What's the Worst Episode You Have Seen?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Majestic Senzu, Jul 19, 2015.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    First off, show me in my post where I said poorly written. To me, BW is no different than G1 in the level of writing. Yeah, yeah, there is more time to develop the cast with the cast being so small. Except they rarely ever do. Each character shows up pretty much the way they leave, with the main arguments being Cheetor, Dinobot, and Blackarachnia. That's about it. Sure, we get a touch of insight occasionally, but nowhere near the character building that everyone touts the series for.

And there's also the massive dichotomy going on in the show where it tries to be uber serious and Looney Toons slapstick in pretty much the same stretch of scene.

Every thing I dislike about BW is in Animated as well. You know, I could have sworn you and I had damn near the exact conversation a while back.

Top notch writing. Professor Princess. Blitzwing's random face. Grimlock's steam whistle head spinning when BA kisses him. I could go on, but I've only got so much break at work.

So the point of this part is to point out I forgot a hyphen? Duly noted...

2. Acadia

Acadia gone

I'd say Portals of RID 2015. They bring Soundwave back.... just to get rid of him no more than 20 minutes later.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    ^ Yeah that sucked but it was great to see him back after that disappointing end treatment for such a badass. But then he gets stuck in the shadow zone again. Hmmmm...

4. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I try not to be too critical of Transformers fiction. They entertain me. But I could not for the life of me withstand anything Beast Machines. I can't think of one episode I liked. There were episodes that ruined Silverbolt and heck even Rhinox. Hard to sit through a show with terrible characters like Nightscream and even made terrible designs out of guys like Rattrap. Only thing I liked about it was Cheetor and Optimus Primal.

5. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Most of G1 is so dated. Keep in mind a lot of 80's TV I'll watch because of that fact though. Most of my G1 collection centers around toy only/little know characters and one off talents characters had.

Beast Wars even as a kid I couldn't get into because of the CGI.

Animated because of the swirly transformations and animation style. Coming after Cybertron where every transformation was for the most part shown in detail, the swirl transformation was a major turn off. For the most part CRiD, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron all had similar animation, so for me Animated was very jarring. Now granted I've grown about 10 odd years since then and reading about Animated I have tried to watch it and I have enjoyed what I've watched so far.

6. DarekSilver

DarekSilver Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    "The Girl who Loved Powerglide" (Sunbow)

That's all that needs to be said.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Well, I mean, that's a blatantly wrong statement. Contrary to popular belief, just putting "To me" at the beginning doesn't make anything you say be protected by "opinions can't be wrong".

So two characters you don't personally like and a visual gag means it doesn't have good writing? OK...

Lots of people are saying B.O.T... but as bad as that was it's simply impossible not to enjoy watching it. It's a fascinating train-wreck.

8. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Strangely enough, I can't think of any episode I didn't like at all.

That's not to say I don't agree with any of your choices, I respect your opinions on the matter, I personally don't have any least favorite episodes.

9. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    That is far, far from being the worst episode of all.

10. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Here's the interesting thing, BW was no less a toy commercial than G1, and G1 got it done with a largely unwieldy cast. Despite all that, they still managed character development AND was able to establish archetypes and stick with them. So once again, with the exception of the overhumanization and technical terms in BW, there's no difference. For every B.O.T. there is The Low Road, for every Code of Hero, there is a War Dawn. So yeah, my opinion isn't "wrong", you just don't connect the dots because of your passion for one over the other.

Now, rather than cherry pick part of my argument, add in the OTHER part of it, the part where I dislike the mediocrity of BW writing along with the severe swing between grimdark and Looney Toons slapstick. When you add THOSE gripes to my original comment, it's much more direct and clear. Don't do me a disservice by selectively editing to give your own stance weight.

11. RADimus prime

RADimus prime not so well known member just known

WOW you just had a whole convocation rite there by yourself....... The bit about blanket statements I found rich after the constant be raiding of Prime.

12. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    My worst episode is definitely "Carnage in C-Minor." I hated that episode so much. The aliens that sung everything were so annoying and they were even worse with their so-called "Perfect Melody." That thing sounded so wretched it made me question Soundwave's and Blaster's taste in music.

Then there was the repeated lines where Blaster and Soundwave translate what the aliens said except the problem is, we know what they said because all they did was sing it, they didn't talk in a different language and this causes the annoyance of characters repeating what has been said.

So overall this episode was very dumb and I consider it to be the worse.

• Like Like x 1
  13. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Not to mention all the animation errors such as Brawn's "cameo", Hot Spot alongside Defensor and Broadside bodyslamming Devastator.

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I'll settle on Shadowzone, Armada, and Regeneration as the worst episodes of Prime. Shadowzone for Miko at her worst and a pretty boring plot; Armada for wrapping up plots really quickly and introducing a few other plots that would be wrapped up really quickly; and Regeneration for killing one of the show's best characters for a stupid reason.

Battlegrounds from RID was pretty weak. Steeljaw's gang is just filled and get locked up quickly. Megatronus was a weak cardboard cutout of a villain. What TFP Optimus is, Megatronus is to Megatron. Kinda. Okay so maybe not the Megatron character, but I guess in terms of big bad's? Okay, scratch it. He's just bad. Flat and bad. Not even ROTF Fallen was that bad. The Clay's are in a painfully unfunny running gag. Optimus returns, big surprise.

15. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Yeah, you can't compare "The Low Road" to "B.O.T". Despite ending on a rather childish gag, the rest of the episode was pretty damn solid and even included one of Megatron's best scenes. Likewise, to compare "Code of the Hero" to "War Dawn" is pretty unfair on the former too. One was a fantastically written episode that brought a character to a satisfying end while the other simply established that Optimus Prime was once called Orion Pax. While it was better than the average trashy Sunbow episode it wasn't really on the same caliber as most Beast Wars episodes.

I'm also interested in the character development you claim that Sunbow had: beyond Rodimus Prime's hesitation in every second episode of Season 3 I can't think of a single character who got developed in the Sunbow cartoon. If they were lucky they got their one established personality trait ("He's paranoid!" "He's snobby!" "He's angry!" "He's smart!") and that was it.

What? I didn't cherry-pick anything. I'm referring to your list of reasons you think Animated didn't have good writing, which were all pretty weak.

I don't want to seem like I'm fanboying, but I honestly can't fathom how anyone could even pretend that the writing of the simplistic, fluid-continuity, awkwardly scripted and episodic Sunbow cartoon could have the same level of writing as Beast Wars. Hell, I'd be saying the same if Sunbow was being compared to Prime and I don't even particularly like the latter.

16. G1Prowl

News Credits:

So that's all you got from War Dawn? Guess I can see why we're at cross ends.

17. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Carnage in C has the best Soundwave line read in the show, so I can't vouch for it as the worst.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    Don't forget Soundwave and Galvatron's infamous "holding hands" scene.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    S2 G1's BOT comes to my mind just now, but I'm sure there are more.

20. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

The thing about Carnage is that despite it being a very poor production, I still found/find it to be very entertaining. In fact I actually really enjoy watching all of AKOM's seasons three episodes. It's the season two AKOM episodes that I can't stand: "City of Steel" and "The Core". I absolutely can not stand watching those episodes.