What's your beef with Powerizer Optimus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LCDR Blindside, Jul 8, 2012.

1. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

Truth beyond truth. This is exactly how I think of some people's more strongly worded comparisons between figures, especially with RID vs. FE figures.

As for Prime both are very good. FE is, to me, hands down lights out better, at least in bot mode. I like the truck mode better on the mainline Prime. I also am more inclined to pick up the RID version and fiddle with it. And I paid an exorbitant amount for FE Prime.

Of all the complaints against RID Prime, the one flaw that I find absolutely inexcusable on Hasbro's part is the lack of red paint around the chest. He just doesn't look like Prime without it. I'm not a customizer. Took a sharpie to one but was not completely satisfied with the results as the figure feels tacky and the ink comes off when handling it. Ended up buying a second one to handle. We shouldn't have to be pros at painting to have a Prime that looks ok.

2. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

This. And the grey torso plastic and blue arms don't help.

He is a good figure. But definitely not better than the FE.

3. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Don't like the clear blue forearms, especially not the elbows that may crack and break eventually because of said forearms; the torso looks utterly dull; the backpack is distracting no matter how accurate it might be; and the weapon sucks. (not the sword. That one actually looks decent) And generally, it doesn't feel like Optimus Prime to me. Now, if Hasbro were to release it as Nemesis Prime, (either the show colors or the more 'classic' colors) I might actually consider it.

First Edition Optimus Prime isn't perfect by any means either, (the shoulders are off center and the Deluxe beats the Voyager in accurate paint app details for both modes, especially robot mode) but he feels more impressive to me.

4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    The weapons,pointless clear plastics and color scheme hurts it. The correct version is the Japan tru sheild prime. But it also more kid friendly and as a collector the fe version is the best for collectors.

5. NemesisBrime

NemesisBrime Well-Known Member

honestly guys im pretty sure the FE OP will show up again...well here in canada or asia. i mean we still ahve lots of FE deluxes just rolling in. seems endless if you ask me

6. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    This, except it isn't complete crap IMO unmodded.

7. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't really see how that's shallow, but whatever. I thought it was a decent enough analogy. I'm basically showing the parallel between an average figure that isn't appreciated due to the possibility of a superior figure to an attraction to an average girl deteriorating due to interest in a more attractive girl.

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Really, you can't even consider how that could be seen as shallow? Ask your girlfriend perhaps.

Now on the actual topic at hand, there's a lot of hyperbole in this board. Once more people started getting their hands on the toy, the overall opinion changed. I still like the FE version more, but there's nothing bad at all with the RiD voyager. The same goes to an even more "hated" RiD mold, Bulkhead.

9. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    I like them both, RID and the FE. The only thing that RID has against it is the mech tech weapon that comes with it. Substitute it with a better and servicable looking weapon and I reckon he comes out nicely.

10. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    I think they are comparing the Leader class Optimus figure, thou.

11. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

I more or less agree that he is much better than made out to be. The comparison is less close for those of us that cannot pull off the customizing you do.i saw what you did with your RID Prime and if I could do that, I would consider them nearly on par with each other.

12. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks, but you are giving me way way way too much credit for my customizing skills. :p  But many thanks.

What I strongly believe is that, if the right paint apps or plastic color mapping is executed on RID Prime, he would not look so bland as many make him out to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, while I can tolerate the clear arms, I also understand that many are not thrilled about it since it is practically pointless feature. But nothing a red sharpie can't fix.

13. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    huge cape, ugly chest, transparent arms, junk weapon, mech tech ports, bad alt mode, smaller. "average" or "good enough" figures don't enter my collection anymore, best representation of said character for newer figure, or none at all in the case of airachnid and knockout

14. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, I sure don't. Hey, how about you explain it to me since it went right over my wife's head but you seem to see how it could be perceived as shallow.

15. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

As other people have said, the forearms, chest, and alt mode are greatly inferior. I hate the weapon too, but this seems to be a staple of Prime voyagers. If other people wanna buy the crap off my shelves then they're more than welcome.

16. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    3 main things for me. Here they are, listed by worst problem to least worst problem.

1. No red on chest.
    2. Clear blue forearms.
    3. Cape/backpack.

17. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I'm saying this neutrally, but that backpack is actually more accurate transformation and position wise than the kibble on FE Prime. It's just bulky that way.

18. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Love this toy, don't care about not having FE version.

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's an okay mold and it is fun to play with from the looks of it. And I do like how it doesn't try to cheat as much with the windows. However I still think that the FE is by far the best representation of the TFP Optimus.

However I will be getting the Takara Nemesis Prime version of the RID mold.

20. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    there was a period of about a month were you couldn't go to a tru without sifting through a pile of FE primes.

for some reason, i don't think we've seen past wave 1 of the PRiD toys here so i've def seen more FE voyagers then PRiD voyagers.

:shrug:

also…FE Pime is one of my all time favourite toys in terms of how it transforms and displays. really cool.