What's with that "Cybertron Dark Soundwave" blah?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nevermore, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost1329024-p11.html

http://www.tfans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=45414&view=findpost&p=823992

http://www.tfans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=45414&view=findpost&p=824085

These comments basically seem to pop out of nowhere. Is that just a misconception based on the test shots for Galaxy Force Soundblaster, which was apparently produced in Hasbro's factories (just like Takara's version of Primus), or has there actually been any semi-solid rumor I'm not aware of?

2. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    I think it's half based on the test shots and half on people's desire to get a soundblaster-like repaint of soudwave without having to drop a good chunk of coin on the TDP exclusive.

3. spyderbytez

spyderbytez ALTERNATOR FANATIC TFW2005 Supporter

I think its cause it said dark sound wave here:

http://auction1.taobao.com/auction/0/item_detail-0db1-518387eabdca4a0a7289fe966eb95c62.jhtml

4. Nevermore

News Credits:
    D'oh.

As if test shot sellers had any clue about half the staff they're selling. I stopped counting how many eBay auctions for HASBRO ALTERNATORS test shots (like, plastic and decos that differed from Takara's versions) claimed that those toys were "Binaltech" a long time ago.

5. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

Right now I think its just fanboy-speculation... aided and abetted by the fact that a black based repaint scheme obviously fits his vehicle mode just as well as the geewun homage factor fits the robot

6. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

I don't know why people would start talking like this when we haven't even seen Cybertron Soundwave.

7. Dark Magnus

Ebay:
    He's coming, he just hasn't hit retail yet. We've seen packaged samples and such.

8. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

It's not real until I see it on the shelf, dammit.

9. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am not holding my breath on a dark repaint of Soundblaster but I hope that just like Energon Scorponok Soundwave will be repainted later for the next line of TF toys. Hopefully there'll be more black than tan color this time.

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    as a little side line 'Post-Cybertron'.
    With versions of the characters after the events of cybertron.

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, considering that Cybertron Soundwave hasn't even been released yet... I would say it's probably wishful thinking for a Dark repaint of him. It'd be nice, but I'm not holding my breath and have had a preorder for him with BBTS since he was announced.

Even if Hasbro did release Soundblaster (and that's a pretty big if ) it would have to look significantly different as Soundblaster is a TDP exclusive. And Hasbro hardly touches other exclusives that Takara does so that's all probably wishful thinking from fans whom don't want to shell out $80 for a $20 dollar toy. Hell, if I wasn't such an exclusive repaint whore... I wouldn't either, but I'm an exclusive repaint whore...

12. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I think a "dark" Soundwave repaint is possible but its not something I would be expecting. Remember they are releasing Dark Leobreaker which was a Japanese TRU exclusive in GF so I think a similar Soundwave repaint is in the realm of possibility.

13. Dark Magnus

Ebay:
    Yes you are, such a dirty, dirty, filthy repaint whore.

14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who's your daddy!? :D 

15. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    What on earth leads you to think that was a test shot for the Takara product? We never get to see Takara test shots, so if you think this is one, I want to know what convinced you. I have no idea what Hasbro's planning, but I think we can all agree that it is highly likely that the mould will be recoloured. A black version is the obvious one, so why would they make it anything else? They even closely matched the expensive DVD exclusive Excellion.

16. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, but Dark Ligerjack/Nemesis Breaker or aslo show characters and even they were tweaked ever so slightly. Soundblaster is simply a non-show TDP exclusive... Hasbro has never touched a TDP exclusive to my knowledge... just like they've never touched an E-hobby exclusive either. They do release some of the TRU Japanese exclusives, but that's usually show characters that Takara doesn't feel like releasing main stream for whatever reason (in Energon in was Constructicon Maximus or Devastator over there and those colors were different from the domestic release also... not by much but they still were). Personally, I think it's wishful thinking... I mean, it's possible yes, but still somewhat wishful thinking.

17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No... they didn't. The colors on the cars are slightly different and Hasbro's Excellion has flames on the hood. Also, the clear plastic is clear on Takara's and blue on Hasbro's.

The biggest differences can be seen in bot mode. Red Excellion is magenta and yellow all over the place and looks alot like G1 Hot Rod. Period. Hasbro's Excellion has black in alot of places on the main body (mostly places were the original Excellion/Hot Shot had black parts) and where Red Excellion has a mostly one-to-one color transfer, Hasbro's Excellion has different areas highlighted that weren't highlighted on the original figure. It's not like we're talking about just minor details like with some figures, but complete changes.

Which is my point about Hasbro possibly releasing Soundblaster or "Dark Soundwave". It would be a very different looking toy.

18. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm sure in the end it will probably end up being wishful thinking, all I'm saying its still in the realm is possibility that he might be done by Hasbro. Hasbro also did Excillion which is another example of Hasbro taking Takara exclusives and releasing it for the American market. So again it is "possible", yes maybe unlikely that Hasbro "might" do a repaint of him but possible.

But I hear what your saying, all we can really do is wait and see, so we'll see what happens :) 

19. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Dark Leobreaker was originally planned as a mass release. However, with the GF line doing badly, Takara decided to make him an exclusive instead.

Originally, Dark Leobreaker would have been GD-14 ("Dark"), whereas the unreleased Armbullet was planned to be GD-15 ("Arm").

Remember that Superlink Buildron was also a TRU Japan exclusive, and yet Hasbro released him stateside? Same story, I guess.

The fact that Takara is currently using Hasbro's factories, as proven by Primus?

20. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Huh, now that I did not know. Now I do and that's half the battle :lol 

Anyway my point is and was that we dont know if Hasbro is doing this or something similer to this or not. Like I said its wait and see. But lets hope they do though :D