What's with the Arcee Hate?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm starting to notice a lot of people really dislike Prime Arcee. I don't know why their is any dislikement towards Arcee, she's one of the few female Transformers with a genuine personality, real inner conflict that stems from the deaths of her many comrades and that she can kick a lot of ass.

I know she's in every episode and is basically the main charecter but i see this as a good thing, she represents a huge step forward with a strong female role model and does not feel like she's the token girl like in G1.

I'm just curious why everyone is now starting to hate on one of the best female transformers of all time?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I honestly haven't seen a significant amount of Arcee hate in a while. A lot of the initial hate for the character was due to her non-G1 color scheme, then that died down for a while, and some started to hate her due to her amount of screen time compared to other characters, but I haven't seen any of that in quite a while.

I don't hate her, but she's definitely not one of my favorite characters from the show. She could use some more depth to her character, beyond the I'm-constantly-in-fear-of-loosing-my-partner that seems to make-up the majority of who she is. Not saying there isn't anything more to her, but some more depth to the other parts of her personality and past would be nice.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I have nothing against her, in fact, she's one of my favorite female character in TFs [she is beaten by my version of Arcee...who is a cold military obsessed jerkass who sees her comrades as pawns, also Airachinid].

What I do have some grudge against is the whole "LEAD ROLE SYNDROME" that she appears to have.

Split Lip has a remarkable dislike for her though, he will promptly explain it to you [in fact, it's entirely possible he'll post this thread before this post is finished, or shortly afterwards].

4. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    I don't hate Arcee, but she's far from being one of my favorites. I'm tired of all of the focus being mainly on her because it's preventing some of the other characters from getting development and the whole lost partners thing got old fast for me. Also I don't think she's as great as some people make her out to be.

5. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

She's an annoying character who has received far too much screen time over Ratchet and Optimus. The MY PARTNERS ARE DEAD aspect was cool at the start but it is so old now. I cared when Cliff died because everyone mourned him and recognized him so well, but now I'm wishing Arcee would shut up about something roughly six months ago that shouldn't get in her way so easily. Yes the introduction of Airachnid (another boring character) has furthered the hatred but the amount of filler episodes dedicated to Arcee is ridiculous. Speed Metal, some of Rock Bottom etc.

She's just an overall pain that had an interesting cinception that got old REALLY quickly. Had it been handled better like say Batman's anger over his parents deaths I wouldn't have minded it. But Arcee just tries to get revenge and that is frankly boring to watch. She should have died in my opinion when Starscream slashed her, not only because Starscream needs to shut her up but also so we can have room for some interesting characters like Wheeljack and more Autobot intros like hopefully Perceptor or maybe even Jetfire (I can dream). Arcee is pretty much TFA Prowl, Chromia and some revenge bent human villain. Nothing says Arcee to me but her name. If the writers wanted a strong female character they should have kept Arcee like Animated or replaced her with a lesser known debit like Firestar or Moonracer.

Just my two cents.

6. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always thought it was a vocal minority. It always seemed to me that Arcee was one of the more popular characters in the fandom.

7. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    She's overused, in my opinion. Okay, so we have a strong female figure, who's had a lot of character development, backstory etc etc etc. Big whoop, now let's look at the OTHER members of the cast, like maybe Bumblebee or Ratchet.

8. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    TFP Arcee is quite simply the strongest female TF we've ever had imo, and perhaps the most believably characterized. She has elevated the role of female TFs from token girls to strong major character! She's not a stereotypical damsel in distress, femme fatale, girlfriend or overly masculinised or feminised female. And she's BLUE!

TFP Arcee, I've never being a great fan of female TFs until you came along. Thank you for being a great model for future fembots!

9. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

You won't find any Arcee hate here with me. She's my favorite TF: Prime character. I love that she's been so well developed. I love that she's conflicted and has strong emotions but can still kick lots of ass.

Though I think Prime and Bumblebee need more development at this point, I find it refreshing that a character like Arcee has taken the splotlight, and that TF: Prime isn't "The Optimus Prime and Bumblebee show" that the movies were.

I hope the other Autobots the showrunners choose to bring in are treated as well as Arcee.

10. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I like Arcee, but they need to focus on her less.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I disagree. I think the revenge aspect is very interesting and shouldn't get easily overlooked because bots like Starscream and Airachnid have killed those close to them and feel no remorse for their actions, should she forget the murders of her partners in cold blood ever happened. I do think however she should go done more in the path of Batman with his parents death basically remove the wanting revenge and instead going for justice but either way she can't just brign them back to life and continues to be a tragic tale for a charecter like her.

Else wise, I see no fault. Partners was one of the best episodes of the show easily.

12. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    This is mostly my line of thought too. I do enjoy her character, and she's fun to watch, but I wish some of the others got a bit more screen time too. She's a heavy focus in many eps, which I wish that would go to the other bots (minus Bulkhead, cause he gets a lot too).

Other than that, I really have no problems with her, and she's a tough chick I enjoy watching.

13. Ironhide1706

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED Partners. And the revenge aspect was interesting but it's so old now.

14. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I like her more than Optimus, Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Breakdown, Megatron and Soundwave. I like her as much as Airachnid but less than Ratchet, Knockout and Starscream.

15. IceMagnus

IceMagnus STARCO FTW!!!!!

News Credits:
    I dont hate her I just wish that they would focus on the others more. Like Jack's father who is he and why did he leave Jack and June. Who are Miko's real parents. Why can Rafael understand 'Bee. You know what are the plot holes here.

16. exoduselita

exoduselita CHRIS HUMPHRIES!!!!

I hate her.

:D 

~jk

17. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arcee is definitely a much better developed character than her past incarnations and I do like her highlights in the show, but I feel that she is sometimes just put in an episode because it's her.

She's like the tortilla chips and salsa at a party; it's great to eat sometimes, but after so many parties in a row it gets annoying that people just put it out because they can. I wouldn't mind the chips and salsa, but I would rather have a party that includes something a bit different like celery and peanut butter or fancy cheese and crackers.

Like IceMagnus said, I would like to see a little more focus on some of the other characters like Bumblebee, Ratchet, and Optimus/Orion. Maybe introduce some of the other family members of Rafael and Miko; even a trip to Tokyo could be a cool episode.

18. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    She's a well-developed female character in a boy's cartoon who got the most spotlight. Go figure ;P
    Somehow nobody's complaining about Batman's PTSD after losing his parents.

Though I can understand people starting to hate her for stealing the spotlight. There was way too much Miko/Arcee/Bulkhead in season one.

19. Ironhide1706

Batman was handled extremely well and he wasn't hell bent on revenge.

20. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know if this can count as canon but in Batman Begins, Bruce Wayne almost tried to assassinate Falcone (bad Mobster) near the beginning but was beaten to it by another angry person. So in a sense, Batman was almost hell bent on revenge, but eventually saw past it and became the dark knight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.