What's the real size of the Constructicons?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by JJohnson, Apr 17, 2012.

1. JJohnson

JJohnson Well-Known Member

Given that the Constructicons are construction vehicles, what is the real-world size of them in vehicle, robot, and Devastator modes?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
  3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I assume you're talking G1 Constructicons?
    Well, if we can get measurements of the toys' alt- and robot-modes and of the real-world vehicles we can calculate their "real" sizes.

5. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Doesn't it kind of depend on the episode as well? I remember one episode that he fought alongside Soundwave and they were the same height, and another where he was as tall as a large office building.

In a real-world setting, modifying the alt modes where there is a logic of scale applied (basically where Long Haul isn't a super-sized earth-mover), I'd guess that the combiner could easily be 60-ish-feet.

6. JJohnson

JJohnson Well-Known Member

I would assume that the Constructicons are in-scale with each other, and Long Haul isn't out of scale. If he's a super earth mover, then the others must be incredibly huge also, and would then make for a well-over-60-foot Devastator. If they're all more modestly sized, where the cabin is big enough for a regular human, how big would that make them?

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    65 foot tall if you use the real vehicles and don't mass-shift them

In many media he's well over 100, I think one bio says 150 foot tall.
    If you see some pictures Scrappers tires alone are taller than a typical robot. He's much smaller than Metroplex though. I prefer him being taller though as at 100 foot he's only 3 times the size of Megatron and they look more impressive if he's made a bit bigger.

The way I look at it is this if you are talking about Bruticus he should be as big as he needs to be so that Blast Off is actual size in shuttle mode. and I always say a Combiner needs to be big enough so that they can hold Shockwave or Megatron in their hand with them not having mass-shifted down when they changed from their robot mode.

I think the reason the size is a bit all over the place is some content providers like the idea of making a combiner as tall as a city bot like Omega Supreme.

Just look at the crazy size differences for Fortress Maximus (and his repaints) too. many Characters that have a base mode are sometimes shown as a huge city size base but only have a normal robot mode. Typticon in the comics was a huge city but only a bit bigger than average in beast mode.

I've also seen Metroplex shown much much smaller when he's in his transport mode and many many time larger in city mode.

So it's not just the tiny alt moded characters that are into crazy levels of mass-shifting.

I don't mind a bit of mass-shifting I barely notice the huge motorcycle wheels on Prime Arcee.

P.s.

G1 Long Haul is a much smaller model of Dump Truck and ROTF Longhaul is or indeed the Throttlebot Heavyload. He's more like a building site dump truck than a quarry truck.

Funnily enough the smaller size of Dumptruck is one of the mysterious bits of ROTF Devastator that seems to almost vanish in his robot mode but can be seen just before the combination starts. (and isn't the leg where ROTF Long Haul sits.

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/download/file.php?id=16935&mode=view

8. droseprime1

droseprime1 Well-Known Member

Are you sure thats not just a building shaped like a truck???

9. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

Scale is something I've always wondered about in relation to the Constructicons. I actually set out to build a complete set in proper scale to MP-01. Given a 1/25 trailer fits the Mp prime mold, I assumed his vehicle mode is 1/25 or close to it. I then constructed a 1/25 Payhauler as Long Haul.
    The vehicle scales look like.....
    [​IMG]

City of Steel features Prime in Long hauls bed....
    [​IMG]
    .....suggesting that's one time they were in scale.

Given MP Megatron is the exact same size as Prime, this is how tall Long haul would be without mass shifting...
    [​IMG]

.....Below is an early mockup of how tall Devastator would have been using all 1/25 scale vehicles.

[​IMG]