What's the point??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ruination04, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What's the point of ordering online if all the items you wanna order are always sold out? Everywhere I go, EVERY item is out of stock....it's bad enough that you can't find certain figures in stores but to not be able to find it online....it's crazy!

Sorry for the rant, I'm just irritated!

2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    The guys that do have super speed, I guess.

3. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey Ruination,

There is such a thing called preordering,usually its 3 or 4 months before they are released which is a while to have to wait for them,but atleast you will get them when they are released.I will say with a lot of people who are after the same figure you are come release day chances are your gonna miss them.So I suggest start preordering them.

4. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The items aren't always sold out, just the most sought after. You have to learn how to play the game, young penguin, and there's no guarantee that you'll win.

5. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

I still can't wrap my head around all the folks that pay more than what it costs in a store and then add shipping on top of it.

I tend to hit stores when I am out and doing other errands, rare when I go out just for toys.

Course it's better than missing out on them.

I am kinda sitting on the fence on a couple things thought I will admit. With the new movie garbage coming out the stuff I want might never make it to the stores...............................................

So I dunno, is it worth it, I hurt for funds, so I guess I play the waiting game.

6. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

:lol 

7. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    You snooze... You lose.

The faster you learn this lesson the better off you'll be.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    as far as preordering to here, it's cheaper to get a case to split with someone even with shipping

9. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

Hmm, I never encounter that problem. I always get the ones released at retail in the stores. It's cheaper and no shipping. Usually it's the 3rd party items that I order online for. What are you looking for? I suggest constantly checking the sightings thread for your area.

10. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    You have to ask yourself, "What's better? Doing a million toy runs to my local stores and maybe never getting the figure I want and wasting uncounted dollars in gas and time. Pre order online and yes pay a bit more for the security of knowing you'll get what you want and probably make up the difference in gas money."

You can't always get the pre orders in time but like those above me have already stated but most the time you can if your on the ball. Also as a last resort, EvilBAY.

Hope things work out for you and you find the figures your looking for.

11. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gettin' outta collectin'

I tend to hunt whilst I'm out shopping, due to the idiotic prices that some online retailers think Transformers are worth. As yet, I've not bought a TF online and have no intention of doing so.

I have been known to specifically go out looking for TFs.

12. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Because retail sightings are a myth even in some parts of the us.

13. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This. The only exception to this in my case is the City Commander, which eventually got a second run. All the other TFs I hesitated to buy are now at least 3-4 times more expensive than they were at retail.

EDIT: Some countries (like mine) receive such a meager number of TFs per year that shopping online is the only option for collectors. Also, our prices are so high that ordering from the US, even with import duties, often ends up cheaper (or at least the same) than retail.

14. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    The retail price tag isn't the total cost. It's the price tag+tax+gas money spent hunting for an item.

Sometimes that's more expensive than paying a bit more on the base cost of a figure and paying relatively little in shipping by using pile-of-loot or discount codes or other deals.

When it does cost more, that extra money might be worth it to avoid the headaches, worry, and time spent hunting for something.

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    As someone said before:

1. Preorder.
    2. Don't wait.
    3. Know how to search.
    4. Check often
    5. Know demands of each figure. (things like Wreck-gar will always be out of stock)

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The only items I ever see sold out (and I only check out BBTS, TFSource and Automaton Toys)are when they have been out for a long while.

I have also noticed that newer items that sell out generally get restocked.

17. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I preorder sometimes, but MOST of the time I can find what I need in stores. Just here lately, there are a few things that I get a weird feeling about, like I won't ever see them in stores around here so I want to get it ordered online and I'll be damned if they ain't sold out. What makes it worse is that places that like BBTS even have their pre-orders sold out! LOL It's just aggravating. I had to vent.... :) 

18. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    hm, I think that comes in something like this:

Member: OH I see a preorder!
    Member: Wow that's an awesome toy, but I will wait to find it in stores

*preorder standing for a while*

Member: Crap, this figure should have been released to retail already, I still can't find him!

*preorder slowly selling out, even the in stock ones if there is*

Member: *after a while of search* I gave up. Let me just order it from an online store.

*preorder solds out*

Member: FK *goes to complain on board or look in ebay*

Member: Wtf is with these prices!?

That's generally the trend I observe. Not saying you are of the trend.

19. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:

LOLOL I have done that before! Not all the time, but I have done that more than I care to admit!

20. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I understand where you are coming from. But the thing about Generations and RTS, is that distribution has sucked immensely. I can't even remember a time it's been this bad, because I usually tend to be one of the fortunate ones to always find stuff in store. Hell even back during the very beginning of Energon, I was able to find E Ultra Magnus at a Target, and on sale! But now, with Wal-Mart not even being an avenue of getting new stuff and case assortments being wonky, it's just been an absolute nightmare. This definitely has me ordering or preordering stuff online now.