What's the verdict on MP?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Snark, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So Asian PSN didn't have the FOC demo for download, so I'm pretty much in the dark about this. For you guys who have the game, how's the MP? Is it fun? And more importantly, are there any significant improvements over WFC?

Finally, does anyone know how active the PS3 community is? Thanks guys.

2. Flaming Matrix

Flaming Matrix Murder claw master

It is very fun, and most people consider it a vast improvement over wfc. In fact the majority of complaints are about how you can't spam abilities anymore, so if aiming and weapons skill isn't your thing, the multiplayer is a no-no. About the community, I have an Xbox, so I can't say from experience. But since it is pretty new, I'm guessing the community is pretty active.

I hope this helped!

3. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    A-

would've given a solid A+ if they brought back barrel roll for scientists and a color slider for the customization.

5. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    It is VERY fun for what it is.
    The robot customization is a bit more limited than I would have expected, but still downright awesome nonetheless. Only 2 abilities per class to choose from, although some people like this. The Infiltrator has been nerfed and Cloak lasts 7 seconds, and drains even faster when sprinting or driving. So it's basically an attempt to please WFC fans while keeping that DOTM cloak.
    No vehicle abilities, which is bothersome, but tolerable when you get used to it. The weapons are very fun, but everyone dies a bit easy, although they plan to buff the overshield.

6. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I just realized I made this thread before most the world got FoC (it was already available in Malaysia when I first posted). Now that it's more widely available, can I get some feedback on the quality of the mp?

I don't have any interest in the single player campaign, so mp is pretty much make or break for this game, as far as I'm concerned. Also, if anyone can tell me how active the PS3 community is, that be amazing.

7. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

I have it on PS3 and the community doesn't seem to bad. It's more active than I thought, just make sure you do deathmatch or conquest. I tried a capture the flag and there was no one in a lobby or game yet. I have run into some shady stuff already though. Got melee kicked by a titan from about 50 ft away. Most maps are interesting, although I personally think that a couple of them seem a bit cramped. All in all, it's pretty good so far.

8. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I still have a tiny little bit of hope left...

Is there offline Escalation multiplayer?

9. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Why? Why would you ask this? Now I want to know.

10. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    SOOOO much lag, its unbearable at times, and people are level 20 already wtf

11. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

The PC version of multiplayer has some issues. I'm expecting a patch in a few days.

About 2 out of 3 games, the countdown timer before the match hits zero and then keeps going...into negative numbers. Everyone just has to quit and try again.