whats up with these kids

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by supernova222, Aug 28, 2012.

1. supernova222

supernova222 Circle of Light

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    seriously, one thing i dont get in transformers prime is, yes these kids are good friends with the bots, and they know that thier world is in danger. but c'mon, a few kids are fine actually killing another living sentient being. the latest episode showed us that. i really hate it when shows do that. thoughts?

2. vatarian

vatarian snide spider

Because of the unfortunate fact that the main audience for this show is between the ages of three, and fifteen, Hasbro feels the need to focus action on the kidlets every now and then. Also, to be fair, that sentient being WAS about to brutally murder her friend. Just sayin'.

3. AxionPrime

AxionPrime Well-Known Member

Maybe they're showing how humans and transformers are similar. In a given situation, both find a way to justify taking another's life.

(Or, maybe, they're commenting on how fast today's kids are growing up (mentally).)

4. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    To be fair Miko was really upset over Bulkhead and seeing Wheeljack almost die got her pretty pissed I guess. It's all part of character development for her, and other kids shows do refer to death, killing and murder.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Sam used the robot war to get "lucky". He's the worst of all the humans because of it.

6. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the aforementioned sentient being critically injured one of her friends and was going to kill another one of them right in front of her eyes. What would you have her do? She saw Wheeljack hit the missile launching button earlier, it was only logical.

7. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Miko may not be seeing a sentient being. She may just be seeing a giant feral robot insectoid alien.

8. Spin-Out

Spin-Out "It's just... Asinine."

This is war, and Miko was trying to save the life of her best friend's other best friend from the psycho who put her best friend in a coma.

I can be hard on Prime sometimes, but I'll give it this: It doesn't sugarcoat war at all. Animated didn't either, and both of them are strong shows because of it. In war, it's kill or be killed - Miko, who's one of the audience surrogates, just found out the hard way by losing her friend and nearly losing another that it's not "cool" like she thought it was.

9. Oni

Oni Active Member

It's war, what did you expect? Everyone gets pushed beyond their limits and do things they wouldn't normally do. Besides it's not the first time one of the kids kills a robot.

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Either way, one of them was going to die, so you may as well choose the one that's on the side that's trying to take over the planet.

11. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

Well Miko was lucky that the button she pressed did what it did. Just think if it was the windscreen wipers. :) 

12. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

she saw Wheeljack fire the missile in to the first energon mine, so she sort of had a clue

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Spin-Out. you so smart. ^This.

It's why i enjoyed Hurt a lot.

14. WidowMaker91

WidowMaker91 Well-Known Member

No offense but this sounds stupid would you rather she let the guy who nearly killed her best bud murder her and her other friend and yes contray to what people tell you most people would be perfectly fine with or even giddy to kill someone who tried to kill someone they cared for and it isn't "wrong" it's natural to feel that way and in this case it isn't like she commited cold blooded murder.

Some people really reach to find a reason to hate this show these days

15. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt I can say Miko was innocent in the most recent episode, since she sought out and killed Hardshell. This wasn't a mission for the greater good or to pretect, she did it because of her own desires.

Miko was partly responsible for putting Wheeljack in that position. She helped instigate that battle.

Right now though, if Prime is going to go this path, then they shouldn't hold back. Let them show humans dying left and right. Let them take the lives of both adults and children.

Otherwise, I think the children themselves will be less relatable. The show is showing them kill off more Cybertronians than showing Cybertronians kill off more humans. And because of that, what will people's perceptions be?

16. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    the only dead humans i've seen were the ones that got killed by breakdown n bulk ( chunked a car at a copter and it blew up no way anyone survived) soundwave killed some guys at that army base in darkness rising. I think in one shall fall there were dead bodies next to some vehicons. though human death is not focused on as much.

17. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    kids these days!

18. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    she watched wheeljack fire the missiles at the energon mine : she knew which button to push. (she and wheeljack are lucky his ship has a good, automatic targeting system i guess!).

19. Avengers

Avengers Banned

These are the best kids we've ever had in a Transformers media series.

20. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The bodies next to Soundwave were probably jsut knocked out, since he was there to just hack the satellites and would have killed the kids too if it was that big of a deal.

Other than the examples you listed, Arcee bouncing off the windshield of a MECH car in 'Convoy' and flipping it over, causing it to explode is another instance where death had to have happened but wasn't really showed or elaborated upon. Another could be Bee breaking into MECHs secret warehouse with Project Chimera's prototype. Sure he was slapping them around, but a gigantic robot slapping the living daylights out of a few humsna dn hurlign them across the warehouse could shake you up..