Customs: What's your customs plans for '09?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by autobotx23, Jan 4, 2009.

1. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Happy 2009, fellow Radicons!!! I was running through my short list of bashes I want to accomplish this year. A few Primes (of course :crazy: ) and more Decepticon bashes. I look at my stuff (over 50 figs now) and maybe 5 Decepticons total!

So, starting with Shockwave 2.0, I am gonna be trying my hand at a Megatron, Starscream, another Soundwave variation and a Motormaster with a G1 influenced transformation.

I'm curious as to what everyone else has planned for 2009? You can keep your top secret stuff hush-hush, but what else ya got in mind?

Attached Files:

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Only 5 'Cons?....!!

:gen069: 

J/K....:lol 

If things go as planned, I got something brewing that I think you guys would have never seen coming....well, from me at least. :p 

3. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

I really want to make me a Classics WheelJack. I've got everthing except a base Universe Sunstreaker. Has anyone seen him anymore? Cause I haven't.:confused: 

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'm probably going to venture into more Gobots and obscure Transformers during the next couple of months.

5. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Well, this Saturday (payday) I'm going to start a trailer for Animated Soundwave that converts into a Dj booth. I'm gonna use the ravage that came with classics Hound as turntables (you'll see), the movie cell phone lazerbeak thingy as, well, an argon lazer, and I'm trying to figure out some way to make Frenzy & Rumble into speakers without making them too boxy.

I'm also gonna try this idea for turning Animated Grimlock into a skeleton.....kinda. I don't know why I know why I keep coming up with ideas for these Animated figures. My first custom was an Animated, and I'd love to do spme classics but I haven't thought of anything yet that hasn't already been done a hundred times over. Not that I think thats nesisarily a bad thing, I just want to try something different.

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Well, let's just start with combiners that will be done this next few months:

(Commissioned)
    Devastators (x5)
    Predaking
    Abominus
    Superion
    Voltron

(Non-Commissioned)
    Dinoking
    Computron

7. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To many on the list, not enough days left in the year.:thumb 

I hope that I can make more Transformers that last year that's for sure.

8. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, I'd like to get some more BW:Ani done.
    2 more Megs, Finish DC, from there who knows.
    I'd really like to get to Nemesis Rampage so the
    Nemesis Predacons with be completed.
    Finish the Classics seekrs.
    & a few other "little" projects are on my bench.

9. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'd really like to finish the 3 guys i started in 08 (actually, i think all three were started in 07 but i worked on them more last year) before i move on to any other projects.

but that already failed because i'm well into shattered-verse cyclonus and nightstick. for whatever reason, the cyclonus is going fairly quickly considering it takes me months (or years) to finish just one custom, usually.

i have a few others i'd like to finally get started on. shattered-verse magnus, some of soundwave's tapes, classics sunstorm just to name a few are all customs i've had lying around waiting to get started

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Lynda Carter 1/6 Wonder Woman (awaiting clothing)
    Misato Katsuragi From Evangelleon 1/6
    Awaiting new body
    Marty McFly 1/6
    Need to get the head, and am slowly compiling the clothes
    Various others in planning stages

11. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Aside from wrapping up my '08 WIPs, I'd like to concentrate on some fan characters. I am determined to make Legends class versions of many of you and your custom fan characters, as well as a couple biggies! I want to make a Supreme Class Big H.A.N.K. as well as a big fan-fic combiner! I have shown what I can do with the Legends, and I would like to flex my kitbashing muscles on some larger scale projects! :thumbs2: 

2009: The Year Of The RADICON!

12. zgraham

zgraham Well-Known Member

I would like to do a Bluestreak without the battle damage. I also have a few more ideas for that mold. I want to start 2 seekers I have come up with. I also have a few ideas for the Ironhide mold. Mostly repaints to start with and then a more difficult projects later on.

13. Sideways

Sideways Banned

-Finish my fan character TFs. Just got to look for the other figures.6 in all.
    -Try my hand at a combiner.
    -A Freddy Krueger-like TF.

14. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Voltron will definitely be cool, but I'm also looking forward to your Predaking, Superion, Computron, and Dinoking.

As for my customs for 2009:

Galvatron (revisited my previous work and added new mods and details to it)

Combaticons/Bruticus (WIP at the moment)

Universe Shockwave (Energon Shockblast with arm mods/ideas--thanks to F_R on this)

Classics Optimus Prime (repaint/minor mods--I've had him 90% complete for the better part of 2008, just never finished him)

Classics Megatron (repaint/heavy mods to chest/wings--same here, probably about 80% complete, just need to finish him up--mostly hitting the wings with my dremel and hollowing out a section to fit the new chest I gave him)

Superion (I have the tools and figures, just deciding on how I want it to look)

Skywarp & Thundercracker (repaints)

Classics Kup (heavy modded Universe Sunstreaker--that's the plan anyway)

Devastator (for my own collection--I've had the bots necessary for this for years, but ever since Ptitvite dropped his, I've wanted to do one for my collection--and I recently picked up one of his custom/casted Dev heads).

Universe Cyclonus (repaint--can't stand that color they gave him)

Universe Scourge (in the planning process, but not sure if I'll move forward with it)

Universe Jazz (WIP--I plan to FINISH this custom that I started back in mid-July sometime in the near future--had some family stuff/travelling issues so it's been stored away since my last WIP pics).

Universe Trailbreaker (Marvel Crossovers Wolverine--not sure if I'll do this or not, but I did enjoy the ones that were done with this mold)

Alpha Trion (Cybertron Vector Prime repaint with head mods--this is planned, but it's been planned for a good year or so, just haven't felt the urge to work on it yet).

Beyond that, I'm not sure. I doubt I'll get all into the movie custom hype like a lot of people did before--but who knows? Some of them look cool, just need to see if they're usable for any customs I have planned or shelved for now. I'm sure there are more ideas that will pop up in the coming year, so I guess we'll have to just wait and see what I actually complete and drop on here.

15. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh, i'll actually finish my first custom of the year but it's a gi joe. i really like the stallone movie demolition man, so i made a john spartan from a tiger force flint with the vest from a cobra viper. i just have to do a little touch-up around the knees and he's done

i'm also going to just do a quickie with an extra sunstreaker and sideswipe i have. headswap with some added red for the obvious custom. and then i'm using the sideswipe head on the streaker body (cause i effed up with the body to start) for classics armada wheeljack

16. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Finally gonna get on my Devastator (although not like the F_R Ptitvite version) and I'm gonna try to make my 1/24 Hot Rod with the Dome Zero model kit I grabbed over the summer. And maybe a few superhero repaints here and there too.

TOO MUCH BASHING, NOT ENOUGH TIME.

17. Conundrum

Conundrum Dabbler of the arts

Ebay:
    It would probably be best if I finish what I already have started before I begin thinking up new projects.

What I really want to finish is the Leader Class Sized Cosmos thats been a w.i.p. for about a month, and the poor, poor, behemoth of a Razorclaw that lies in chunks all over my work area.

Not to mention the Ecto-1, General Lee, Scorponok, Headstrong, Impactor, or Mach 5 v2.0

18. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

To finish: (MP scale)
    Blitzwing
    Prowl/Bluestreak
    Stunticons/Menasor
    Sunstreaker
    Constructicons/Devastator

To start: (Mp scale again)
    Windcharger
    Galvatron
    Rodimus