Whats with the damn bashing???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MasterDeath, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

My goodness! I am so furious! I shouldn't be mad about others opinions I know.

Today I went to see ROTF with some mates and oh my.... I have seen MANY movies. Many being in the cinema. I have never enjoyed a day out at the movies as much as I did today.

THe movie is all kinds of awsome. Great action scenes, good acting and the plot was good for the type of movie it is. I was excited all the way through, and the battles were awsome. Loved the dialoge too, something lacking in the first one.

Jetfire was a nice touch aswell! the twins were great, some nice lines and whatnot.

I come home, hop on the net (I stopped by at TRU on the way home to get sideswipe...) only to go to tf sites and find my fave move being bashed to hell! WTF is wrong with people seriously? (worst was on 4chan, but errrr retardedness is expected from people that actually post there....)

And I hear critics are bashing it...but that is expected. They only rate artsy trash like titanic anyways. But tf fans? wtf is wrong with people ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh and I likes my sideswipe figure... doesn't go together that seemlessly but still.....

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    People have a right to voice their displeasure with something.

3. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

4. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

True, but the way people are doing it is so dogmatic.

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    You just can't make people happy anymore. They always want something bigger and better. Get used to it.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Bottom line: Most of the fandom can never be pleased.......ever.

7. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Bottom line: If you have an opinion, people will see fit to attack you for it, and you only don't like the film because you're an unpleaseable fan.

8. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This board has been pretty crazy lately...
    Many people are voicing their opinions over a movie we care dearly about. Most of us have invested countless hours of expectation and hope into this film. It is far from a perfect film, and the fans have every right to voice their opinions. If they don't, then the problems with the franchise won't get fixed and we will have another Batman & Robin on our hands...
    I understand getting very frustrated at reading your peers' negative comments about a movie you probably adore. But that's life. Not everyone likes the same things.
    I personally find it refreshing to know I am not alone in being frustrated with the final product. I was hoping for a better film. I am not alone; that's comforting. You are not alone, either. Many people love the movie, and not just TF nerds.
    Just please keep in mind... Fans complaining about problems with a movie is more tolerable than fans complaining about other fans.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    What's with all these threads about the bashing?

I mean, I know people don't like to have stuff they liked called crap or other mean things, and I know that people have a right to an opinion.

But people need to stop treating everyone who liked the movie like a total idiot, and people who liked the movie have to stop assuming everyone who didn't love it like their own child is an asshole.

Though the cripplingly sizeable amounts of fandom whining is uncomfortable, if only for the negative vibes and unpleasent language.

10. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Why keep posting here, then? Honestly, I don't understand why people keep pouting. You have a right to your opinion. I mean ofcourse! But once one or more people disagree, then you have to sulk about it in every other thread.

11. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To the OP why in the blue hell did you feel the need to start the 5,000 thread on this topic....unbelievable!

12. Viper192

Viper192 Batbot

I'm also tired of hearing people bash the movie. I am a Transformers fanatic, and I thought the movie was awesome. All of my friends - Transformers fanatics or not - they loved it also.

Everyone has the right to their opinion, but for those that choose to bash it I say shut the hell up. After 25 years we are getting to see our Transformers for real. They may not be exactly to everyone’s liking, but they look pretty damn good to me!

13. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Wow.

14. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

Dunno, MTME I don't come here alot and just needed to vent.

PErsonally, the movie lived up to everything I wanted... and more. 10/10. Wanna flame me, go ahead. I seriously dunno what ppls probs are.

When it boils down to it, it's a movie based on toys. What they have done with that is to produce 2 awsome movies.

When it comes to it, people need to grow up. Yes I do too collect the toys, but I don't think its the 80's any more :) 

(I have a feeling g.i joe fans are gonna be pissed off at the movie for that too... lolz)

15. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Contradiction!

16. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Okay, look, you wanna see dogmatic?

What I quoted was dogmatic.

17. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

What? The way you are gushing is purely an emotional reaction. You just like it. And thats fine. There are others that don't. Deal with others not sharing the same opinion as you.

18. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

I'll deal with it when the haters deal with it. It is a 2 way street :) 

19. Viper192

Viper192 Batbot

Originally Posted by Viper192
    Everyone has the right to their opinion, but for those that choose to bash it I say shut the hell up.

Now that I read that, I think I should have left that statement out. I should have just left it at this:

After 25 years we are getting to see our Transformers for real. They may not be exactly to everyone’s liking, but they look pretty damn good to me!

20. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Venting is fine but do it in all the other 5,000 threads, this board is getting a bit ridiculous to keep up on lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.