What's the next Universe Deluxe and Voyager Class....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by freshoreste, Jan 31, 2009.

1. freshoreste

freshoreste Member

ok.. i only collect Universe Deluxe and Voyager... and i know Hot Shot and Ratchet are wave 6 of the the Universe Deluxe Class... but whats next after this? Whos gonna be the next Universe Deluxe or Voyager Class after these ones? Let me know if theres any news or rumors...

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Any news and rumors would probably be in the News and Rumors section.

That said, the Universe line is taking a backseat for the new movie line, so don't expect much from Hasbro for the time being. Pick up some Henkeis with the money, or sell a kidney for a FansProject trailer.

3. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    the next voyager is gonna be vector prime.. no other universe figures after that for a while, i think..

4. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    no vector prime was wave 4 and only 1 or 2 sightings of the wave 4 case asst. you'll most likely never see him.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    As far as we know there is no wave 7 of Universe deluxes. Leo Prime and CD Scattershot repaint #2 are likely the last Voyager wave, as well. I'd be surprised if Universe doesn't come back at some point after the movie is over, but for now it's ending soon.

6. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    arent we getting a red alert?

7. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you guys forgot red alert

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As of right now Red Alert is a Henkei release only. And... there's not really enough time to do another wave of deluxes before the movie line hits in May. So, if we do get a Red Alert it will likely be as a store exclusive of some kind... similar to the two upcoming Ultras (Countdown & Darkwind). It's very possible that we could get Red Alert, but like I said... it probably won't be mass released, because Hasbro said that anything Universe released while the movie is around will only be as store exclusives.

Currently, the next wave of deluxes to hit stores will be wave six (Ratchet & Hot Shot) and the next wave of voyagers will be wave five (Leo Prime & Overload... who are currently available on Hasbrotoyshop.com). Nothing more has been said at this time and we probably won't know if there are going to be any deluxe or voyager exclusives until either Toy Fair this coming week or when Botcon rolls around this year. But don't hope to see a lot of exclusives while even Animated (which will stay mass release) is getting short sticked according to Hasbro with only 'key waves' being released while the movie is out.

In other words... if you don't like the movie-verse you're almost SOL this year.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, other than some store exclusives, Universe is pretty much done for the year. Hopefully I get the chance to get ahold of a Bruticus when he finally comes out (was supposed to come out already). He's really the only unreleased Universe figure I'm worried about getting. Hot Shot and Ratchet shouldn't be too hard to get, along with Smokescreen when I see him around here. I unfortunetly still need to get a Silverstreak, though it looks as though he isn't shipping out anymore. Target didn't have any of him or Sideswipe when I went there last night. Only figure out of their wave that was there was one Ironhide. The rest were Cyclonus, Acid Storm, Starscream, Hound, and Cheetor. Prowl, and possibly Smokescreen, might be the only one's of that mold I get. Though I might be able to get one off of a fellow board member.

10. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aren't him and Superion getting repackaged in movie boxes for their US release? I mean, that seems to be the case but I don't remember if it was confirmed or not.

11. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Yeah, my plan is to get a Ratchet and a Red Alert and sit tight and buy nothing until Bruticus/Superion. And by do nothing, I mean buy random Animated that may tickle my fancy, but out of print stuff I might have missed, and maybe kit bash a few things.

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Umm... Leo Prime and Overload are already in stores here. Put on the shelves pretty much at the same time as Inferno.

13. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Seems to be the case.

14. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ditto here. When I found inferno I found Leo Prime. Unfortunatley I passed on him and haven't seen the bastard since. Hopefully soon.

And, with some luck, maybe toyfair will show us some of those rumored universe exclusives. I'm hoping for maybe a Red Alert/Sunstorm two pack and a Grapple repaint of Inferno. movie time is good for me. I'll only buy the main characters in the film and save some scratch

15. Regrezz

Regrezz Well-Known Member

Yeah no doubt. Great for a 25 anniversary. Although there are a few movie toys I want (Devs) for the most part I will get to keep some green in the wallet.

16. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    The movie is almost a blessing. I might get Devastator but other than that looks like I'll be saving some money. Same thing with GI Joe. The movie is going to put me on a Joe hiaitus.

I might use this time to go get stuff like Hybrid Prime and his Black Convoy repaint.... just things I missed out on.

17. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Call me Mr. SOL then, ah well.

18. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly, around here, we haven't seen any voyagers past wave 2. Drop Shot, as much as I personally like him, seems to clog all of my local toy stores shelves. Though, I did see Treadbolt recently at Wally World... but I'd bought him months ago through HTS. Which is where I've been getting most of my TFU Voyagers from. Of course, I find this funny because the local stores seem to be keeping up with the Ultras and Deluxes just fine.

Yeah, I have to agree, but the bottom line for Hasbro is the movie's crazy ability to make money. I'll be getting a few figures from RotF, but after selling off 85% of the first movies toys (really, I looked at most of them around the end of last year and said 'WTF was I thinking?') I will be very very picky this year. Well, I probably won't have a choice in that given the current economy and the fact that I just found out my wife is pregnant again... great freakin' time for another rug rat to come along.

19. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    so basically the next voyagers are leo prime and overload? sorry, ive been out of the news about, overload is the armada character?
    and the next deluxes.. just red alert (it'll probably get a universe release)

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

There have been listings for them in retail store computers I think for around $30, and a single shot of Superion in the packaging, but that's about it.

Also, some movie toys I simply consider classics only, like movie Mudflap, who is my universe/classics Erector. Superion and Bruticus, who should have been released here in the states in their awesome universe packaging, are still classics combiners regardless of the packaging.