What's your design for a game?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So if you could make your own game, what would it be like? Who would the main character be? What Genre, what music style?

Obviously if you have intention of really making your game, you might not want to post it here and risk someone stealing it, but for those who have always just dreamed of a great game idea....

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

Street of Rage HD!

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Streets of Rage with 50 selectable characters and the ability to start with a weenie character and physically build him like GTA4, so he can be fast and slender, or beefy and tough, all in real time.

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I always wanted to make a Virtual On meets Final Fantasy style RPG with less emphasis on saving people and more about destroying them. You play as the evil dudes and triumph :) 

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always wanted to make the ultimate Space Bounty Hunter game, and not in the least focused only on Action. I wanted a large part of it to be mingling and meeting people and getting jobs as much as the action. New universe (not Star Wars in other words), and your ship was passed down to you by your dad. You had to go to parties and mingle with the folks who might need your services. You could smuggle, hunt, or just be a body guard. Freelancer was kinda like that, but it was too linear. I want GTA in space basically.

I pitched it to MS a few years back and they really liked the idea, especially after Freelancer, but then MS closed Digital Anvil down.

6. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

I would do a strategy game where you could jump into the action FPS style to help change the outcome of battle. The game would also continue even if you lost a battle, showing the changing "frontlines". Areas wouldn't be magically rebuilt after a battle, the buildings would all have the same damage unless the faction invested points into rebuilding the infrastructure. Perhaps having a leveling system similar to Fallout 3, when you "possess" the same soldier over and over he is a better fighter and the what not. Of course when he gets smoked all the effort put into him will be gone.
    I imagine the Terrain and weather being similar to that of France, spring time. Or maybe even have the system look online for variable weather so that you can fight in snow, rain, and scorching heat...

Chuck

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That actually sounds pretty kick-ass. I'd play it.

8. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i'm working on a game right now. it's horizontal scrolling shooter. it's hard, but not unfair. there's a nice balance between pattern recognization to keep yourself safe, but bonuses that make risks worth it, as well as more random enemies who are annoying but never unfair. lots of powerups, and of course when you die you lose them all. one hit kills you, but bosses can take 100 hits or more before they die. they also tend to take up half the screen, but they move around a lot so you can't just keep firing in one spot. it's the type of thing that would make a 9-year old snap their controller in half over their knee. oh yeah.

9. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Star Wars Galaxies, or something like that, but you could play it either as an RTS or take control of any battlefield units from Star Destroyers to basic infantry - so basically Cavshock's idea in space :lol