whats with the uprgade bashing?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Burn_Out, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Burn_Out

Burn_Out Active Member

The dozen or so episodes I watched of the show all frowned upon ugrades. Like bumble bee and his boosters, prowl and his samurai shit, and sari and her super ninja crap. Every time someone got an uprgade ratchet was being a hater and was like upgrades are dangerous. Is it a theme of the show to take your self as is or what?

2. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

i dont know i never really got that part of the show if you have the option to be more battle ready in a battle zone i say take it

3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Bumblebee got his booters only used 3 episodes,Optimus got he's in Aftergame 2-parter, & Prowl got his only in 1 season 2 episode and the rest of season 3.

4. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

I consider it a plothole of sorts, in part because they completely abandoned it in Season 3. "Five Servos of Doom" tried to explain it like "Prowl wasn't ready for it yet", which in my opinion is complete BS.

My theory is that the show initially wanted to go with a type of "upgrades bad" route. Problem with that however is that Hasbro takes an "upgrades good; more toys to sell" attitude and started designing toys like Samurai Prowl and Wingblade Prime. Naturally, the cartoon had to scramble to accommodate. That's my opinion anyway.

5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Plain and simple, Ratchet's been around enough to know that a 'bot has to be mature enough to properly handle new power or he's a danger to himself and everyone else. You don't teach a kid to use a .22 then hand him a machine gun and expect that he's not going to go overboard with it.

He didn't consider Bee, Sari, or Prowl mature enough to handle them - something which proved to be true initially. But each of them grew up enough to handle it and Ratchet accepted it. Ratchet even took it upon himself to upgrade Bee's stingers even tho it could have caused him to be court martialed for an unauthorized upgrade.

--Moony

6. Unfall

Unfall Shattered Glass

I agree.

7. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

People like you prevent me from having to say anything. :thumbs2: 

8. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Why didn't this thread end at this post?

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    plus each one was either dangerous and untested or belonged to a Decepticon...

10. vincheng2k5

vincheng2k5 Ratchet made me premed

I do think Transformers Animated, being a sort of "modern G1," tried to instill good values in its target audience of young kids. I often felt Animated had an underlying message of "accept yourself as you are." This, I think, was probably tied into Optimus's series arc of becoming a hero but kind of went out the window with those Wingblade upgrades.

11. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Eh, they never do...

--Moony