What's the reason/reference for the names Q and Dino?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Neo-Bombshell, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Hi guys, I remember here it was posted that there was a reference to James Bond and Ferrari for the name changes for Wheeljack and Mirage. Can you help me on this?

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Que is a reference to the James Bond character that builds his gadgets. Dino is a reference to the son of the Ferrari founder. I think Dino's name was changed because Ferrari changed it or something like that and I think Que's name change was just personal preference.

3. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

Pretty much.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    The names were obviously changed because Hasbro is dumb and hates the fans and forgot what their toys are named. ;) 

But in all seriousness, Michael Bay's slave drone Nelson claims that the reason for the Ferarri bot's name change is because Mattel has exclusive rights to Ferrari toys, and thus Ferrari didn't want "their" product placement being named after a Hasbro toy.

"Dino" was the nickname of the Ferrari founder's son.

5. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Regarding Dino, from what I understand, Ferrari got to name him as part of their deal to use the car. The toy however, still gets called Mirage. However, it will not be an exact replica of the actual Ferrari, as Mattel does own those rights. It will be kind of link Sideways' deluxe toy.

Also, Nelson has said that in the script, they were NEVER called Mirage or Wheeljack. He even offered to send a copy of the script to someone over on shootfortheedit.com.

6. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Do we know they're getting toys? What will those versions be called?

7. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Was one of those RPMs we saw packaged,that was clearly Dino's head and a ferrari-ish alt mode, and it was called Mirage?

I don't recall seeing any Mercedes-esque toys yet myself,so don't know if they'll be called Wheeljack or Que or what.

8. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They've been screwing up names since TF1 with Brawl, so I'm a bit desensitized to things like this in the movieverse. That said, I would prefer consistency between the toys and movie characters.