What's the one Christmas gift..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ruination04, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Actually, I was kidding. Thanks for the kind thoughts though, Team Jetfire. My family loves me greatly, and like a fine wine or cheese, our relationship gets better with each passing year.

The majority of responses in this thread were "toys toys toys toys" so I thought I should do something a little different to break up the monotony. My family never had much growing up, and my parents always went well above and beyond what they could afford to shower me and my sister in gifts year after year.

Even though we were young, the two of us realized the burden Christmas put on our parents, and we gratefully accepted what we got. On Black Friday I went early-morning Christmas shopping with my mom, and after witnessing a couple with two shopping carts overflowing with toys tearing through Target's toy section like crazy people, my mom remarked that my sister and I were a lot different from her friends' and coworkers' children as we never threw a tantrum if we didn't get whatever the most-desired toy was for any given year.

2. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

yeah i never said anything... but i was one of those kids that got a new bike everycouple of years... and wasnt mistreated...plus i blaimed santa even after i knew he didnt exist....but growing up i didnt get many toys... and the ones i did get my adopted dad would lock in the attic ... it was ok tho... im making up for it now

3. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    Honestly? I don't remember anything I really REALLY wanted for Xmas... I was always extremely happy with whatever I got.

I remember one year when I was like 7, I got the MLP buggy and thought that was the best!
    Then the bratty rich girl across the street not only got that, but also the huge MLP nursery and lots of other cool pony stuff as well.

Couple of years later, I got ice skates! I was so thrilled!
    Rich bratty girl across the street? Skates, skis, boots, ski suit..the works! And I never once saw her use any one of them. :(