maybe I saw it when I was home on leave...yeah, that's the ticket!

7. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

I remembered the Beast Machines theme, for some reason the clips stuck in my head until I got into Armada on Toonami.

8. Bruticus_42

Bruticus_42 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I remember watching TF on channel 11 PIX in the Philly area, always showing the part in the promos where Megatron was locked arm and arm with OP and him saying, "The universe is mine!" I had all the minibots, SS, Sludge, Ironhide, Ratchet, Blitzwing, Prowl, and Shrapnel all around me as I watched the cartoons. Going to stores and looking at all the G1 toys on the shelves, going to Lanco and trying to get some of the fake Diaclones they sold, eventually getting the red Sunstreaker, white and Red Rumble, gray and blue Laserbeak, and a brown Ravage.