What's up with the USPS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Embryoyo, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

Ok, I bought some DVDs off of ebay and I live in CA and it's coming from NV (Las Vegas to be exact) and I was thinking hmm should get here soon. I go check up on my package wondering where it is and it in.... Denver, CO. Two states over? :wtf:  and that was from two days ago of course it hasn't been updated since so I don't know where it is (i know the tracking system they use sucks) but still, I don't get it. Wouldn't it make more sense to I dunno... ship it to CA which is on the border of NV not to CO? :crazy: 

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

:crazy: 

What kind of idiots do they have working for the USPS?

3. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, USPS blows. 2 months ago, some guy was sending me tickets that I bought off him on eBay. He lives only an hour away from where I live. He sent the tickets early in the morning on a monday so that I would get them by Tuesday. Tuesday comes, nothing. Wednesday comes, nothing. I checked with the seller and he gave me the tracking info which stated that the package was delivered on Tuesday and I'm like "WTF?". I called my local USPS station and was told, "It says on our system that it was delivered." And I told them "Who signed for it? And where was it delivered." And was given the following response "Doesn't say." So I told them, "Well I didn't sign for it and no one else at home signed for it. So what did you guys do with them?" And at that same moment the mail carrier for my route walked into their station and the person I was speaking to asked her what happened to the package. The mail carrier said "Oh, on Tuesday when I was going to deliver the package there was some issue in the neighborhood with a dog. Before I was to deliver the package I already scanned it as being delivered." And I said to them, "If that was the case, why didn't she change the status afterwards or had dropped off a pick up ticket on Weds which she didn't? If I hadn't called it probably would have been lost in your system." After a lengthy conversation about how unprofessional they were, I told them "Have my package ready for me, I'm coming over to pick it up personally." When I got there they apologized but it only fueled my disgust with the USPS system.

4. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    The USPS does blow.

When I was younger I ordered a Star Wras figure from Oklahoma.

Seller said it should be there around Friday. (Since I ordered it Last Friday).

Friday came nothing. Called, they said that the item was delivered. I said no it wasn't, not to me. And after lenghty processes I went over there got it. And never used that service. I now use UPS.

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Honestly, what do you expect for shipping something at the fraction of the cost of UPS or FedEx.

It's like buying a direct plane ticket versus one with a bunch of connections. You pay out the butt for the convenience of a direct flight. If you get a cheaper one with a bunch of connections, the airlines will just shuffle you on a series of flights until you get to your final destination. You might be trying to fly from Florida to New York, but if you connect a bunch of times to save money, it's not unlikely you'll be flying into Dallas or Chicago before you end up in NYC.

6. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    About three years ago I was expecting a package to arrive that day from the USPS and it did'nt arrive.

So I went to the USPS to find out what happened. The postal clerk went to the back to find out and he came back up front with a piece of paper in his hands telling me it was shipped. I wanted a copy of that paper and he refused. I asked him why was it a matter of National Security a part of Homeland and I can tell by the look on his face, he did'nt like that. But hey, he should know it is part of the job.

7. Lock Cade

I very rarely get any packages shipped to me via USPS, but when I do they do arrive at my place with very little trouble.

I personally go for using UPS as the means for shipping packages. They're a lot more reliable, at least in my opinion.

8. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Same here. On BBTS I picked UPS as my shipping option.

I don't like USPS.

9. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

Damn... I would have been pissed as hell. I honestly never had much trouble dealing with USPS before or have seen something like this where my item got shipped two states away so it was just strange can't complain long if it gets here hopefully by tomorrow since it did not come today...

10. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    well atleast its better than ups, leaving everything outside on your door ready to steal

11. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    I prefer using Fedex. I've been shipping through them for about 6 years now and never had a complaint. Plus, I've noticed that their rates are a lot cheaper.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    USPS is run by the government and staffed by government employees, what do you expect?

13. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    "It's a conspiracy man"- Cars qoute.

14. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

That's true... I remember years ago I bought turntables and some other stuff about 2 grand worth of shit, and I had to go to school for an hour (i was home schooled but I had to meet with a teacher every week and blah blah blah) and I come home to all the boxes just sitting next to my door I was like WTF?! I mean it was all out in the open.... I was glad I got there when I did it was close to 11am I think.

That is true...

15. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Exactly!

16. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Ive never had that problem with USPS. However, I get quite annoyed with UPS and FedEx from time to time when they seem do that kinda stuff. Honestly, getting packages from the other side of the country takes about 4 days for USPS. UPS takes at least a week from about the same area. In short, things I get from USPS almost always get here before other postal services. I think you're all nuts for hating on them. :/

17. Lock Cade

And the mail carrier on my route is a REAL idiot -- either that, or she's just too damn lazy.

I mean, whenever we get any packages in the mail, our mail carrier would stop at the mail box and put all of our mail in their, then drives up our driveway and hands us the package(s).

And then half the time we get somebody else's mail!

I swear, there were a couple of times that I wanted to go to the post office and chew somebody out, tell them that if they can't do their job then I would gladly do it for them -- and I would do it right, too.

18. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

We have some new mail guy, and it was about a week and a half ago or so I was waiting for a package. Our mail normally gets here around 2-4. Well at 5 I still didn't hear the doorbell ring or a knock (cause my package wouldn't fit in the mail box) so I went to go check the mail and the fucker had a slip in there saying he came to the door but no one was home and I was like WTF you lazy ass bastard! I miss the old mail lady we had before we got this new guy.

19. Lock Cade

I missed the mail lady we had before we got the stupid, lazy good-for-nothing mail lady we have now. At least the previous mail lady was kind enough to bring both mail and package(s) up to the house.

20. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I didn't get any mail for the last week. I yelled at them and now all of a sudden I'm getting mail again. Weird.