What's your beef with Powerizer Optimus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LCDR Blindside, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I actually like him more than FE Prime.

Why:
    Top of truck becomes shoulder armor
    No cheating chest
    Fun transformation
    Sword (I Prefer hand-held swords)
    Head sculpt looks nice.

No, I'm not on anything.

2. carissa

carissa Well-Known Member

Hmm. Can someone post some side-by-sides of the FE and the RID? I looked at the photos of them on the tfwiki and it looks like they have the same amount of backpack kibble. However, it could just be that those photos don't show it at the correct angle.

3. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Carissa, the FE has literally as much back kibble as ROTF Leader Optimus; that is to say, pretty much none. Powerizer Prime folds up some square parts onto his back that are more pronounced.

And guys, don't overreact to her post. Please.

4. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

RID has more kibble on the back than FE,sure. But not that much. If those cape panels folded in half they would be equal. TCracker's cape mod demonstrates this well.

Not saying FE isn't better. It is! I'm not trying to justify my purchase of either version. I paid $25.00 for RID Optimus and more than triple that for the FE. I have no axe to grind personally. Just interested in fairness. And the point of the thread is that this toy is not the stinking steaming pile of monkey crap that people are making it out to be. IMO of course.

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    the biggest issue I have with him is that, upon transformation, he's facing backwards. he cant run and jump and transform into truck mode going forwards.

6. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    That always bugged me with ROTF Brawn. He transforms with his guns in his hands and he's...backward.

7. daddytron

Now that is an interesting point. Never thought of it before. Doesn't bother me but I can see how that could be an annoyance.

8. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

After hearing all the FE love, I had low expectations for Powerizer Prime, but I LOVE this toy. Fun, cool transformation, and his proportions match the show model almost exactly. Sure, his chest windows aren't angled right and whoever brainstormed his weapon should be fired, but I'm glad I got him.

9. daddytron

I felt the same way. Knew what I was getting when I picked him up in February. Bit it had been nearly half a year since I had seen something in a store I was interested in. DOTM had been out for a while, and, outside of a couple figures here and there, Bayverse doesn't appeal that much to me. So I was just thrilled to have Tramsformers in stores again that I cared about buying. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked Optimus, even knowing all the flaws ahead of time.

10. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    And this causes the truck windows to be inaccurate.

11. mototechdude

mototechdude Mototechdude

Besides that I really don't see much wrong with the toy.
    Maybe that is because I couldn't get the fe lol, but I customized the "Powerizer" weapon to look a lot better in my opinion so I am pretty happy with it.

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    1) The cape doesn't really get in the way
    2) The chest is more accurate to the show than the FE ones is.
    3) His weapon is poor but they all are except Megatron's.
    4) He only has four 5mm Ports The Micron Arms one has 10 (plus the trailer hitch) but none of them seem obtrusive to me on either one - unlike on Bumblebee where they look like he's got limpets on him.
    5) The alt mode is fine - I think it's a better looking truck than the FE version is.
    6) Yes he's small but they all are so if he's only being displayed with other Prime toys that's not a huge issue and if he really is to small for you then buy the Weaponizer version.
    7) You might regret passing on Knockout - by all means buy him in a sale - but ''trust me do buy him. besides if you ever plan on buying Breakdown how can you not have Knockout too ?

If I wanted to diss on the first edition I could say the hinges look silly, the legs are the wrong length (unlike the RID one), his chest is to wide, he does not hold his rifle correctly, his smokestacks stick up to far, both his forearms and shoulders are to big. and he's got red ankles not to mention a painted silver chest looks better than an unpainted grey one does.

If you have both then be happy with both if you only have one then be happy with that one, this isn't console wars you don't have to go all PS3VsXBOX over an Optimus Prime toy.

13. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see anything wrong with the toy other than a craptastic weapon that becomes light years better when you make it so it stays locked in the extended position.

14. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    Got a pic of the customized weapon?

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That isn't true. Unpainted, it's obvious. Painted, he doesn't have two random boxes under his chest windows. The PRiD also doesn't have the light portion elongated like the FE. And the windows are angled wrong on the PRiD compared to the show.

His forearms are smaller than the PRiD. Don't know what you mean by "does not hold his rifle correctly." He holds it just fine to me, and at least he has a good weapon. If you're going to bring up silver paint on the windows, I could bring up the other multiple huge paint/color problems the PRiD has.

16. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This!

17. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Alot of collectors want show accuracy. FE Optimus is almost a dead-on perfect version in bot mode.

The Powerizer doesn't look a whole lot like the on-screen version of Optimus.

18. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have them both....I love both...but for the price...FE Loses. You can buy all of the main line voyagers that have been released so far for the price of the FE