What's with all of the KO Fort Max talk?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by payton34, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I think it would be the opposite as far as pricing of the original goes. It's all about supply and demand and right now there is limited supply and high demand so the prices are rather high at the moment. If a High Quality KO is available then, let's say half, of those that are wanting a FM will buy the KO, decreasing demand and possibly (although maybe not dramatically) reducing the cost of an original.

For your 2nd point, I do agree with you that something needs to be done in order to make sure that the KO parts and figure are readily discernible from the original vintage counterpart.

2. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It will really only harm the people trying to SELL the vintage G1 FM, because the price should go down once you edit out all of the people who can pay $300 or so for a KO MIB instead of over a grand. Not nearly as much demand for an original that's yellowed with faded stickers. Some of us just want the toys... to hell with the value. Contrary to what people fear, MOST people don't try to sell the KO as the original...

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Totally agree, the one you got to watch for are the usual scumbags that try to push of the high end KO's at legit G1s. my self im not interested in the value id be happy with it just having both headmasters.

4. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What I was trying to say is that IF KO's start getting passed off as "genuine" parts, then the demand and asking price for actual Genuine Fort Max parts may rise significantly.

Someone would feel much happier knowing they finally have that last piece to complete their original Fort Max, even if they paid a lot for it. On the contrary, they would feel VERY upset if they discovered the part they just spent considerable amounts of money on which was claimed by the seller to be 100% original/genuine turned out to be a fake.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be honest, plenty of people in the Radicon sections are already making replicas of original G1 parts including Fort Max, Trypticon, Scorponok, etc.. which is really great but i'm sure they probably have more of an impact on prices than these reissues would.

I mean, why spend 40 bucks on a headmaster when you can buy one on tfw for 15?:rock 

6. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    The funny thing about some of the casted parts (not including HMs) being sold in Radicons is that they're equal or more than you can get originals for.

7. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I was just thinking.... For the same price it would cost me to complete my Fortress Maximus I could probably get a minty KO one... It might even be cheaper.

8. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Double post

9. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, the parts prices could go down. You take all of the people who would rather have a mint fresh replica (that's what I'm calling them now, because "knock off" makes me think of those cheap crappy ones) out of the market, and there's a lot less competition. And I doubt we'll see replica parts out there anytime soon, because the people buying the replicas are unlikely to let the set be broken up.