What's your 2nd "main" toyline you guys collect?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LigerPrime, Sep 9, 2006.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was going through some of my collection today and made quite a few interesting discoveries on my toy spending habits. It seems that the line that I have been spending on seems to be Gundams, followed by Super heros (ML and DC Direct). So I'm kind of curious with fellow fans here...what is your other main line line besides TF? And why? Here's my list:

1. Gundam. The mecha have always been my faves - great designs and really cool weapons like beam sabers etc.

2. Superheros. ML and DC toys - well, I may be from Asia but I virtually grew up with reading the comics from Superman, Bats, X-men, Hulk, Silver Surfer.

2. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Transformers actually took a backseat to what I've currently been collecting: Ultraman vinyl figures, primarily the kaiju. In the span of little over a year, I've amassed over 40 different kaiju from Gaia, Nexus, Max and Mebius. It really helps that they're so affordable, but going after some of the rarer figures can be painful on the wallet, since hardly anyone imports them.

Been purchasing them even less than Ultraman toys, but I still go after the occassional Godzilla figure. There was an extended lull until I found a comic book store that happens to import several Godzilla figures, but at crazy prices - $25 for a six-inch figure?! Wouldn't have gotten one, except it was a Mechagodzilla 1975, which is kinda rare.

3. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I'm ashamed to admit it but.

Transformers is my 2nd "main" toyline.

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Blah, there's no shame in it - Transformers is clearly a great franchise but not the be-all and end-all, and it comes down to personal preference anyway.

In my case though, if money wasn't a problem, I'd probably be doing more of a juggling act between TFs and Ultraman.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    TF used to take a back seat to SW, i collect some minimates and movie/cartoon orientated stuff, but nothing major. whatever i think is cool.

eventually vintage starcom and MASK i guess.

6. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Bah. Ashamed schmashamed. I'd say TFs edge out GIJoe for second, while SW is far and away first. Then there's about 15 others in a logjam behind 'em. But the Big Three were, are and will always be just that.

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow! I think you're the first board member I know who collects Ultraman! I clicked on the link you posted and its in Japanese (my cpu can't read the language). Are you an Asia too?

I only collect the 6-inch figures from the Ultraman show in the 60s...my fave in my Ultra collection is Medicom Type C Ultraman.

Like many of you guys, I realised that TFs are fast becoming my secondary line too...I also realise (horror, horror) that I'm losing my interest in TFs. I've only been collecting main line characters that are homages to G1 or really cool ones like Primus.

And some of the products that companies like Bandai and Yamato are putting out are awesome. E.g. Gundam Master Grade kits, Gundam Fix, Macross 1/48 mecha.

8. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I guess Gundam would be my 2nd, but really it just G Gundam. Once I get all of those, I'll probably just get the occasional figure that I think looks cool.

When G Gundam was in full swing, Transformers definately took a back seat. That was mainly due to how hard it was to find G Gundam figures most of the time. I wanted to be sure I could get something whenever I had the chance. I actually have just about everything due to me finding a bunch of loose figures for $2 a piece. Got the other four members of the shuffle aliance, Rising Gundam, and Gundam Scimitar all at once.

Another line I'd like to get seriously involved in when I got the money, is Microman. I have a couple of them and they rock!

9. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say Votoms, though I only have a few.

10. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    None - I've been tempted by the Yamato Valks and Amdriver, but I could never be a completionist for TFs if I had to split time and money with another toyline. Although, I have adopted Brave and Webdiver into TFs, so I suppose those might count.

I once had a complete set of every SW fig, on card, from 1977-1998, but lost interest after Episode 1 and sold it all off. Bought an incredible wedding band with that money, and also financed most of my Japanese G1 collection.

11. Cyclone_X

Cyclone_X Cybertronian Warlord

only 2nd? :p 

next to TFs there are Gundams, Microman, Evangelion, Saint Seiya, and miscelaneous items

12. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

At the moment, Transformers have taken a back seat to Marvel Legends, but I'm sure when Classics are finally released, that will probably change.

13. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Transformers would probably be my second line as well. Primarily I collect assorted diecast anime robots, with SOC probably making up the largest single line. I prefer modern, collector-orientated bots though, I'm not interested in the old vintage stuff.

14. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

for a long time TMNT was the 2nd, but now it looks like its dcdirect.

15. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TFs are a little slow right now so I'm dabbling in other things a bit more. Just started trying out Revoltech and Stikfas. The big other lines though are SW (titaniums and clone figures mostly, though that's in a lull now too) and Battle Beasts.

16. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm...I suppose it's a toss up between ML and Star Wars Potato heads, as I have 2 of each. Too many past TFs to catch up on to worry about non-transforming (and thus, not fun for me) toys.

-Tony!

17. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    When I was younger I used to collect Star Wars I have a crapload of Star Wars stuff, that was when I was in 1997/98 then in 98/99 I discovered Beast Wars and started collecting TFs and SW and now my Star Wars collection is in bins and not even paid any attention to, while my TFs are growing and not stopping!

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    My second toyline is Zoids. I have 80 or so of them, including a fair few exclusives. I've been collecting them since they hit UK shores (a little before Transformers).
    I also collect sealed UK Action Force figures and vehicles (the original, pre-GI Joe ones from the 80s); I used to have a complete set of them, but pretty much the entire set went missing at some point, so I'm slowly rebuilding it.

19. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

DC Direct or D&D/Star Wars Minatures

20. miraisoup

miraisoup Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy Play Arts figures, misc anime figures, and DBZ.