Whats with Takara Concerning G1 Cars

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ARTIMUS ONE, Nov 11, 2007.

1. ARTIMUS ONE

ARTIMUS ONE Investigations Dept.

Dont know if anyone has posted this question. I was reading up on the KO G1 cars that are coming out. So far its Mirage, Wheeljack, and Sunstreaker. 3 of the most sought after G1 cars and I was wondering, how come Takara has not made a move to have these produced. I mean here is a nobody company doing these and at good quality, and yet here is Takara/ Tomy sitting back twiddling their thumbs?? Whats up with that?

I thought for sure that when Takara did Hound, they were going to do these and isntead, they have come from a company that a few know anything to nothing about making them. From the looks of things , the molds certainly are not broken, lost, or damaged beyond repair anymore. From what I have gathered, the molds are exactly the same and the quality is even better with the exception of swoop.

My questions are these:

1. Why isn't Takara/Tomy making a move to produce thse? Everyone wants Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, and Mirage so why not make them?

2. Does anyone think they are worth buying at the price they are set at?

3. Should people buy now, or wait and see if Takara/Tomy makes a move to make them?

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those KOs are using new molds that the KO makers made. You can see differences on the Mirage. Apparently Takara doesn't see enough profit in re-engineering the lost molds.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Man a reissue Sunstreaker would've been so cool. Poor Sideswipe, can't get his bro back.

4. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Sideswipe will have a KO brother. :D 

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:

Which will be a clone, so will that still make them brothers?:lol 

6. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What Sideswipe doesn't know won't hurt him.

7. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    or you can buy vintage.

8. ARTIMUS ONE

ARTIMUS ONE Investigations Dept.

Takara does not see any profit in re-engineering the lost molds? Apparently someone else does.

Even though Takara/Tomy & Hasbro are bigger giants, I think this makes them look bad. The reason why is because they are ones who are rumored to say their molds are, lost, damage, or broken beyond repair and then you have a no name company to come from out of nowhere, and not only make reissues but reissue all the ones that Takara/Tomy & Hasbro did. And whats worst is that they do with top quality.

9. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

Please Please PLeASe don't provoke anything.... ANYBODY...
    just let this thread... just ONE thread go on without a debate on KO/ vs Originals and the morlals behind each side. we've heard them before and neither side is gunna give.

10. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seriously....I don't understand why the people who are deadset against these KOs feel the need to open up threads about KOs. If it's not for them, don't even bother with it.

What are the chanced of these guys being out and obtainable by Christmas???

Maybe he's a step-brother.

11. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They have far more molds that weren't destroyed or damaged(there was a big factory fire a few years back that ruined some of them) to make money off of, vs the KO makers who have no molds, and since they have to make the molds anyway, it makes sense for them to use the ones that won't get officially re-made.

To simplify

Has/Tak has 100+ molds(just a number, maybe more, maybe less, likely more) to use and sell toys from, and it costs them nothing to use these molds

Making replacement molds for 3 characters costs them money

KO makers have no molds, so any molds they make will cost money

KO makers then make molds of characters that Has/Tak won't make, which means more sales are likely.

If I recall correctly, Takara did re-make the soundwave mold, however that's simply due to the character itself, and it's guaranteed high volume sales. Megs, OP, Seeker molds, and maybe a couple others are the only ones I'd ever expect to get re-engineered in the event they're lost, due to popularity.

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Count me among those disappointed that the original moulds for Sunstreaker, Wheeljack and Mirage are damaged...that saying, if the KOs are as good as the originals, I will buy them - especially since we won't be seeing any "official" versions of them from Hasbro and TakaraTomy.

13. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Mirage is allready out, and judging by the reviews, he's just like an original, even better in some places.

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Mirage is indeed a good example unlike Swoop. However, I gave him a miss because I bought the vintage one a few years back.

15. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To answer the original questioner, here is what I think is the issue: the company making the KO is small enough to care about the profit they make from these re-engineered molds, and Has-Tak, being as big as they are, wouldn't see that small return on them worth all the trouble. Another thing is that people would frown upon Has-Tak for charging the kind of prices these KO companys are charging. Of course, Has-Tak could mass distribute these and produce them at probably a cheaper cost then the KO company, but that's where the whole "we have so many molds to work with and make money from without re-engineering other molds" mentallity kicks in.