What's with all of the KO Fort Max talk?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by payton34, Jun 6, 2010.

1. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least once a day, I see posts like "blah blah blah...when the Fort Max KO comes out later this year".

I have seen posts like that...since LAST year. Where is all of this information coming from? I have yet to see anything stating that a KO Fort Max is on the way.

Has it actually been said anywhere, or is it just a case of somebody saying "I wish there was a KO Fort Max" and it just took a life of it's own?

2. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    No clue,I'm wondering that myself,if and that is a big if,he was to get KOed in proper size,I'd be interested it getting one.

3. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    Right, if they would make a knock off in proper size I'd buy it too, it would sell big time.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think it was in the announcement thread with the defensor, red alert, sideswipe, and menasor announcements

5. payton34

News Credits:
    Honestly, I don't think it would sell well and here's why.

Look at some recent KO's. KO Shockwave was $90-100, iGear's KO mini-MP Prime is $90-100.

For something the size of Fort Max to be KO'd, the selling price would have to be $300-400, MINIMUM. For a couple hundred more, you can get an original G1 Fortress Maximus.

Seriously, I think some people (not you) see "KO Fort Max" and automatically think it'll be 50 bucks or something. They are going to have a big surprise on their hands IF it happens (and I say that it won't).

6. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    IIRC, the number mentioned, and i think it was by someone who had some sort of inside track, was more like $500.

They're probably pretty aware of the cost issue themselves.

7. payton34

News Credits:
    Man, I honestly don't see anybody spending $500 on a KO, even if it is Fort Max.

EDIT: Unless they're the type who try to triple their investment by scamming on Ebay.

8. anabolik1

anabolik1 Banned

^^ This ^^

...as with anything else, the masses will be split...some will buy, some will hate it...IF it happens but like you, I don't see...

9. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $500 for a ko is way too much

10. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be all over an $500 OVERSIZED KO Fort Max like a rash :D  But for a regular KO, it would still have be damn near perfect before most people would even think of spending large on one.

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    it was not, there was no announcement for a KO Fort Max, what happen was that a person heard from someone who was working on them that they were planning on doing it

it is a HE TELL ME issue

12. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I'd say if they were able to do it and sell it for around the $300 mark +/-, I'd be interested and I think it'd sell very well. For $500, not so much since for another $200-300 you can get a nice complete original. He's still one of my grails and I'd love to be able to get a real nice minty one for less than a months salary, but $500 for a KO is still more than I'd be willing to spend, even for a high quality KO.

13. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would definitely make more sense if they keep it secret and start to sell them on eBay as vintage items. Who would expend $500 on a KO Fort Max/Grand Max when you can buy a loose vintage one for that price?

I've noticed a lot of MISB, MIB Grand Maximuses on eBay since the past year. A friend of mine actually bought TWO since one of them was aprehended by brazilian customs. Maybe the chinese have already started their eBay scamming.

14. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    In order for a KO Fort max to have a chance i feel it would have to be sold for $300 or less or people would go for a legit one instead.

16. payton34

News Credits:
    If the Defensor gift set was $100, there is no way in hell that a boxed KO Fort Max will be $300.

17. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, since I'm one of the ones that's been mentioning it, yes, the thread that Rodimus Major posted is where it originated by GenZhao, who is right about this stuff... I wouldn't expect to pay $50 for one. If it's the same people that did the other high quality ones, he'll be $300-$500. If he's $300 and complete and mint, I'll get one.

18. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Man these damn KO's are getting out of hand, if they where cheep I think it would make more sense, but ppl pay almost as much as the real thing.

19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I agree with you, and i have begun to wonder if that why we have yet to get any more information as they are having trouble producing them so that they can sell them at a price people would be willing to pay and still have it being as good of quality or close to the original.

20. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    G1 Fort Max is a grail in any version. A high quality KO in the range of 200-300 will sell, because people like me want one or want to have it again. (This is a presumption) The MISB'ers might even get in on this just to have one open for display or play. At 500.00price range I could not go for it because it is a KO and at that price my Conscience just would not allow it. But 200.00 is a pure win.

This continued talk of the Big Bot making a comeback is a dream that many share. Unfortunately it may or may not be just be a dream. Time will tell. If HasTak would not do a reissue (I know...I know...safety standards...dammit) I could see a remold being done. For example a lot of speculation refers to Cybertron Metroplex. However HasTak could also do a new mold to reinvet Max too. Energon Omega Supreme is a good or not so good example for this matter.

Regardless of what happens, there is a voice screaming to be heard and somebody will eventually hear it and do something about.

sometimes I get emotional over this subject and forget the business aspects, but I believe it will happen