Whats the worst/craziest QC issue you've ever personally encountered?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by deaculpa, Jul 9, 2014.

1. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    I was just commenting in another thread that Ive been blessed to never really run into QC issues with any of the figures Ive ever bought. Even my first edition Yellow Giant (that had the entire front grill of Long Haul replaced) is 100% intact with no issues, in original condition.
    I think the worst thing Ive had are a few minor pain errors, and a couple figures which "rubbed" on their packaging while en route to me. Oh, and I had the elbow issues with the first two feralcons, but it didnt bother me, i probably will just kep the replacements in their boxes.

so whats your worst/craziest PERSONAL encounter with a factory issue?

note: the question is not "what toys have you HEARD have the most issues", you need to have run into it yourself!

2. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

first one that comes to mind was the takara grimlock that came with a huge gash in the chrome tail. i think i had to sell it and bought a tru one instead.

3. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    The only one that I think I've run into that was major was probably TFC's Long Haul and the hip gears grinding down. Easy fix though. I've also got the first two MMC Predacons, but I've barely done anything with them so I don't think that issue has really set in just or at all. Prolly won't really need to replace the elbows.

4. drpockets

drpockets Ninja Consultant

To this day I have never been able to get KFC Birdbomber's bird head out of cassette mode. I've done everything I can think of, and everything anyone's recommended to me, but that head is stuck and isn't coming out.

5. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Third party: My TFcon/Headrobots Stronghold forgot the label sheet, but I got a replacement. Lots of minor breakage and a missing pin on some of the CHMS Seekers. Oddly about half of them are perfect, half are plagued with problems.

Hasbro: Universe Skydive (the Beast Machines recolor ) came with a with a shattered joint in one limb right in the package. I didn't break it, it was shattered in the box! I also got a Kreon Sharkticon missing some of his weapons.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  6. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    You name it, I've ended up with it. Everything from missing pins and screws (TFC Neckbreaker among others), two of the same fists (BH Arcee was the most recent example), missing paint aps (most recent - Generations Bomber Megs), two robot heads (BH Lazorback - I actually bought this one on purpose as I noticed it in the store/free head)... It sounds like I have awful luck but when you take into consideration the amount of TF's I buy my ratio isn't too bad actually and in all honesty I don't mind fixing them. in fact, I rather enjoy it.

7. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    Scoria: fucked Left Shoulder, fused backpack joint. Hips will go too.

Mugan Scope: backplate plus armatures for attachments crumbled.

Huff: you name it, it's fucked. Likewise BTS Sonocron.

IGear Destroyer: kneck joint broke

But the worst QC disasters I've had have all been on Hastak figures. MP09 is my standard and heartfelt response to anyone that wants to tell me 3Ps sell overpriced junk. How that fucking mess ever left the factory is beyond me. Had it been a 3P product it would be the dictionary definition of "kick this Company when they are down and keep going"

8. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    Not Really a QC issue with a toy but I bought two HFTD Leader Starscream's and both of them had Leader Battle hooks Optimus Prime instructions in them. Aside from that nothing ever really beyond some bad paint now and again.

9. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.

[​IMG]

10. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, there's actually something worse for me. CM's Genesic Gaogaigar's knee joint broke within a couple of hours of fiddling with it for the first time.

11. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

2 of the same fist, 2 of the same feet, missing paint apps, and poorly applied paint apps.

12. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Believe it or not my worst qc problem was from g1!

I got a blitzwing with one leg that would simply not extend, ever.

13. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Yeah. My first Skydancer had a defective leg. The mushroom peg on the chromed knee joint (why in the name of god you would even do that is beyond me) broke the instant I went to swivel it. There was no resistance either. Just instant snap.

As for official stuff, I'm usually pretty lucky. I can only think of two instances off the top of my head. I got one of the really bad Animated Sunstorms. So much looseness and parts falling off. The most recent was BH Arcee. I ended up getting two left hands. It uses the exact same hands as the regular version. So I just swapped them.

14. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    it was in the package like that? wtf!

15. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

MP-6 Skywarp with two left tail fins... Toyworld's Hardbone headmaster missing his visor/eyes.

16. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Sonicron (QC issue) = Everything

17. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Worst would have been MP-09B. One of the knees snapped on the first transformation. Luckily I was able to fix it with some epoxy and a washer.

I've been pretty lucky otherwise..just a few minor issues here and there.

18. bfett88

bfett88 Well-Known Member

There is a double joint on his back and I can only get one of them to move. Is that what you are talking about?

19. Beretta92

Beretta92 Well-Known Member

Hasbro MP Rodimus left ankle straight outa the box.

Attached Files:

20. Rahvin

Rahvin Well-Known Member

Same. Though I'm not sure if it qualifies more as QC or just the worst design ever. I bought it on clearance for like $20 thinking I could at least use some of the weapon accessories. Wasn't worth even that much. Worst product by far I've ever paid money for.