What's with the gap? 25th Anniversary Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Nov 12, 2008.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

First off, I have not logged into this account in about a year, time flies! I saw I had unread messages as old as November 2007, so my apologies, I was not intentionally ignoring anyone! Now to the question at hand. What's with the gap next time Prime's grill on the 25th Anniversary? I just received mine from HasbroToyShop today and was about to complain, because it appeared to be broken, but then I went over to the Sieberton Galleries and saw their model has the same defect. Anyone else have this? Check out the right hand side of the grill in these pics. (our right, Prime's left) Mine looks just like this.

Optimus Prime (25th Anniversary) - Classics Universe Toy Gallery - Photo #50

Optimus Prime (25th Anniversary) - Classics Universe Toy Gallery - Photo #165

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    That's how the grill clips onto the top there. It's a little bigger than on either of my reissues, but not by a lot. I have the first Takara reissue and the Commemorative Series Hasbro reissue, btw. It's probably due to mold degradation. The toy's only been reissued 4 or 5 times in the past 6 or so years, after all.

3. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

hmm that's interesting. I have never opened any of my other Prime reissues so I never noticed. I guess this one sticks out badly because of the angle it's in the box, and probably the mold degradation, like you said.

4. lookinglasself

lookinglasself 1.21 Jigowatts

That sucks about the defect. As much as I'd like to get this to keep MISB, I'm glad I have my Encore Prime.

Long smoke stacks FTW.

5. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    me too :D  will probably end up getting this one some time, but only in a while, probably when on clearance.. its kinda disappointing, imo