whats your core/definitive toy in your psyche/collection

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by microclone, Feb 12, 2010.

1. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok, a bit of a grandiose thread title but there it is.

Which single toy (if there is one and TF or otherwise) forms the centre of your toy psyche? It could be your favourite childhood piece, a piece you always wanted but never got as a kid, a current piece you feel is the greatest toy out there, maybe the toy your grandma gave you!

Mine is easily the micronauts giant acroyear.

Giant Acroyear

as a kid I felt it was a rather strange looking robot, there was simply nothing else like it in the shops, unknown to me at the time is that the toy is a takara design from the japanese microman line which in part led to transformers. The toy came as a jet, a sort of cannon tank and two little robots that reconfigured into the gaint acroyear. the rather demonic mechanical skeletal like design was intriguing and even now is quite an odd looking beast. If i ever par down my toy collection to a single piece i have an utterly mint unused boxed set to keep! I have a nostalgic connection to this toy plus i feel its utterly unique even today.

edit: I was always amused that despite the prefix of 'giant' the toy is actually quite small, hes big compared to the regular 4" acroyears and microman figures.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd love a Giant Acroyear. Such a beautiful toy.
    Mine would be the GI Joe Defiant:
    [​IMG]
    I always wanted one, but I never actually owned one until last year.

3. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Brave Revival Great Goldran. The bling just gets me. And its a pretty cool piece even without the bling.

[​IMG]

4. updatedude

updatedude Well-Known Member

Transformers Classics Voyager Optimus Prime.

In form and function, this guy's tops. He's durable, he looks great, he has both the "it" factor and the "feel", he's articulated and he was reasonably priced. Excelling in every category with only a few drawbacks that are overshadowed by his positive points, Classics Prime is the definitive toy and collector's item in my ever burgeoning collection.

5. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow, that defiant really suits its name! that thing looks huge.

loose giant acroyears are 10 a penny on ebay!

6. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    2010 DX Dino Megazord
    With MP Great EX Kaiser a close 2nd.

7. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    GI Joe Sigma 6 Lt. Stone. I had looked for him for two years, and then I found the entire wave randomly at TRU. One of the greatest action figures ever made.

8. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    mine has been and always will be predaking. it was the transformers universe comic with all the bios that started me collecting and predaking was always my top in there. and lets face it the comic of them whipping megs ass didnt hurt them any. but yes when i finally got my g1 predaking i was ecstatic. and to this day i still love him. now when the chinese do thier reissue of the metal body ones im probably gonna pick one up at botcon.

9. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    For me it was always GodMars. I never had GodMars as a kid, so when a boy in my school brought his to class, I was so excited to see it and want to play with it, of course I had to transform it, and in the process I crack the head which is made out of clear plastic. Needless to say I had to pay for the damaged toy, and didn't even get to keep it. So years later when I found out that Bandai is making a GodMars via their Soul of Chogokin line, I vow to own that toy no matter the cost :D